Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
opinion

AHS 13 is a dud (so far)


gagzus
 Share

Featured Posts

SlowLoris
5 hours ago, gagzus said:

We get what’s going on (the mystery is intriguing) but the need for old characters is entirely useless they could’ve just done this with entirely new characters. Not to mention some of the call backs are clunky and cringe. 

Of course it's clunky and cringe... It's been that way for it's entire span as a show.  Idk why people are talking about this like it was ever prestige television in the first place

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

Of course it's clunky and cringe... It's been that way for it's entire span as a show.  Idk why people are talking about this like it was ever prestige television in the first place

because it actually was good horror back when it started

it wasn't prestige but it was mostly well written and entertaining

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it I just started binging my way through Delicate so I could be caught up to watch the final season. And surprisingly I'm not hating Delicate so far. The mystery is keeping me intruiged

I knew  13 would be an absolute mess, but I was planning to just going in with the knowledge that it's just a fanservice clusterfu.ck, and take it for what it is. Maybe enjoy the returning characters as much as I could. But I keep hearing about how all-around-bad it is so far :Cautious:

And why the short episodes? In the age of streaming that just doesn't make any sense. Does it really cut budget to skip 10 extra minutes per ep? Surely they have the funding.. Ryan seems to keep his awful sh.it going forever somehow. Is it because they think our attention spans are too short for 40-45 minute episodes now? If so that's aboutta piss me off

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

Of course it's clunky and cringe... It's been that way for it's entire span as a show.  Idk why people are talking about this like it was ever prestige television in the first place

Go watch seasons 1-3 and tell me they’re at the same level as 4-12. Please. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

Of course it's clunky and cringe... It's been that way for it's entire span as a show.  Idk why people are talking about this like it was ever prestige television in the first place

To be fair, the older seasons absolutely had decent scripts and weren’t just trying to be quips and meme moments. The first 5 seasons for all their flaws had some fairly good writing. The first 3 seasons the most.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

SlowLoris
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

To be fair, the older seasons absolutely had decent scripts and weren’t just trying to be quips and meme moments. The first 5 seasons for all their flaws had some fairly good writing. The first 3 seasons the most.

I disagree.  They played it up for Tumblr from the very start.  I remember those days well.... Every shot and one-liner had to be a gifable moment for a choker girl's blog.  I mean hell, I love Coven but you can't tell me that they didn't design that season around what was popular at the time.  You could maybe argue that murder house wasn't as geared towards social media as the other Seasons, but it was still obsessed with tacky one-liners and teenage pseudo-romantic plotlines (violette and Tate, for example).  So tbh, I thought it was low-hanging fruit back then just as I do now.  

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RoadToLouis

I just don’t understand why studios keep treating Murphy like a creative mastermind. Pretty much every show he makes has a strong beginning and becomes really dissapointing and weak halfway through. It just feels like he gets bored and moves on onto the next show.

I enjoy the early seasons of AHS, and I’m fairly curious about 13th, but I just don’t think its worth watching everything after Hotel.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortunately i have to agree... it's been a snoozefest. and also confusing as hell. the whole time i was watching, i was just trying to figure out what was going on in each scene. hopefully it'll shape up to be better with each episode...

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rob said:

unfortunately i have to agree... it's been a snoozefest. and also confusing as hell. the whole time i was watching, i was just trying to figure out what was going on in each scene. hopefully it'll shape up to be better with each episode...

Based on the behind the scenes featurette they released which shows a lot of what’s coming it might get better. I just hate that it’s basically 13 episodes that are the same length as sitcoms. The first three episodes could’ve absolutely been one 1hr episode. Ending where episode 3 ended. 

I still have my theories about what’s going on, it’s nice to have an AHS series with an intriguing mystery again for the first time since Roanoke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RoadToLouis said:

I just don’t understand why studios keep treating Murphy like a creative mastermind. Pretty much every show he makes has a strong beginning and becomes really dissapointing and weak halfway through. It just feels like he gets bored and moves on onto the next show.

I enjoy the early seasons of AHS, and I’m fairly curious about 13th, but I just don’t think its worth watching everything after Hotel.

To be fair he does pretty well beyond AHS. His Monster shows are pretty good since they pull from real life serial killers. Grotesquerie was also pretty amazing with its story and twist imo. Probably the best show he’s made in a long time. And AHS:NYC and Delicate were good considering NYC was based around a real epidemic and Delicate was based on the book Delicate Condition (which I’m reading rn and it’s pretty much 1:1 in terms of recreation, some lines are almost lifted verbatim from the book).

I’d say his trifecta of properties it’s good premises, mysteries, horror, twists and writing were Coven, Grotesquerie and his Dahmer season of Monster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also since the Scream Queens characters were supposed to be in this season of AHS I can see the crossover happening for season 14.

I also predict that Sarah Paulson and Emma Roberts are 100% gonna be in the Glee reboot. 

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

I disagree.  They played it up for Tumblr from the very start.  I remember those days well.... Every shot and one-liner had to be a gifable moment for a choker girl's blog.  I mean hell, I love Coven but you can't tell me that they didn't design that season around what was popular at the time.  You could maybe argue that murder house wasn't as geared towards social media as the other Seasons, but it was still obsessed with tacky one-liners and teenage pseudo-romantic plotlines (violette and Tate, for example).  So tbh, I thought it was low-hanging fruit back then just as I do now.  

as a former choker girl who reblogged those corny aesthetic early season gifsets religiously, ur so real for this

she/her
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

phantasmas
On 9/28/2026 at 10:27 PM, phantasmas said:

#NoGaGaNoViews

as boring as it was....

was i wrong ...

well-so-im-done.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=16f6b

Edited by phantasmas
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...