opinion

Kylie & Sophie, the queens of British pop

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Bronco
14 minutes ago, robotvoiceinalice said:

Kylie isn't british wtf:koons:   you could have picked Charli XCX, Becky Hill, Ella Henderson, even Adele, or JADE

Except none of these have had the same level of sustained success in the UK charts that Kylie has had. 

Even when Impossible Princess flopped, Kylie was still able to manage to sell out the tour here in the UK in 1997/98. And the tour did so well they were able to finance an Australian extension that wasn't originally planned. Similar with KMO & Golden tours - the arena tours were way more successful in the UK compared to Europe as a whole. She's a force over here.

Kylie has had Madonna level popularity in the UK since the 80s. So I don't think its crazy to say Kylie is a Queen of Pop in the UK. 

• Thanks 1

robotvoiceinalice
9 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Except none of these have had the same level of sustained success in the UK charts that Kylie has had. 

Even when Impossible Princess flopped, Kylie was still able to manage to sell out the tour here in the UK in 1997/98. And the tour did so well they were able to finance an Australian extension that wasn't originally planned. Similar with KMO & Golden tours - the arena tours were way more successful in the UK compared to Europe as a whole. She's a force over here.

Kylie has had Madonna level popularity in the UK since the 80s. So I don't think its crazy to say Kylie is a Queen of Pop in the UK. 

Kylie is not British

Bronco
2 minutes ago, robotvoiceinalice said:

Kylie is not British

Explicitly said in the post you are responding to that Kylie is not British. 

So do you have anything intelligent to offer in response to me discussing Kylie's success in the UK?

Edit- i actually deleted the bit where I said she wasn't British before posting. But I stand by the fact that Kylie's a queen of UK pop given her sustained success in the UK and having outlasted every UK female pop act of her era.

Edited by Bronco

Lucas

Is Tension II good? I'm a huge Kylie fan who knows and love her entire discography but for an unknown reason I couldn't care less about listening to Tension II :ohno:

robotvoiceinalice
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

Explicitly said in the post you are responding to that Kylie is not British. 

So do you have anything intelligent to offer in response to me discussing Kylie's success in the UK?

respond with something worthwhile next time

• LMAO 1

Bronco
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Is Tension II good? I'm a huge Kylie fan who knows and love her entire discography but for an unknown reason I couldn't care less about listening to Tension II :ohno:

Its not her best work. I enjoy it, it feels like a sister to Fever but a bit more fun and with less seriousness. There's a lot more tracks that are sonically similar to Padam, Tension, One More Time than I think Tension 1 has

Bronco
Just now, robotvoiceinalice said:

respond with something worthwhile next time

I did. A full discussion of her success in the UK, which is her largest market. 

Has anyone ever said you're a very rude person? Hope I haven't broken the news to you. 

robotvoiceinalice
Just now, Bronco said:

I did. A full discussion of her success in the UK, which is her largest market. 

Has anyone ever said you're a very rude person? Hope I haven't broken the news to you. 

i wasn't the one to call the other dumb, don't try me with this

robotvoiceinalice

anyways, the point of my original post was the fact that to call someone the Queen of British pop would usually mean that the artist(s) is/are British. so Kylie can't be no matter how much success she's had over in the UK because she isn't British and isn't from the UK.  otherwise Taylor Swift is also a Queen of British pop, like Gaga or Katy or Ariana.

honestly  y'all:madge:

Bronco
10 minutes ago, robotvoiceinalice said:

i wasn't the one to call the other dumb, don't try me with this

No, you just ignored everything I had to say simply because I disagreed with you. 

Real Panda

I thought the Spice Girls were the queens of British Pop. I could be wrong though..

Edited by Real Panda