Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

Joker: FAD projected to lose up to $200M

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

I would argue it will lose even more as it needs $450-500M to BREAK EVEN. More so $500M. 

It might barely crack $200M. 

Roughhouse Dandy

The last thing the world needs is another "FAD is flopping" thread...

But that's too bad. :sis:

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • LMAO 2

mamo

Flop after flop after flop! 

When I think about it, I really don't understand why Gaga decided to take on this role at all. The character of Lee was so poorly written and two dimensional even though her performance was great. I truly hope she picks better roles/scripts/directors in the future because she truly does not deserve to be associated with this mess at all! Literally the only good thing to come out of this for her was Harlequin. As a fan it truly sucks to see Gaga's potential being wasted when we ALL know what she's capable of. It's time for her to star in her own film where she's the sole lead and also a script that preferably doesn't involve another man. 

Also the marketing for this film was absolutely abysmal. They should NOT have premiered at Venice so early on because the negative reviews and reactions really hurt its overall box office performance. Word of mouth is REAL especially for a film like this. Had it just been released worldwide on October 4th, I'm pretty sure the box-office would have performed a lot better. Warner Bros and Todd Phillips truly fumbled the bag and messed with this film's potential completely. 

And don't get me started on Todd Phillips...talk about being your own worst enemy. 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Morphine Prince changed the title to Joker: FAD projected to lose up to $200M
Mister G

I already forgot about this movie. It's time to move on. JFAD did what it did; which wasn't much for many but it is what it is because the writing is what it is. Doesn't matter anymore; Gaga we love you and that's all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ashley
27 minutes ago, mamo said:

Flop after flop after flop! 

When I think about it, I really don't understand why Gaga decided to take on this role at all. The character of Lee was so poorly written and two dimensional even though her performance was great. I truly hope she picks better roles/scripts/directors in the future because she truly does not deserve to be associated with this mess at all! Literally the only good thing to come out of this for her was Harlequin. As a fan it truly sucks to see Gaga's potential being wasted when we ALL know what she's capable of. It's time for her to star in her own film where she's the sole lead and also a script that preferably doesn't involve another man. 

Also the marketing for this film was absolutely abysmal. They should NOT have premiered at Venice so early on because the negative reviews and reactions really hurt its overall box office performance. Word of mouth is REAL especially for a film like this. Had it just been released worldwide on October 4th, I'm pretty sure the box-office would have performed a lot better. Warner Bros and Todd Phillips truly fumbled the bag and messed with this film's potential completely. 

And don't get me started on Todd Phillips...talk about being your own worst enemy. 

According to Todd the script wasn’t finished when she signed on. Even if it were, he rewrote it several times during filming. Honestly can't really blame her because after the success of the first film, I don’t think anyone could have foreseen this coming. :shrug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MessyTop

It’s ok! Nobody will remember the movie next week or that Gaga was in it. Old news, let’s wait for LG7, stream ARTPOP

• Like 1

SpadesToStart
45 minutes ago, mamo said:

When I think about it, I really don't understand why Gaga decided to take on this role at all. The character of Lee was so poorly written and two dimensional even though her performance was great. I truly hope she picks better roles/scripts/directors in the future because she truly does not deserve to be associated with this mess at all!

I read that Gaga signed on before the script was complete. That’s still ultimately on her, but between not being able to see the finished script, many scenes being reworked on the day of filming, and the pile of Lee stuff that was left on the cutting room floor, it’s clear she probably didn’t get what she originally hoped out of the project. It’s definitely a lesson for her to take forward into her acting career.

But hell, the mere concept of a Joker+Harley musical that’s also a sequel to a film that made $1B and won Oscars would probably be enough to get me to sign on at an early stage too if I were her :shrug:

Edited by SpadesToStart
  • Like 4

Ivy
48 minutes ago, mamo said:

When I think about it, I really don't understand why Gaga decided to take on this role at all

I can imagine that she really believes in the message behind it, and she said in one interview about how she liked that Todd was taking a risk, maybe she just didn't imagine it this bad of a reaction :alsemanche:

• Like 1

mamo
6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

According to Todd the script wasn’t finished when she signed on. Even if it were, he rewrote it several times during filming. Honestly can't really blame her because after the success of the first film, I don’t think anyone could have foreseen this coming. :shrug:

This is the exact problem. 

Signing on when the script isn't finished is a HUGE gamble. I truly believe Gaga thought she'd have a more substantial role at hand but they completely f*cked her over in the edit. I actually feel so bad for her because no-one protected her from this absolute ****-show. She needs to work with people who know how to write/direct complex female characters because Lee was so poorly mishandled imo.

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 2

King of the Fall

She needs to pick better roles in the future. Todd is pretty famous for directing bad sequels