dopega 3,795 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 ROM >>>>>>> Free Beat (Sponsored by GarageBand) is just terrible Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mirrion Rizzons 12,865 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 FW is one of her worst songs Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackout19 16,390 Posted August 15, 2025 Author Share Posted August 15, 2025 15 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said: FW is one of her worst songs i am a free woman. ○● Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,350 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 3 hours ago, AVeryGagaHolyDick said: I dislike both but I’d say FW is a better written song, however its production is awful so ROM wins this part. it's obvious they put a lot of effort into making RoM the HIT single even though its bones are naturally a little weaker than free woman's imo Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Mayhem 3,726 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 Rain on Me...the Grammy award winning song and best video of the Chromatica era Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,394 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 1 hour ago, Ziggy said: this part. it's obvious they put a lot of effort into making RoM the HIT single even though its bones are naturally a little weaker than free woman's imo Eh, I think the writing on ROM blows FW out of the water. ROM’s lyrics are cleaner, clearer, the melody in the verse and chorus are stronger, the bass groove and the drop is much more effective, not to mention FW’s “I’m not nothing etc etc” which, imo, is a clunker for the ages lyrically. FW is not a bad song and I honestly think that I would love it more if they kept the OG production style, but I do think ROM takes the cake here. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,350 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 4 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Eh, I think the writing on ROM blows FW out of the water. ROM’s lyrics are cleaner, clearer, the melody in the verse and chorus are stronger, the bass groove and the drop is much more effective, not to mention FW’s “I’m not nothing etc etc” which, imo, is a clunker for the ages lyrically. FW is not a bad song and I honestly think that I would love it more if they kept the OG production style, but I do think ROM takes the cake here. Oh that's what I mean like stripped down to the bones I think FW has more potential basically whereas ROM is kinda the best they would have gotten out of that song (though I think the piano line in the original demo is better being so forward). Like if they'd gone in the direction of the original free woman demo and cleaned up some of the clunky lyricism like that? SMASH Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,350 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 4 hours ago, Lord Mayhem said: Rain on Me...the Grammy award winning song and best video of the Chromatica era best video of chromatica? girl...that's not saying too much LOL Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Mayhem 3,726 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 3 minutes ago, Ziggy said: best video of chromatica? girl...that's not saying too much LOL Between the power rangers video and the symbolic art salad video...yes Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MACATL 2,186 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 I enjoy both, but those keyboards in Free Woman and just the overall vibe immediately elevates my mood more than Rain On Me. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JohnnyVersace 9,312 Posted August 15, 2025 Share Posted August 15, 2025 They're actually quite similar in sound. But I love Ari and I think ROM is just slightly better Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,350 Posted August 16, 2025 Share Posted August 16, 2025 16 hours ago, Lord Mayhem said: Between the power rangers video and the symbolic art salad video...yes im not saying you're wrong, im saying that's such a low bar to be the best of Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guille 1,825 Posted August 16, 2025 Share Posted August 16, 2025 On 8/15/2025 at 6:57 AM, Blackout19 said: which song do you like more? these 2 songs are my favorite songs from Gaga, so of course i will not choose this time. Amazing taste tbh I'll go for RoM since Gaga and Ariana had been a dream collab for me for ages Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.