Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Spotify Rolls Out Music Video (beta) To More Countries

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Earlier this year, Spotify introduced music videos in beta, giving Premium subscribers in 12 markets another way to connect with the songs and artists they love. Today we are starting to roll out that offering across 85 additional markets, giving even more Premium subscribers the opportunity to dive into the visual worlds of artists like Charli xcx, LISA, Fontaines D.C., Nick Ward, Anirudh Ravichander, and Fireboy DML. 

Music videos are a powerful way to build connections between artists and fans. In fact, users who discover a song and then watch the music video on Spotify are 34% more likely on average to stream the song again the following week.* And on average, songs discovered with music videos are 24% more likely to be saved or shared in the following week by those who watched. 

Music videos help immerse fans in the experience—whether they’re listening to a new song or revisiting an old favorite. As part of this expansion, Spotify is also adding new features to make the music videos in beta experience even better. These include:

Fans can easily find and discover new music videos to watch (on mobile and desktop) with video indicators on tracks.

Users can also more easily find the music video they’re looking for alongside its related track by typing the track or artist into search.

In addition, users will now have the option to seamlessly switch between music tracks and videos with a single tap of a button (on mobile and desktop).

Want to give it a try? Here’s how it works:

If you’re a Premium subscriber in one of our 97 beta markets, open Spotify on your iOS, Android, desktop, or TV device and tap the “Switch to video” button for music tracks with video. 

The music video will start playing within the Now Playing view, picking up right where you left off.

If you want to return to background listening, simply press “Switch to audio” to head back to the music track.

You can even watch the music video in full screen by turning your mobile device to watch in landscape mode.

The beta version of music videos on Spotify is starting to roll out in new markets today with a limited catalog of music videos — and will continue rolling out over the next few weeks. 

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2024-10-15/music-videos-in-beta-brings-an-improved-viewing-experience-to-new-markets/

Initial countries where this feature available: U.K., Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Brazil, Colombia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Kenya. 

Added countries: TBA

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Red

g0rl this should have been a 1.0 feature

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

RAMROD
20 minutes ago, Red said:

g0rl this should have been a 1.0 feature

Have you been trying it, since you'r eon initial countries list :enigma:

Red
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Have you been trying it, since you'r eon initial countries list :enigma:

No, I’m an Apple Music user

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Red said:

No, I’m an Apple Music user

Ooop :ororomunroe:

robboadam
22 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ooop :ororomunroe:

I think they mean that we’ve had this feature on Apple Music since 2015, it’s not a big deal.

darkgaga

Well it is not great yet. Tried it a few weeks ago for some Gaga songs, and BR gave the Behind the screens vid, MTN was the a very Gaga Thanksgiving performance, some songs like Judas and ROM werent on there. So yeah. Its weird

River

lol they should prioritize on bringing a superior quality first, then other gimmicks that nobody asked for

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

Bronco

No one watches music videos anymore

Why try it now, seems like a waste of resources