Hydrangea 8,329 Posted Friday at 08:27 PM Share Posted Friday at 08:27 PM I feel like calling it confessions 2 only opened it up to needless comparison, it is what it is and stands alone Looking down at my $t loser misery 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NewEnglandWitch 255 Posted Friday at 09:00 PM Share Posted Friday at 09:00 PM Ok but if we added Confessions Tour to this, that would be an easy win for me! Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shadownight 642 Posted Friday at 09:17 PM Share Posted Friday at 09:17 PM Confessions 2. Confessions 1 was the first album I ever bought and I absolutely love that album but Confessions 2 just feels different. People may say Confessions 1 has more standout songs, which maybe true for the general public but Confessions 2 flows so effortlessly and feels as though it was made with golden hour sunlight. 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
loveandpeace 2,270 Posted Friday at 11:02 PM Share Posted Friday at 11:02 PM 3 hours ago, bpmMonkey said: Ryan Murphy-esque desperate trash. what this was so random lmao ꕤ。˚⋆ there's only love in my heart 1 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,333 Posted Friday at 11:22 PM Share Posted Friday at 11:22 PM 2 hours ago, Hydrangea said: I feel like calling it confessions 2 only opened it up to needless comparison, it is what it is and stands alone It’s more unfortunate that confessions I exists in this context bc confessions ii fits the title better Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dante J 91 Posted Saturday at 03:34 AM Share Posted Saturday at 03:34 AM (edited) Confession 1 is a masterpiece confession 2 is a trash love sensation and one step away are the only good songs on the album. Edited Saturday at 09:33 AM by Dante J 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bpmMonkey 7,887 Posted Saturday at 05:19 AM Share Posted Saturday at 05:19 AM 9 hours ago, Ziggy said: what's ryan murphy-esque about it? im not getting where you're coming from there It's the reheating of nachos and not being confident enough to innovate while letting the name carry the project largely. Also, while its shiny and pretty to look at, it's empty calories and lacks narrative substance saving people, hunting things - the family business Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
princedeeblebleble 3,886 Posted Saturday at 05:53 AM Share Posted Saturday at 05:53 AM I picked 2, mainly because I feel like it kind of took what made 1 great and made it even more insane. There's more variety in production, she plays around more with her voice, she blends more genres of dance and she confessess more... Sure 1 has more radio hits, but in terme of lyrics and production 2 wins. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackout19 16,321 Posted Saturday at 07:20 AM Share Posted Saturday at 07:20 AM i love confessions II, but confessions on a dance floor has get together i am a free woman. ○● Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
OMF 3,691 Posted Saturday at 07:29 AM Share Posted Saturday at 07:29 AM Hard to say for me as both are very different. COADF felt fresh back at the time as one entity. Confessions 2 is fantastic and for me an album I prefer to listen to but it takes cues and influences from many of her previous albums so plays more like a tribute to her life. I never felt the original Confessions lived up to its name, it was a fantastic album and one of her absolute best but the sequel imo lives up to the name better 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stevo 712 Posted Saturday at 07:35 AM Share Posted Saturday at 07:35 AM 2 hours ago, bpmMonkey said: It's the reheating of nachos and not being confident enough to innovate while letting the name carry the project largely. Also, while its shiny and pretty to look at, it's empty calories and lacks narrative substance I think you missed the part where she talks about her family relationships, reflects on her past, and escapism thru music Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bpmMonkey 7,887 Posted Saturday at 07:47 AM Share Posted Saturday at 07:47 AM 9 minutes ago, Stevo said: I think you missed the part where she talks about her family relationships, reflects on her past, and escapism thru music No, I didn't. Those are actually the two songs I enjoy out of 16 or however many. I'm just a little pressed cause she is such an interesting person who has lived so much life and I'm interested in what stories she's able to tell but just doesn't on this record. saving people, hunting things - the family business Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Notorious Bean 8,554 Posted Saturday at 11:07 AM Share Posted Saturday at 11:07 AM Both are amazing in their own way! https://open.spotify.com/track/7q1GGm2mBlC9hPWige0C6e?si=6b5319d0e3b44fa6 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,214 Posted Saturday at 11:16 AM Share Posted Saturday at 11:16 AM 3 hours ago, bpmMonkey said: No, I didn't. Those are actually the two songs I enjoy out of 16 or however many. I'm just a little pressed cause she is such an interesting person who has lived so much life and I'm interested in what stories she's able to tell but just doesn't on this record. I mean, in all fairness, there's very few private stories left for her to tell. Going into any detail about her brother, her step mother and her relationship with Lourdes is pretty much all there is left to tell us. The only thing she's not touched is the whole custody battle drama with Rocco between the MDNA tour & Rebel Heart era starting. Its why I don't particularly care about the biopic she keeps trying to make happen - she's told us 99% of the juicy stuff via the medium she's actually good at. The gays know how to party Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bpmMonkey 7,887 Posted Saturday at 11:48 AM Share Posted Saturday at 11:48 AM 25 minutes ago, Bronco said: I mean, in all fairness, there's very few private stories left for her to tell. Going into any detail about her brother, her step mother and her relationship with Lourdes is pretty much all there is left to tell us. The only thing she's not touched is the whole custody battle drama with Rocco between the MDNA tour & Rebel Heart era starting. Its why I don't particularly care about the biopic she keeps trying to make happen - she's told us 99% of the juicy stuff via the medium she's actually good at. Sure sure, I think so too. But I'd be interested how she views the industry, her role in it, her relationship to the queers, politics, things we lost over the years etc. Not full on singer-songwriter, but maybe a little more than "read my lips, tell it to my face". idk, maybe I try to morph her into an artist in my head that she just isn't and it's unfair to expect work from her she's not interested in doing nowadays saving people, hunting things - the family business Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.