Ladle Ghoulash 55,385 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 3 hours ago, PartySick said: Might as well just giftwrap the white house for Republicans lmao If Harris runs again she has my enthusiastic support but at the same time I'm lowkey tired of the same names over and over again Ngl that’s probably more the case with Harris 2028 lmao. A deeply uninspiring candidate who lost a winnable election and has never (and probably will never) win a primary. If she knew what was good for her reputation, she’d stop running for office. I supported her in 2024 and I’m sure she’d be a decent-good president, but her time has come and gone. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
weed 79,382 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 I'm ready for daddy Newsom to run and destroy these republicans. Hopefully someone good replaces him in CA Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LOVEDRUG 11,350 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 34 minutes ago, REALITY said: Also, look at Zohran. I'm not saying NY is indicative of the US as a whole, but he was a dark horse in the race and ended up winning. I think as Republicans move more and more right, there needs to be an opposing force on the left that equally excites and energizes people. I just don't see a moderate Dem doing that in this political climate. That's part of the problem though. Left-wing candidates like Mamdani have been proven to have a really strong appeal in Democratic primaries, spaces in which only those who are left-of-centre will be voting. On a national (and even state) scale, left-wing candidates are a complete unknown and have no track record when it comes to winning elections. The occasions on which Democrats have won in recent years (Biden, Obama, Clinton), it's been with centre to centre-left candidates with strong moderate appeal. "through all the tears and all the lies, i'm gonna dance until i feel alright" Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,385 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 1 hour ago, PartySick said: I don't think anyone BUT a moderate (by American standards) Dem has a shot. A straight, white man at that. AOC is needed in congress and truly congress is where most of the power lies. Leftists need to run up the numbers there 'cause as long as the president has a D next to their name, a leftist congress will ensure leftist policies get enacted. I just don’t buy the idea that moderation is the key to winning national elections. I personally think people voted for Trump in swing states in 2016-2024 because they viewed him as being a departure from the status quo and most moderate Dems have the stink of the status quo all over them. IMO, economic populism is a much better strategy than staid “moderation.” We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 174,967 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 7 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: I just don’t buy the idea that moderation is the key to winning national elections. I personally think people voted for Trump in swing states in 2016-2024 because they viewed him as being a departure from the status quo and most moderate Dems have the stink of the status quo all over them. IMO, economic populism is a much better strategy than staid “moderation.” It really comes down to your opinion of the American people. Right now, mine has never been lower. Trump passes a trillion dollar+ tax break for the rich for the SECOND TIME in less than a decade and cuts entitlement and welfare programs to pay for some of it and not an eye is batted. Meanwhile, "people deserve to have access to healthcare" is met with a scornful "WeLl WhO's GoNnA pAy FoR iT?!? DoN't RaIsE mY tAxEs!!! GeT a JoB!!!" Americans WANT to be governed by evil billionaires that promise to kidnap brown people, blow up other brown people, and as they cheer, they're left malnourished, diseased, poverty stricken, and at risk of being the next one locked up deep in the swamp and force fed maggots. Truly it took a second Trump term for me to come to grips with the fact that Americans are just sh*tty people and we aren't capable of electing a true progressive to national office here Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,385 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 3 minutes ago, PartySick said: It really comes down to your opinion of the American people. Right now, mine has never been lower. Trump passes a trillion dollar+ tax break for the rich for the SECOND TIME in less than a decade and cuts entitlement and welfare programs to pay for some of it and not an eye is batted. Meanwhile, "people deserve to have access to healthcare" is met with a scornful "WeLl WhO's GoNnA pAy FoR iT?!? DoN't RaIsE mY tAxEs!!! GeT a JoB!!!" Americans WANT to be governed by evil billionaires that promise to kidnap brown people, blow up other brown people, and as they cheer, they're left malnourished, diseased, poverty stricken, and at risk of being the next one locked up deep in the swamp and force fed maggots. Truly it took a second Trump term for me to come to grips with the fact that Americans are just sh*tty people and we aren't capable of electing a true progressive to national office here Honestly, I see where you’re coming from, but I genuinely think based on both polling surrounding people’s perceptions of Trump’s policies and why they voted for Trump pre-election and his collapsing approval rating post-implementation of his policies shows me that a lot of swing voters who voted for him have a distorted view of who Trump is (many thought he could legitimately lower the cost of goods/living, lower the cost of housing etc) so I think most Americans honestly just lack basic object permanence in politics and are generally not well-informed enough to have a coherent ideology (see: Trump winning MO, but MO voting to raise the minimum wage in the same election). That’s part of the reason why I feel like if Dems or Indies can run on economic populist policies with an emphasis on social justice issues as being core American values could be a winning ticket, but I definitely see where you’re coming from. