Jump to content
tech

Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon AI battles in development


gagzus
 Share

Featured Posts

i'm actually quite surprised this isn't a thing already given how long VR has been a thing and nintendo's ability to scan those card/figurine things to put into games?

Edited by nATAH
mother, what must i do?
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nATAH said:

i'm actually quite surprised this isn't a thing already given how long VR has been a thing and nintendo's ability to scan those card/figurine things to put into games?

It’s all about the AI at the end of the day, the game us too niche to develop a vr system with good game mechanics etc..

but since AI is crazy these days people are able to create systems and develop real games in no time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Elohim said:

It’s all about the AI at the end of the day, the game us too niche to develop a vr system with good game mechanics etc..

but since AI is crazy these days people are able to create systems and develop real games in no time.

niche? pokemon is absolutely huge

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nATAH said:

niche? pokemon is absolutely huge

Was talking about yu gi oh, pokemon are doing the bare minimum for their main game branch so creating AR game for the tgc is too much to ask

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

EART HL I NG
6 hours ago, Bronco said:

You mean you weren't just throwing a squirrel at a bird and going "use tackle"?

Ahh the good ol' days. I remember winning my first pokemon duel by dropping a boulder on a caterpillar and shouting "SLAM!"

 

to be young again

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RebeldeFaith
11 hours ago, Bronco said:

You mean you weren't just throwing a squirrel at a bird and going "use tackle"?

Friend...

dd51bc3407019d00ecbfbd203fd2f183

Spoiler

How's therapy going?

Can I vanish into a cheeseburger pizza?
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RebeldeFaith
5 hours ago, EART HL I NG said:

Ahh the good ol' days. I remember winning my first pokemon duel by dropping a boulder on a caterpillar and shouting "SLAM!"

 

to be young again

dd51bc3407019d00ecbfbd203fd2f183

Can I vanish into a cheeseburger pizza?
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RebeldeFaith
2 minutes ago, EART HL I NG said:

Some of y'all never played Pokemon the way God intended and it shows 😤😤😤

Please, never become a politician.

dd51bc3407019d00ecbfbd203fd2f183

Can I vanish into a cheeseburger pizza?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Taumaturg0
21 hours ago, gagzus said:

It‘s an AR that uses AI to scan the cards and create the 3D models based on collected information in real time.

ok, so not generative AI, I'm not mad a this kind of usage

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Taumaturg0 said:

ok, so not generative AI, I'm not mad a this kind of usage

Yeah no generative ai thankfully. All the models are human created it seems; the AI is in the way it scans cards and knows where to place things and how to do certain things in the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

EART HL I NG
19 minutes ago, RebeldeFaith said:

Please, never become a politician.

dd51bc3407019d00ecbfbd203fd2f183

Becoming a politician, like friends and sex, gets in the way of what is truly important in this world.

 

Defending these gyn badges. I only need one more but every time I show up with my pokemon team the Planet Fitness manager calls the cops

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Taumaturg0
18 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Yeah no generative ai thankfully. All the models are human created it seems; the AI is in the way it scans cards and knows where to place things and how to do certain things in the system.

which is a kind of AI that has been used for a long time, but only recently available for the GP. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...