Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

2026 Midterm Discussions (Polls, updates, and more)


PartySick
 Share

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
48 minutes ago, Bronco said:

The establishment is what I'm looking at. 

If they lose Texas or a few other deep reds, given Vance is trying to pitch as continunity Trump I'd expect the GOP establishment to fall in heavily behind someone else.

Or fight like rats in a sack.

 

I'm hoping to watch them fight like rats in a sack

I genuinely think Vance will distance himself but not enough to anger MAGA.

These elected Republicans have not been able to stand up to Trump this entire time, I doubt they seriously start doing it now. So many reckless cowards in government. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I genuinely think Vance will distance himself but not enough to anger MAGA.

These elected Republicans have not been able to stand up to Trump this entire time, I doubt they seriously start doing it now. So many reckless cowards in government. 

They've always run scared of his name value as both an endorsement and a disruptor (him primarying massie and coryn).

This cycle has shown that his power has waned/his grip loosened over the electorate in key republican seats. 

IF Dems take both chambers, I'd fully expect the arch Establishment names to start trying to reassert their grip on the internal party machinery and allow the dems to increasingly isolate the WH.

Trump made a lot of enemies this cycle. And the Senate are already showing signs of breaking from him in them refusing to coordinate their PAC spending.

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince
3 hours ago, Bronco said:

They've always run scared of his name value as both an endorsement and a disruptor (him primarying massie and coryn).

This cycle has shown that his power has waned/his grip loosened over the electorate in key republican seats. 

IF Dems take both chambers, I'd fully expect the arch Establishment names to start trying to reassert their grip on the internal party machinery and allow the dems to increasingly isolate the WH.

Trump made a lot of enemies this cycle. And the Senate are already showing signs of breaking from him in them refusing to coordinate their PAC spending.

I would hope so but I have little faith. I just wish we could move on from this MAGA cult. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

Only 39% of white people supporting Talarico in that Siena poll is worrying me. 

White people are always the problem in these elections. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I would hope so but I have little faith. I just wish we could move on from this MAGA cult. 

Honestly for me its not even hope. Trump's a personality cult, but the American system creates a literal forced end besides death to the cult. 

As a result, he has to go in 2028 even if it is kicking & screaming. And I'd be gobsmacked if the establishment GOP, who have always hated him but seen his value use it as their ides of march moment to deal with a cancer that has lost its 1 benefit. 

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

Ok, the comparison gives me more hope: 

Texas Demographic Shift (NYT/Siena)

White Voters
🔴 2018 — Cruz +36
🟤 2026 — Paxton +20

Hispanic Voters
🔵 2018 — O'Rourke +20
🔵 2026 — Talarico +32

Independents
🔴 2018 — Cruz +12
🔵 2026 — Talarico +23

Note: Across Sept polling, Talarico outperforms Beto by an average of 16 points among White voters.

  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

TEXAS POLL By YouGov 

SENATE 
🟦 James Talarico: 50%
🟥 Ken Paxton: 44%
——
GOVERNOR 
🟦 Gina Hinojosa: 48%
🟥 Greg Abbott (i): 47%

Recall: Trump 52-40 | 9/28-10/5 | LV

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Any predictions for an October surprise? 

Feels like they're trying to set the scenes for an Iran false flag on US soil.

The gays know how to party
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

YouGov Hispanic support in Texas
#TXSen
Ken Paxton 34%

#TXGov
Greg Abbott 37%

I would love to know...why? :rip:

Whimsical bitch
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Franch Toast

I did my civic duty and turned in my early ballot for the dems, and my family members did the same. Hope we can do our part in creating a blue tsunami this November. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I would love to know...why? :rip:

Honestly many are just conservative and that's why. They have no real idea what they're voting for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TheMontebello

Wishing you guys the best and wishing good mental health too, because mine is a little bit of a mess since Brazil's election last Sunday :messga:

You like the fat girl I got in me 🍕
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...