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 174,967 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Honestly, I see where you’re coming from, but I genuinely think based on both polling surrounding people’s perceptions of Trump’s policies and why they voted for Trump pre-election and his collapsing approval rating post-implementation of his policies shows me that a lot of swing voters who voted for him have a distorted view of who Trump is (many thought he could legitimately lower the cost of goods/living, lower the cost of housing etc) so I think most Americans honestly just lack basic object permanence in politics and are generally not well-informed enough to have a coherent ideology (see: Trump winning MO, but MO voting to raise the minimum wage in the same election). That’s part of the reason why I feel like if Dems or Indies can run on economic populist policies with an emphasis on social justice issues as being core American values could be a winning ticket, but I definitely see where you’re coming from. Americans lack basic common sense and the ability to do the simplest of reasoning. Biden's entire presidency was basically spent trying to clean up his mess and just when we were finally getting somewhere we put the idiot back in charge with a new, improved, and widely advertised plan to be Diet Hitler. The dude said immigrants were eating people's pets and still won I just have no hope anymore lmao. Luckily for anyone that disagrees with me, my vote is literally useless. Florida's a red state and my county is even more deeply red than the state is. So I'm really just caterwauling into the wind here. Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 30 minutes ago, PartySick said: It really comes down to your opinion of the American people. Right now, mine has never been lower. Trump passes a trillion dollar+ tax break for the rich for the SECOND TIME in less than a decade and cuts entitlement and welfare programs to pay for some of it and not an eye is batted. Meanwhile, "people deserve to have access to healthcare" is met with a scornful "WeLl WhO's GoNnA pAy FoR iT?!? DoN't RaIsE mY tAxEs!!! GeT a JoB!!!" Americans WANT to be governed by evil billionaires that promise to kidnap brown people, blow up other brown people, and as they cheer, they're left malnourished, diseased, poverty stricken, and at risk of being the next one locked up deep in the swamp and force fed maggots. Truly it took a second Trump term for me to come to grips with the fact that Americans are just sh*tty people and we aren't capable of electing a true progressive to national office here This is where I’m at. A second Trump term was THE final nail in the coffin. I think this country is beyond saving and doesn’t deserve to be saved. People here are despicable morons. I have more hope in local politics for making progressive changes. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pablo 8,709 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 I don't think she should run for president, don't know who will run but you bet 1,000,000 I'm voting for someone who doesn't have an r by their name. Don't visit my profile Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,171 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 7 hours ago, PartySick said: Might as well just giftwrap the white house for Republicans lmao If Harris runs again she has my enthusiastic support but at the same time I'm lowkey tired of the same names over and over again Maybe but one can dream At the very least it would start to normalize more socialized economics in mainstream conversations so even if she lost in 2028 it could make a win like that more plausible down the line Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,171 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 That is a good call from Mamala. Especially with people trying to paint this governor race as some kind of consolation prize for her. It won't be a good look for her. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
phantasmas 12,465 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 she's signed with CAA Talent and just announced a book so of course she doesn't have time to run for any office edit: i kind of find it hilarious when politicians do this because half of the adults in this country cant read above a 6th grade reading level and the other half can't read at all so idk what lessons they expect people to learn from their books Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Petie Estie 5,762 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 she said "for now" and y'all are like PHEW she's not running...?????? lmao. Hopefully she leaves us all alone god I don't want to deal with a campaign involving her ever again. Call your therapist...it's Petie Estie Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roughhouse Dandy 13,949 Posted July 31, 2025 Share Posted July 31, 2025 Her platform before being influenced by Obama and Biden's team was a lot more progressive than the most current one. I think 2024 left a bad taste in people's mouth and I don't think it's the best idea to run again, but if she does I'll definitely hear her out. If she forms a better campaign team I'd be interested her primary run at least. I wonder if she'll go back to her less conservative policy proposals. This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JoeCool 1,099 Posted August 1, 2025 Share Posted August 1, 2025 On 7/30/2025 at 4:18 PM, Economy said: The Democratic party as a whole is such a joke. They are like watered down Republicans who run on Corporate Donors and pertend to represent the ppl but in reality just repair a few things around the edges from the previous republican administration Then theres a few that put all this energy into PC culture and while most of that is fine to a point it alienates the majority of ppl who have no direct stakes in correct terminology in gender or racial politics and just wanna see action in major social class issues to have their lives improved but theres almost none of that in there. No wonder someone like Trump managed to win. This election should have been easy Agree 100%. Sadly the Democrats just can't get out of their own way. A unified party with a semi coherent center-left type message built around the working class I still think would destroy Drumph. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.