Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
new music

Sabrina Carpenter - Man's Best Friend


TaylorSwift

Featured Posts

  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernster7

Short and Sweet is miles better. No songs grabbed on first listen and after a couple more only two managed to get my attention.

Monsters never die.
Link to post
Share on other sites

gumzy3000

So far I love Manchild, Tears, My Man on Willpower, Nobody’s Son, Go Go Juice, and House Tour. 
 

I was expecting this to be sexier and edgier but it’s actually really light and kind of funny sometimes. 
 

I’m not feeling any other song though. :crossed:

trolly troll troll
Link to post
Share on other sites

berlinforme

I think Short n Sweet had higher highs but overall Man's Best Friend is the better album to me. If one likes the 50s/70s vibes.
Also, I was expecting something edgier soundwise but this is pretty much in line with Manchild, I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monstermilo

is she trying to appeal to repressed trump supporters cuz idk who this is supposed to appeal to 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TheARTPOPball

This album is good but to be honest, not remarkable in comparison to Short n’ Sweet

I know they were trying to release while there was still momentum and upward projection for her career but i think artistically, she would have benefited from taking more time and creating a stronger follow up for one of the best pop albums of the Past 5 years. 
 

These songs are fun, but forgettable. I think if the record label really felt like they needed to release something now, it should have been an EP with a collab or two on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This Album is a real downgrade from "Short n Sweet", and whoever says otherwise is force-feeding themselves to like this project.

The charme of the sexy and witty songwriting of SnS, is non existing for "Men's Best Friend", and feels dull and poorly copied, the production quality is even worse - with a few songs, standing out in sound and melody. Except from manchild there is not one song-melody I can remember after one-time listening to the album. Sadly no pop bible, but Mayhem's Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album 2026 seems on lock now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NewUsername

Manchild and Nobody's Son are the strongest on the album. A lot of the rest feel, as already said several times by other users, bland.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wet Fire

I think she intended to strike the iron when it's hot and released this album to ride on the SNS success. (Which commercially is a solid tactic and it's totally working) Artistically, this album really needed more time to develop. It has potential but the lack of creativity is showing here and there across the album. Some songs are good. The album overall is okay-ish, at times stunted and boring. But it's quite a downgrade from SNS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

princedeeblebleble

After a few listens I actually like it, personally prefer it over S&S :p its a more fun and 

Solid vocals, cute lyrics, wish she had more songs without Jack and in the vein of Tears and house tour, but overall its good. Hope she gives herself a bit more time for the next project though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

tlittlemonster

The album is boring and it won't age well tbh

I think it'll still do well first week because of hype and pre-orders but my guess is it will die quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...