Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Harris contemplating California governorship


LateToCult

Featured Posts

calmar
33 minutes ago, edengowon said:

I honestly don't think her presidential chances are as doomed as people think they are. In fact, I think serving as governor would set her up perfectly for a potential run in 2032/2036. Had she run against literally any other Republican this year I think that she would've won, it's just too hard to combat Trump's established populist rhetoric with a campaign cooked up in four months.

To me, she's more Nixon than Dukakis. He didn't run a bad campaign in 1960, Kennedy just ran a better one, which is why Nixon got a later shot at the presidency and won it in 1968.

Let's just hope the outcome doesn't end like it did for Nixon either.

tdih-aug08-HD.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=736f8e1

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bronco
33 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

She’s got Nixon’s presidential path on the brain. :icant:

So she's gonna shoot trump?

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, bionic said:

The establishment threw her under the bus. She was their sacrificial lamb

idk I dont feel bad for any politician. I like her and she'll be fine. She saved us from an even bigger republican wipeout and she seems like a good leader so I respect her. The dems are pretty dumb rn with all the fighting making them look weak though. Hopefully they get their **** together quick, do as much damage control as possible,  and put forth an awesome nominee for 2028

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronco
10 minutes ago, calmar said:

wat

Nixons path: 

Loses to Kennedy. 

Republican led intelligence agencies kill JFK. 

Runs against LBJ. 

LBJ pulls out due to poor numbers then dies.

Kennedy brother runs against Nixon.

Kennedy brother gets assassinated. 

Nixon wins against Democratic third choice candidate

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

LateToCult
14 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Nixons path: 

Loses to Kennedy. 

Republican led intelligence agencies kill JFK. 

Runs against LBJ. 

LBJ pulls out due to poor numbers then dies.

Kennedy brother runs against Nixon.

Kennedy brother gets assassinated. 

Nixon wins against Democratic third choice candidate

I was thinking more about:

Be US Senator from California ->

Be Vice President ->

Run for President but lose ->

Be governor of Califirnia ->

Run for president again and win

:deadbanana:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, Louvre said:

she probs shouldn't run for president... I liked her but she lost pretty bad. On the flipside, people now know her a lot better, that was one of her biggest hurdles with the election.

Didn’t really lose that badly. 1.4% popular vote margin, the three swing states she lost in that would’ve decided the election were decided within the margin of error (0.3-1.7% respectively). That being said, I still don’t think she should run in 2028 just because I think her candidacy this time around was more a matter of necessity than anything else and would love to see who else might step forward. 

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronco
16 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Didn’t really lose that badly. 1.4% popular vote margin, the three swing states she lost in that would’ve decided the election were decided within the margin of error (0.3-1.7% respectively). That being said, I still don’t think she should run in 2028 just because I think her candidacy this time around was more a matter of necessity than anything else and would love to see who else might step forward. 

Yeah I think the Democrats need a non-Washington candidate come 2028. 

A Mid-West/Sun Belt State level candidate for President. 

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
6 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Yeah I think the Democrats need a non-Washington candidate come 2028. 

A Mid-West/Sun Belt State level candidate for President. 

Yeah, I think one of the Dems biggest problems atm is that being strictly “pro-institution” without proposing institutional reform feels like a recipe for failure. Having someone that at least feels like an outsider would probably give them the best chance moving forward 

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince
12 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Yeah I think the Democrats need a non-Washington candidate come 2028. 

A Mid-West/Sun Belt State level candidate for President. 

So Andy Beshear, who I wanted as VP lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There will be no elections in 2028. They will not put Trumpists in every single available space in the governement, implement the nazi **** Project 2025, destroy the USA, only to let someone go into office in 4 years and reverse everything.

Project 2025 is too ambitious (in all the worst ways) for them to let a democrat go into office in 4 years. Not happening.

Yep. People still talking about 2028 as if there's just going to be 'an election'. Trump and his grisly crew will be doing absolutely everything they can (and that will not be confined to lawful things), to ensure that the election is rigged in favour of the maga candidate, be that Trump or Vance or whoever. They may fail, but they are a bunch of no-limits criminals, and they have the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court on their side, and they will be trying hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronco
38 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

So Andy Beshear, who I wanted as VP lol. 

44 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Yeah, I think one of the Dems biggest problems atm is that being strictly “pro-institution” without proposing institutional reform feels like a recipe for failure. Having someone that at least feels like an outsider would probably give them the best chance moving forward 

Yeah they really need to tap into the Tim Walz, Andy Beshear, Sherrod Brown, William J Barber II type figures rather than the sleek almost slimey careerists of the coastal Democrats & Washington Democrats

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...