Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 (edited) 1 hour ago, ryansamonster said: Baby, if I needed a music lesson, I would’ve asked. I’ll go tell artists like MIA, Santigold, Peaches, Justice and Soulwax that they’re all making pop music. I’m sure they’ll agree with you. And stop quoting me I mean, many of them have made pop songs, so you wouldn’t be wrong! I think you just have a pretty narrow view of what the term pop encompasses Edited August 12 by Ladle Ghoulash We have forgotten our public MANNERS 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,104 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: In what world is it *not* pop? Lmao She said to stop quoting her!!! 6 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 Just now, NUTELLA said: She said to stop quoting her!!! Crash outs are MANDATORY now We have forgotten our public MANNERS 4 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
nATAH 58,396 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 (edited) 3 hours ago, ryansamonster said: Seriously what else do y’all listen to besides Gaga. I don’t really want to know, as this thread has proven taste does not exist in this forum. Anybody saying WGIA$ is pop needs to get their ears checked. the only one without taste is you! this song and the album is stellar music one of the best pop releases in a long time! Edited August 12 by nATAH mother, what must i do? 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ryansamonster 1,820 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 (edited) 3 minutes ago, nATAH said: the only one without taste is you! this song and the album is stellar music one of the best pop releases in a long time! I literally just saw Slayyyter at a Lolla after and was there for her set at the fest. I even made my own bunny ears and a red trucker hat. but please tell me more about slayyyter who is she?? Edited August 12 by ryansamonster Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ryansamonster 1,820 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 6 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: I mean, many of them have made pop songs, so you wouldn’t be wrong! I think you just have a pretty narrow view of what the term pop encompasses Your only filter is pop. Mine isn’t. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
nATAH 58,396 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 1 minute ago, ryansamonster said: I literally just saw Slayyyter at a Lolla after and was there for her set at the fest. I deserved that! mother, what must i do? Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 (edited) 6 minutes ago, ryansamonster said: Your only filter is pop. Mine isn’t. Right. Anyway, structurally and compositionally, Slayyyter makes pop music and she wouldn’t deny that. Nor would Santigold, nor would MIA, nor would JUSTICE deny they’ve done pop before, nor would Peaches deny a pop sensibility etc. Not really sure where the unearned sense of superiority nor unprovoked hostility came from, tbh. Seems like you, for some reason, think songs can only have one stylistic framework/genre aesthetic 🤷♂️ Edited August 12 by Ladle Ghoulash We have forgotten our public MANNERS 2 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 (edited) I should know better than trying to talk genre with liddos because it’s generally headache inducing lmao Edited August 12 by Ladle Ghoulash We have forgotten our public MANNERS 2 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,243 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 7 minutes ago, ryansamonster said: Your only filter is pop. Mine isn’t. The gays know how to party 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 (edited) 1 minute ago, Bronco said: “Fellas, is it musically illiterate to recognize that pop is a sensibility and format that can be applied to any genre aesthetic and, historically, has not been viewed as a genre unto itself until relatively recently?” Edited August 12 by Ladle Ghoulash We have forgotten our public MANNERS Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ryansamonster 1,820 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 4 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Right. Anyway, structurally and compositionally, Slayyyter makes pop music and she wouldn’t deny that. Nor would Santigold, nor would MIA, nor would JUSTICE deny they’ve done pop before, nor would Peaches deny a pop sensibility etc. Not really sure where the unearned sense of superiority nor unprovoked hostility came from, tbh. Seems like you, for some reason, think songs can only have one stylistic framework/genre aesthetic 🤷♂️ So making a few songs that lean into pop makes you a pop artist?? I actually think Santi, MIA, and Justice would despise that thought. You don’t have to agree with me. Have you guys heard Slayyyters interviews this era?? Or her influences? Nowhere did I say “it’s one genre” all I said was it isn’t pop. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 Just now, ryansamonster said: making a few songs that lean into pop makes you a pop artist?? When did I say that? 1 minute ago, ryansamonster said: it isn’t pop But it surely is. We have forgotten our public MANNERS 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FfFfFfFF 59,036 Posted August 12 Author Share Posted August 12 Arguments keeping my hit thread trending ❤️ Keep going 😍 2 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,243 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 2 minutes ago, ryansamonster said: Nowhere did I say “it’s one genre” all I said was it isn’t pop. And yet the genres you think it is, all take from pop The gays know how to party 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.