Wet Fire 8,375 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 1 minute ago, PartySick said: Can you debate this stuff without making it personal please. That's the one thing I'm gonna take an issue with here. The OP is clearly running a propaganda which I am only pointing out? And you seen to be absolutely fine with it. Go ahead trust what you want lol. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wet Fire 8,375 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 4 minutes ago, Bronco said: One of the targets was a Medical centre according to Western media (which are famously pro-Pakistan and anti-India /s). Targeting civilians will always be wrong. I would never defend that kind of attack even if those civilians sympathize with terrorists. The more interesting issue is terrorist camps don't really have a particular or specific look. Intelligence officials (not just Indian, even the ones which finally found out Laden's hideout) have detailed over the years how absolutely normal-looking spaces have been used as terrorist camps. Places that are intentionally public so that the hideout can be successful. And these centers also have children because such indoctrination does begin at an early age. Tragic, but true according to reports. Now anyone can believe what they want. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CyanDante 6,238 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 2 minutes ago, PartySick said: Omg people I was just wishing ITC well Nothing directed at you . Its just that the misrepresentations of facts touches a nerve. Especially with the alarming turmoil the country is currently in. The facts are out there anyway, people can choose to believe what they want to. I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wet Fire 8,375 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 14 minutes ago, Bambino said: Idk if things will calm soon, but I hope they don't escalate any further. The last thing the world needs is another war and some state massacring another under the pretext of 'self-defence' Stay safe everyone involved! As long as Hamas =/= Palestine and Pakistan =/= terrorists sheltered by Pakistan, it's imperative to sympathize with any one suffering. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
InTheCloset 21,890 Posted May 8, 2025 Author Share Posted May 8, 2025 8 minutes ago, Wet Fire said: The OP is clearly running a propaganda which I am only pointing out? And you seen to be absolutely fine with it. Go ahead trust what you want lol. Im stating what im seeing on the news. from cnn. because tbh i dont even trust our own country's army. people were against it so much so they might have made a deal with india to attack because now everyone is besides them and they are gathering support so much. And to be VERY CLEAR I DO NOT HAVE ANY SYMPATHY FOR TERRORISTS. I dont even trust my own govt and army to begin with #RaidTheCloset Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bambino 24,426 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 4 minutes ago, Wet Fire said: As long as Hamas =/= Palestine and Pakistan =/= terrorists sheltered by Pakistan, it's imperative to sympathize with any one suffering. I'm not informed on the situation in Pakistan and India though I know the two countries have hated each other for years. I'd be willing to read and learn though. In the meantime, I'm hoping things won't escalate between the two nations. Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wet Fire 8,375 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 1 minute ago, InTheCloset said: Im stating what im seeing on the news. from cnn. because tbh i dont even trust our own country's army. people were against it so much so they might have made a deal with india to attack because now everyone is besides them and they are gathering support so much. And to be VERY CLEAR I DO NOT HAVE ANY SYMPATHY FOR TERRORISTS. I dont even trust my own govt and army to begin with I, for one, am very aware of the fact that civilians of BOTH countries have died as a result of the class. While I absolutely abhor Pakistan-sponsored terrorists, I do not and will never uncritically support Indian Gov't steps. However, it's only fair and right to see how and why this whole situation escalated. And how you were denying the Pahalgam attack that took the lives of 28 people had happened is what tells me it's important to believe in facts, not just reply on sentiments. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wet Fire 8,375 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 Just now, Bambino said: I'm not informed on the situation in Pakistan and India though I know the two countries have hated each other for years. I'd be willing to read and learn though. In the meantime, I'm hoping things won't escalate between the two nations. True. Thanks. War is the ugliest thing. And it's high time all countries TRULY realize that in war there's never a winner. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 1 hour ago, PartySick said: Isn't this always the play? "They were terrorists!" They say before sending a missile through some elementary school or something. I mean, I know literally nothing (and I mean absolutely nothing) about the beef between India and Pakistan other than knowing there's tension but I'm always skeptical of cries of terrorism as bombs fly. Anyway, stay safe. You just became a doctor, you've got work to do so make sure you can do it Exactly this. It’s always “terrorism” until it’s their war crime. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ilia Malinin 3,150 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 some of y'all are showing your true colours by attacking ITC for no reason. i'm so sorry this is happening to you, dear. you just had one of the greatest accomplishments ever and to have it overshadowed by this is heartbreaking. you deserve to be able to have peace and stay safe. everyone keeps saying "oh, he's back, he's back!" but the truth is i never left! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
27monster27 16,177 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 I hope this doesn't escalate anymore. Shame on these politicians and associated groups fighting over invisible lines on the ground. If this will escalate to war, I pray that this will at max only be like the Kargil War of 1999 and not like one of the earlier wars, and ESPECIALLY no usage of nuclear weapons. he/him/his Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Walrus 106 Posted May 8, 2025 Share Posted May 8, 2025 Ya'll don't have to be so defensive of your home countries and attack innocent OP because they said something negative about it. They are just stating their fear for an attack. Stop arguing about what India did or what Pakistan did, there are millions of innocent civilians like OP that are in danger right now. Show some sympathy I am the walrus, goo-goo g'joob Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onionring 987 Posted May 9, 2025 Share Posted May 9, 2025 Ok so I think everyone has a right to defend their birthplace especially in troubling times such as these when misinformation could be running rampant and you feel a responsebility to clear it however, you guys are not exactly pointing to the fact that modi's hate rhetoric played a major factor in festering those terrorist factions in Pakistan in the first place and it comes as a natural conclusion that the Pakistani government would harbor militias, now I'm not saying that's ok but again that's not exactly unheard of in any region with conflicts. You guys disowning the current governing party does not erase the damage done by them, they still played a factor in this escalation, pointing ONLY to the fact that Pakistani government was controlling/helping/hiding the militias without mentioning India's actions over the years IS a cop out. Now, I understand this is a very complex conflict dating back decades or more, and I get your frustrations but you guys seem to consume a lot of mainstream Indian media atm and I understand that everyone must be on edge and it's hard to stay impartial when you're very existence could be on the line, i really do get that but just make sure to blame all who are responsible, please, this didn't start because of just one thing, there's definitely a way to showcase your love to your country while holding it accountable. I wish all who are affected peace, I don't how and if this conflict could be resolved but you never know. This is not my battle to fight I just thought you guys were getting too personal with OP without presenting a full argument and that didn't feel alright. Those were my two cents, probably won't respond to any ongoing discussion, again not my fight. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flippy 14,702 Posted May 9, 2025 Share Posted May 9, 2025 I hope you stay safe @InTheCloset Love you icon! TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // CWT 9.8.22 // TMB 7.22.25 & 7.24.25 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zaskar 4,029 Posted May 9, 2025 Share Posted May 9, 2025 Osama was literally found in Pakistan. The country openly shelters terrorists. It’s old news at this point. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.