Morphine Prince 110,095 Posted Saturday at 01:25 PM Share Posted Saturday at 01:25 PM TEXAS POLL By NYT/Siena (A+) SENATE 🟦 James Talarico: 51% (+4) 🟥 Ken Paxton: 45% (-2) —— GOVERNOR 🟦 Gina Hinojosa: 49% (+5) 🟥 Greg Abbott (i): 46% (-5) 9/21-30 | LV | (+/- vs June) 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 01:26 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 01:26 PM Just now, Morphine Prince said: TEXAS POLL By NYT/Siena (A+) SENATE 🟦 James Talarico: 51% (+4) 🟥 Ken Paxton: 45% (-2) —— GOVERNOR 🟦 Gina Hinojosa: 49% (+5) 🟥 Greg Abbott (i): 46% (-5) 9/21-30 | LV | (+/- vs June) He broke 50% Whimsical bitch Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,095 Posted Saturday at 01:27 PM Share Posted Saturday at 01:27 PM Just now, PartySick said: He broke 50% I do NOT believe the governor polling though. There is no way Greg Abbott is losing to this woman who is pretty much unknown. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 02:33 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 02:33 PM 1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said: I do NOT believe the governor polling though. There is no way Greg Abbott is losing to this woman who is pretty much unknown. I heard she's been hitting Abbott hard with data centers and that school voucher thing. Between that and the general trend and Talarico giving her a little boost I could see her being at least tied with Abbott. Though I do think both Talarico and Abbott both win with a ~2% margin. Not enough of Paxton's stink is rubbing off on Abbott to tank him imo. Maybe we'll be surprised though My poor state is giving me hope, unfortunately. Nixon is dragging Moody by 5% on average but Jolly is starting to lead Donalds consistently. I guess if we can't have mother as the senator at least there's a real chance to have someone who doesn't completely suck as our governor Whimsical bitch 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,095 Posted Saturday at 02:45 PM Share Posted Saturday at 02:45 PM 11 minutes ago, PartySick said: I heard she's been hitting Abbott hard with data centers and that school voucher thing. Between that and the general trend and Talarico giving her a little boost I could see her being at least tied with Abbott. Though I do think both Talarico and Abbott both win with a ~2% margin. Not enough of Paxton's stink is rubbing off on Abbott to tank him imo. Maybe we'll be surprised though My poor state is giving me hope, unfortunately. Nixon is dragging Moody by 5% on average but Jolly is starting to lead Donalds consistently. I guess if we can't have mother as the senator at least there's a real chance to have someone who doesn't completely suck as our governor I do see her gaining ground but idk. I can’t let myself get too optimistic. Texas and Florida remain being huge disappointments so we can’t get too happy. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 03:20 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 03:20 PM 34 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said: I do see her gaining ground but idk. I can’t let myself get too optimistic. Texas and Florida remain being huge disappointments so we can’t get too happy. I'm sniffing that hopium like it was crack and my name is Don Jr. Whimsical bitch 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 03:23 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 03:23 PM I got my voter guide from my county's Democratic party. FINALLY feels like we're about to actually have this election I really, really want her to win more than anything To say "a progressive black woman is my senator" would be too much Whimsical bitch Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 05:12 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 05:12 PM Democratic voter registration has outpaced Republican registration in Florida for the first time in years Whimsical bitch 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,600 Posted Saturday at 05:23 PM Share Posted Saturday at 05:23 PM 3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: TEXAS POLL By NYT/Siena (A+) SENATE 🟦 James Talarico: 51% (+4) 🟥 Ken Paxton: 45% (-2) —— GOVERNOR 🟦 Gina Hinojosa: 49% (+5) 🟥 Greg Abbott (i): 46% (-5) 9/21-30 | LV | (+/- vs June) I need this to happen purely because I want to watch what the Republican do if Trump costs them texas The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,600 Posted Saturday at 05:25 PM Share Posted Saturday at 05:25 PM 11 minutes ago, PartySick said: Democratic voter registration has outpaced Republican registration in Florida for the first time in years If Florida becomes part of the fight back story having effectively been the state that made Trump possible in the 2000 election. It would be truly poetic. The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 05:27 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 05:27 PM 1 minute ago, Bronco said: If Florida becomes part of the fight back story having effectively been the state that made Trump possible in the 2000 election. It would be truly poetic. And keep in mind, if the best case scenario happens then he'll leave office in January of 2029 and come "home" to Florida where he has a Democratic governor and a black female socialist senator Whimsical bitch 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,600 Posted Saturday at 05:29 PM Share Posted Saturday at 05:29 PM 1 minute ago, PartySick said: And keep in mind, if the best case scenario happens then he'll leave office in January of 2029 and come "home" to Florida where he has a Democratic governor and a black female socialist senator We can only hope The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,095 Posted Saturday at 05:32 PM Share Posted Saturday at 05:32 PM 8 minutes ago, Bronco said: I need this to happen purely because I want to watch what the Republican do if Trump costs them texas They will still line up to vote for JD Vance in 2028. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,600 Posted Saturday at 05:37 PM Share Posted Saturday at 05:37 PM 3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said: They will still line up to vote for JD Vance in 2028. The establishment is what I'm looking at. If they lose Texas or a few other deep reds, given Vance is trying to pitch as continunity Trump I'd expect the GOP establishment to fall in heavily behind someone else. Or fight like rats in a sack. I'm hoping to watch them fight like rats in a sack The gays know how to party Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,333 Posted Saturday at 05:55 PM Author Share Posted Saturday at 05:55 PM 12 minutes ago, Bronco said: The establishment is what I'm looking at. If they lose Texas or a few other deep reds, given Vance is trying to pitch as continunity Trump I'd expect the GOP establishment to fall in heavily behind someone else. Or fight like rats in a sack. I'm hoping to watch them fight like rats in a sack I think Vance's play is to snake Trump from the inside. He needs the Trump voters to turn out for him in 2028 so he needs the public to believe he's Trump 2.0 in a younger, more #AmericaFirst bo. But, behind closed doors, I absolutely expect him to promise a less manic and chaotic administration if the establishment falls in line behind him. MAGA in the streets, neo-con in the sheets. He's also probably praying Democrats take both the house and the senate. He knows he has nothing to tout as accomplishments as this administration's VP but he could make a case that "Well, Democrats have held congress hostage for two years and stopped us from doing anything so ". He probably also knows impeachments and investigations will just cause a little boost in the "rally behind poor victim Trump" metric. They'll absolutely cry "lawfare". It's flimsy and Republicans would be better off taking a hard liberal (not progressive) turn and accepting a few defeats for long term stability but...it's there...and I guess it's about the best strategy a coward like him could have Whimsical bitch 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.