TimotheeChalamet 7,058 Posted September 22 Share Posted September 22 when will they do this? I still don't see ads but when they show up I'll force my father to cancel, he made our shared account because of those trashy Marvel series he enjoys to watch from time to time Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Future Lovers 7,870 Posted September 22 Share Posted September 22 (edited) I think it’s time to update this thread with the news that this isn’t actually true and this story came from a misunderstanding about a language change in the ToS in Europe. Premium tiers will continue to be ad free, just as they have been. This was all a miscommunication. Edited September 22 by Future Lovers Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,629 Posted September 22 Author Share Posted September 22 (edited) 10 minutes ago, Future Lovers said: I think it’s time to update this thread with the news that this isn’t actually true and this story came from a misunderstanding about a language change in the ToS in Europe. Premium tiers will continue to be ad free, just as they have been. This was all a miscommunication. There’s still ads on premium, before and after all content. Some of which are still not able to be skipped. So there’s still no effectively “ad free” tier. They also reserve the right for ads and sponsorships across the website, content and live tv streams. Updated the OP. Edited September 22 by gagzus Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,776 Posted September 22 Share Posted September 22 This is why I cancelled all my streaming services, bought a box that ahem, sails the seven seas and allows me to watch just about anything available on any streaming device plus live TV, and I have a VPN to protect myself from malicious activity and to hide everything from the ISP. She/Her/Hers Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,629 Posted Wednesday at 08:06 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 08:06 PM Just a quick update; they’re also raising the price of tiers. Currently the topmost tier is going up to nearly $22 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,827 Posted Wednesday at 08:16 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:16 PM 8 minutes ago, gagzus said: Just a quick update; they’re also raising the price of tiers. Currently the topmost tier is going up to nearly $22 Omfg. I'll reiterate what I said earlier about the state of streaming too: earlier I wanted to watch Spotlight (the movie about the reporters exposing the Catholic Church)...it's available on Lionsgate+?? Who on earth has Lionsgate+? This happens for like 90% of the movies I want to watch. It's getting worse you missed a bit Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,629 Posted Wednesday at 08:21 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 08:21 PM Just now, onTheBrink said: Omfg. I'll reiterate what I said earlier about the state of streaming too: earlier I wanted to watch Spotlight (the movie about the reporters exposing the Catholic Church)...it's available on Lionsgate+?? Who on earth has Lionsgate+? This happens for like 90% of the movies I want to watch. It's getting worse We can blame Disney+ directly for that because they popularised segmentation based on studios. Once they took Disney content to one place so did all the other studios and corporations. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,827 Posted Wednesday at 08:26 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:26 PM 3 minutes ago, gagzus said: We can blame Disney+ directly for that because they popularised segmentation based on studios. Once they took Disney content to one place so did all the other studios and corporations. Ugh. I would warmly embrace piracy if there was a way of keeping an up-to-date library that didn't require maintenance. I tried a Plex server but maintaining it took up too much time. And I'd rather rely on my own files than some malware ridden website you missed a bit Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,629 Posted Wednesday at 08:28 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 08:28 PM 1 minute ago, onTheBrink said: Ugh. I would warmly embrace piracy if there was a way of keeping an up-to-date library that didn't require maintenance. I tried a Plex server but maintaining it took up too much time. And I'd rather rely on my own files than some malware ridden website I started using Streamex with a VPN and honestly it changed everything for me. If you use it on the same device you can also just continue what you were watching. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ilia Malinin 3,146 Posted Thursday at 01:18 AM Share Posted Thursday at 01:18 AM what the f*ck am i paying for then everyone keeps saying "oh, he's back, he's back!" but the truth is i never left! Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purrrrrr 18,533 Posted Friday at 09:35 PM Share Posted Friday at 09:35 PM In what countries? Mine still doesn't have adverts and i only pay the 7.99 a month Meow Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.