opinion

Gaga's vocals on "Disease"

Kermit the frog

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I looooove the "uah's/whoa's" in between... (like at 0:18)  it sounds like it's from a video game when your avatar jumps and lands somewhere... :billie:

That + there’s also a moan after the “you’re so tortured when you sleep” :stupidoreo:

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

NashvilleGAGA
49 minutes ago, mightyriverz said:

the way she vibrates the "tonight" in the second pre-chorus instantly reminded me of Bowie's singing style + a horror film narrator

definitely her best lead single to date, along with Born This Way and Bad Romance

excited to see how this going to spread throughout time

You beat me to it. If I’m not dancing (been listening on repeat all morning) when that word hits, my body dances. These are WICKED vocals in the best way

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Kermit the frog
53 minutes ago, luxoricious said:

Yes! All those twists in her vocals reminded me so much of Bad romance! We are so used to that song that some may not noticed it anymore, but I love that on her, and I love that she decided to use that style again on Disease.

Seriously, last night I was kind of sad hearing that snippet that leaked on X two hours before and people saying it might be real, and I was "oh no I hate this".

But when the real song started I was "ok this cannot be it". And it wasn't. And then the chorus came and gosh, what a hit it was.

This song is amazing, and it's everything I expected from Gaga to return to her real form.

I'd argue it's the peak of her vocal form, never heard her sing with this force.

• Love 3

Kermit the frog
53 minutes ago, PinkJelly said:

Wait until we get a live performance :giveup:

If she changes up the vocal arrangement like she did for Jimmy Kimmel / Happy Mistake (E.g. recorded version vs live) I will simply pass away. 

Are you saying this could actually be better live like Happy Mistake was? That would be the absolute end of me.

• YAAAS 1

Hydrangea

I love the little hiccups and screams and squeals it reminds me of swine and the btw era and no one can do it as satisfying as she can :wub:

I’m a bad friend
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Kermit the frog
28 minutes ago, The Ew from Judas said:

The vocals go so much harder than I thought they would-was not expecting her to go this hard with it .

sent the song to a friend of mine as soon as it came out and he said “I’m so glad she’s back to making weird noises again” lmao 

Yes, it's the weird noises for me too!

Mother of Puppies
19 hours ago, River said:

I love the ghoulish "tonight" at the second pre chorus  :giveup:

omg this!!! I LOVE IT

THEY CALL ME LADY MOP
  • YAAAS 1

1 minute ago, Mother of Puppies said:

omg this!!! I LOVE IT

the song is gonna be a hit in the bdsm dungeons in berlin :giveup:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • YAAAS 1

CookieHWilson
19 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I looooove the "uah's/whoa's" in between... (like at 0:18)  it sounds like it's from a video game when your avatar jumps and lands somewhere... :billie:

yeah that continuous octave change in the pre chorus is an earworm 

nonsequitur
  • Like 1