Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
new video

Florence + The Machine - Everybody Scream


JOLT

Featured Posts

garbage day
35 minutes ago, happymistake said:

that's all i could think about the entire video :ally:

but i like this, haven't really listened to Florence since Ceremonials.. i should catch up on her other albums

I don't know what else it was supposed to be? It was obviously some kind of like sexual possession or rapture overtaking them.

I'm in the similar boat there too. I love all her music up to How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful and everything else caught me when I was too busy or whatever. If you liked this, I think you'll love HBHBHB. It's witchy and very 70s rock influenced plus her usual power and ethereal-ness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
garbage day
3 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Ngl, and this is going to sound very ironic coming from a Gaga fan, but the meta-performance trope is a bit tired atp. Very good song, tho.

What do you mean by meta-performance?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zombieboyyy

This song is definitely a grower!! At first I didn't like it very much but now I've listened to it again and I love it!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

happymistake
52 minutes ago, vanna shintuyu said:

I don't know what else it was supposed to be? It was obviously some kind of like sexual possession or rapture overtaking them.

between the video and lyrics i was like oh? we love a song about orgies :billie:

 

52 minutes ago, vanna shintuyu said:

I'm in the similar boat there too. I love all her music up to How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful and everything else caught me when I was too busy or whatever. If you liked this, I think you'll love HBHBHB. It's witchy and very 70s rock influenced plus her usual power and ethereal-ness.

ooo i will give it a listen!

when you killed me inside, that's when i came alive
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
3 hours ago, vanna shintuyu said:

What do you mean by meta-performance?

Singing about what it’s like to be a performer, basically. Using performance to comment on the fact that it’s performance, singing about singing, making art about making art etc (Applause is a good example of something like this). 

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughhouse Dandy
52 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Singing about what it’s like to be a performer, basically. Using performance to comment on the fact that it’s performance, singing about singing, making art about making art etc (Applause is a good example of something like this). 

But this has been a thing forever though 😭

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

But this has been a thing forever though 😭

When did I say it was new? I said it was a tired trope lmao. I don’t think that kind of work is categorically bad, but I just don’t really feel like this song necessarily even brings anything new to it thematically. 

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughhouse Dandy
8 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

When did I say it was new? I said it was a tired trope lmao. I don’t think that kind of work is categorically bad, but I just don’t really feel like this song necessarily even brings anything new to it thematically. 

You didn't 💜 I just read it as an implication that it is a recent trend that was overstaying its welcome to you. Guess I was wrong 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
Link to post
Share on other sites

garbage day
9 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Ngl, and this is going to sound very ironic coming from a Gaga fan, but the meta-performance trope is a bit tired atp. Very good song, tho.

 

1 hour ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

You didn't 💜 I just read it as an implication that it is a recent trend that was overstaying its welcome to you. Guess I was wrong 

Well no... "meta performance trope is tired at this point" intentionally makes it sound like a recent trend that's run its course.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
5 minutes ago, vanna shintuyu said:

 

Well no... "meta performance trope is tired at this point" intentionally makes it sound like a recent trend that's run its course.

I mean, not really? A trope isn’t a trend, a trope is something that can be sustained/repeated over a long period (and has been, in this case). Something that has been done for a long time can also be overdone. 

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

garbage day
2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I mean, not really? A trope isn’t a trend, a trope is something that can be sustained/repeated over a long period (and has been, in this case). Something that has been done for a long time can also be overdone. 

Sure, yeah. You're right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
8 minutes ago, vanna shintuyu said:

Sure, yeah. You're right.

Uh oh, somebody’s pissed :ladyhaha:

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

garbage day
15 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Uh oh, somebody’s pissed :ladyhaha:

I'm not pissed, I just don't want to struggle with someone who doesn't budge. I even told you you were right and you still weren't satisfied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, dynamite said:

I need to clean my bathroom

Sounds like someone thought the song was called, “Everybody Cream” :trollga:

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...