Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

ARTPOP pre-era explained

GagaGame

Featured Posts

GagaGame

Can anyone tell me most of the things that happened? I'm really interested :vegas:

(If you think you need to make a long text, don't worry, I'll read it cause I'm bored :lana:)

moanster balls thoung

Red

Are you sure? :volantis:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 3

GagaGame
1 minute ago, Red said:

Are you sure? :volantis:

Yes pls I like stories :vegas:

moanster balls thoung

Red
Just now, GagaGame said:

Yes pls I like stories :vegas:

Well…

She did a lot of teasing during the BTWT and Fame promotion, she used to tweet a lot about the album, gave us song titles, lyrics, snippets… then she broke her hip, went dead silent for a month or so and came back with a whole different concept for the album and a lot of drama regarding her ex-manager. 

candydarling
Just now, Red said:

Well…

She did a lot of teasing during the BTWT and Fame promotion, she used to tweet a lot about the album, gave us song titles, lyrics, snippets… then she broke her hip, went dead silent for a month or so and came back with a whole different concept for the album and a lot of drama regarding her ex-manager. 

a month? I could swear it was like 4 months... guess I didn't have much to do back then lol

• Like 2

Red
Just now, candydarling said:

a month? I could swear it was like 4 months... guess I didn't have much to do back then lol

I am not sure. It felt like a whole year given she tweeted like crazy back in the day. 

• Like 2

A Very Gaga Holida
4 minutes ago, Red said:

Well…

I’d like something to this, for context. Cause written like that, it doesn’t sound particularily special for her, but

That was at the start of 2013. Back in the day, Gaga would be spotted and/or would post several times a day EVERY SINGLE DAY with different outfits etc., since 2008, she was always, always, always giving us something to eat. 

Edited by A Very Gaga Holida
  • Like 3

Vengaboy
8 minutes ago, candydarling said:

Same!!! It was at least 6 months in my head. 

God reading about this and remembering everything that went on makes me so nostalgic. It was such a wonderfully mad time. 

Edited by Vengaboy
  • Like 1

GerMonsterNotta

I think “Born This Way Ball” Tour Cancellation (January 2013) will stick with us……

BTW era represented a time of high expectation of Gaga riding from TFM success, brimming with creativity, a key message and vision to deliver BTW in a surreal artistic fantasy religious-tinged rock-tinged spectacle… all this creative magic but also the constrast of the  pain from betrayal, Madonna nonsense, media enslaught, and the loneliness of being on tour I feel like got to her…. The party girl, high cannabis era, brunette aloof FAME perfume persona, I think even she didn’t know what was real or not anymore… all masking physical and emotional pain, but STILL living for the fans - living for the applause, ARTPOP song writing laced with the chaos in her mind….

Gaga’s Born This Way Ball tour, which began in 2012, was cut short in February 2013 due to a hip injury (a labral tear), forcing her to cancel the remaining dates. This setback kept her out of the spotlight for several months while she recovered, creating a period of silence before her next major move…..

ARTPOP came and it had dance bops, us fans loved it, but the world wasn’t ready to digest this artistic chaotic piece of work.. Music landscape was also changing. Hence the journey through reinvention…. 10 years of personal healing, career nurturing, further talent crafting, to fully get to the reborn Gaga we have today 

Edited by GerMonsterNotta
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Anderson123

The week Born This Way came out Gaga told DJWS “the next one is called ARTPOP lets go” and the rest is history. :legend:

Also check Background on the album wikipedia. 

killme89

I remember when she posted the “we could we could belong together” and people made a bunch of random melodies with those lyrics lol 

Also remember her posting a photo of a pair of lips with a pill in between with the words ARTPOP on it lol 

RAMROD

428364_10151193820751080_821615659_n11.j

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 5

GerMonsterNotta

songs that give us insight into how she was feeling during that time: 

‘Livin on the Radio’ and ‘Princess Die’ existential melancholic crisis….

‘STACHE’ ….. drugs and fame being her solution to combat pain…..

Looking back I believe we are not only extremely lucky Gaga could rise again after this state…. But we are lucky that she is ALIVE and well today…. And I think we owe this to her sister, mum, Tony, Elton John etc. other friends/family that helped her

Edited by GerMonsterNotta
  • Love 1