getbehindmybarrier 1,195 Posted August 7 Share Posted August 7 On 8/4/2026 at 11:56 PM, NUTELLA said: I know it sounds incredibly superficial, but I genuinely think I would have liked the music (a bit) more if that had been the album cover Agreed on this should have been the album cover. It's as really great photo. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
princedeeblebleble 3,892 Posted August 7 Share Posted August 7 (edited) On 8/5/2026 at 5:50 AM, Lumiere said: Kinda off topic but the ARTPOP announcement photo is so fckin ICONIC I always thought it was so crazy that With the themes and promo of the album THIS wasn't the cover. The whole I&V shoot was so brilliant and they didn't use it for the album cover, booklet and promo material? Like yea it's iconic that Koons made a massive statue outta her, but like.. it wasn't a nice cover Also I wonder whatever happened to that statue?! Edited August 7 by princedeeblebleble 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,638 Posted August 7 Share Posted August 7 1 hour ago, princedeeblebleble said: I always thought it was so crazy that With the themes and promo of the album THIS wasn't the cover. The whole I&V shoot was so brilliant and they didn't use it for the album cover, booklet and promo material? Like yea it's iconic that coons made a massive statue outta her, but like.. it wasn't a nice cover Also I wonder whatever happened to that statue?! Allegedly the statue was destroyed after artRAVE, also I’m 100% sure that on the cover it’s her edited to look like a statue because seeing the statue itself it looks nothing like the one on the cover lmao. Also just for future reference it’s Koons the spelling you did is something else and in fact a racist slur dkfbdkd 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
princedeeblebleble 3,892 Posted August 7 Share Posted August 7 4 minutes ago, gagzus said: Allegedly the statue was destroyed after artRAVE, also I’m 100% sure that on the cover it’s her edited to look like a statue because seeing the statue itself it looks nothing like the one on the cover lmao. Also just for future reference it’s Koons the spelling you did is something else and in fact a racist slur dkfbdkd I also had the same theory about her being photoshopped to a statue. Lmaooo i.. idk how that happened, thanks for letting me know! I guess cause I always speak about raccoons it went there lmao 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helxig 45,801 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 On 8/5/2026 at 9:05 PM, VTV said: You have no idea the chokehold this image has throughout 2013 OH I SURE DO. I was there. I was in the trenches all of ARTPOP. I was there when she broke her hip and went radio silent after 4 years of CONSTANT press and social media. I was worried for her, and felt bittersweet when the first images of her in a wheelchair emerged. Then when we saw her walking again, extremely skinn but such a slay in NYC, with the long brown hair and high rise skirt and bra and tall shoes. I remember that image dropping after months of 'leaks' of dark, dance music, and photoshopped images of her with heavy makeup. It was a total reset. It was her telling us that this era was going to be differed. It SHOOK the fanbase. Almost no makeup, fresh face, natural hair colour, looking like a beautiful goddess. We knew then that SOMETHING interesting was coming. Ugh. I don't know if I've ever felt that way again since. That was peak fandom I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin. 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RetroStrawberry 43 Posted August 11 Share Posted August 11 On 8/9/2026 at 4:33 AM, Helxig said: OH I SURE DO. I was there. I was in the trenches all of ARTPOP. I was there when she broke her hip and went radio silent after 4 years of CONSTANT press and social media. I was worried for her, and felt bittersweet when the first images of her in a wheelchair emerged. Then when we saw her walking again, extremely skinn but such a slay in NYC, with the long brown hair and high rise skirt and bra and tall shoes. I remember that image dropping after months of 'leaks' of dark, dance music, and photoshopped images of her with heavy makeup. It was a total reset. It was her telling us that this era was going to be differed. It SHOOK the fanbase. Almost no makeup, fresh face, natural hair colour, looking like a beautiful goddess. We knew then that SOMETHING interesting was coming. Ugh. I don't know if I've ever felt that way again since. That was peak fandom Do you happen to have that image? I didn’t see any pictures after she resurfaced. "She's unbelievably creative because she's not unbelievably talented." -Cher Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Starmie25 22,862 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sepsami 21,129 Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 On 8/5/2026 at 8:44 PM, Decodekid said: The concept of an actual vocal potentially being recorded while some beans were being thrown around makes me wonder what else are we indirectly witnessing through these recordings, like what if by minute 1:44 in aura Zedd was picking his nose, or if Gaga was pulling out a wedgie while recording Blade of Grass My headcannon for Perfect Illusion at 2:47 is BloodPop letting out a wet fart that found itself onto the recording 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.