Economy 53,171 Posted November 27, 2024 Share Posted November 27, 2024 On 11/25/2024 at 2:21 PM, edengowon said: I honestly don't think her presidential chances are as doomed as people think they are. In fact, I think serving as governor would set her up perfectly for a potential run in 2032/2036. Had she run against literally any other Republican this year I think that she would've won, it's just too hard to combat Trump's established populist rhetoric with a campaign cooked up in four months. To me, she's more Nixon than Dukakis. He didn't run a bad campaign in 1960, Kennedy just ran a better one, which is why Nixon got a later shot at the presidency and won it in 1968. Can we stop putting elderly in one of the Nations most important and stressful jobs that also requires perspective (which oldest generations can also loose touch with)? Honestly anyone near or past 70 as a candidate should be heavily scruitinized imo. Though if they pass the scruitiny ok... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LOVEDRUG 11,350 Posted November 27, 2024 Share Posted November 27, 2024 5 minutes ago, Economy said: Can we stop putting elderly in one of the Nations most important and stressful jobs that also requires perspective (which oldest generations can also loose touch with)? Honestly anyone near or past 70 as a candidate should be heavily scruitinized imo. Though if they pass the scruitiny ok... I'm not American, but I'm just being realistic. America heavily favours older candidates, and quite frankly, I don't see any potential candidates who'll break that trend. "through all the tears and all the lies, i'm gonna dance until i feel alright" Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JoeCool 1,100 Posted November 27, 2024 Share Posted November 27, 2024 I think if the Democrats all went in on her or really anyone for that matter in 2028 for President she/they could still do it. Biden beat Trump in 2020 not because everyone thought he was great but the Democratic Party went all in on him since the primaries. Compare that to 2016 or last year. I mean say what you will about Trump but the whole Republican base is behind him. I think his last vocal critic on his side of the fence Mitt Romney retired a few years back. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
phantasmas 12,465 Posted November 27, 2024 Share Posted November 27, 2024 Defund the police & decriminalize homelessness and you have my vote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MACATL 2,184 Posted November 30, 2024 Share Posted November 30, 2024 On 11/25/2024 at 4:27 PM, Ladle Ghoulash said: He’s got zero juice. I genuinely don’t understand the infatuation with him lol Same was said about Biden 2020. I said then he was the one of the bunch that could and would beat Trump. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,385 Posted November 30, 2024 Share Posted November 30, 2024 1 hour ago, MACATL said: Same was said about Biden 2020. I said then he was the one of the bunch that could and would beat Trump. A lot has been said of Biden, but I don’t think lack of charisma has ever been one of the accusations lmao. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bpmMonkey 7,887 Posted November 30, 2024 Share Posted November 30, 2024 21 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: A lot has been said of Biden, but I don’t think lack of charisma has ever been one of the accusations lmao. He also was kinda trade in the 60s ngl saving people, hunting things - the family business Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MACATL 2,184 Posted December 1, 2024 Share Posted December 1, 2024 On 11/30/2024 at 1:31 AM, Ladle Ghoulash said: A lot has been said of Biden, but I don’t think lack of charisma has ever been one of the accusations lmao. You’re joking right? He was FAR from this board’s chosen candidate, and being a basic plain old white guy was probably his #1 “fault.” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,385 Posted December 1, 2024 Share Posted December 1, 2024 14 minutes ago, MACATL said: You’re joking right? He was FAR from this board’s chosen candidate, and being a basic plain old white guy was probably his #1 “fault.” So you realize that A.) this message board isn’t the whole Democratic Party, much less the entire electorate and B.) the critique that Biden is an old moderate has literally nothing to do with charisma. Anyway, to the original point: Kelly has no juice, no stage presence, will not be the nominee in 2028. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.