💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Why the basic white girlie songwriter type gaining traction rn?

waterfall

Featured Posts

waterfall

I been noticing that trend lately and just curious in what the white girlies seeing in them and why they been on a rise? 

and most the type the songwriting ain’t it. Like I read some and it’s giving elementary school diary entries. and the voices don’t really make me feel anything… even sometimes they singing like their nose stuffed

I been trying to get into to Gracie abrams lately cuz she been on the rise. My roommate went to see her live a few days ago and i seen the genz hype her up. but I don’t get why cuz she is very very ordinary girl. Nothing there that stands out. 

What has taylor done to the industry smh with the singer songwriter indie girl voice thing and endorsing these blands. I’m tired but now looking back at least taylor switches things up ig every few years. 

gumzy3000

I can't speak for all white female singers but for Taylor Swift, she writes relatable lyrics. She has a broad range so she is able to balance a mix of serious gems for acclaim, and also simple and catchy singles for the charts. 

I think her biggest advantage is that her lyrics have always reflected her life. Fearless was written in 2007 when she was in high school, and then 1989 got released in 2014 when she moved NYC and went fully into pop. People literally grew up with her and related to her different life stages along the way.

Her influence is huge so I can see why others are copying her style. I don't see how it's basic though. I think she is one of the best songwriters of this generation. 

trolly troll troll
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Roughhouse Dandy

Poor quality of life. When people get settled into a bad situation (inflation, price gouging, distribution of wealth inequality, etc.) and they get tired of spectacle, they get resentful of polish and unattainable aesthetic and reach for relatability. 

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

edengowon

Eh, honestly I think you'd be hard pressed to find another of these white singer-songwriter types with even half of the songwriting talent Taylor has, and that's part of the problem in my opinion. Taylor's undeniably a great songwriter, and even aside from the relatability, knows how to write a great pop song. The issue is that a lot of these newer girls do not have the same songwriting spark, and as such seem to think that Taylor's shtick is just 'singing songs about emotions in a conversational voice' and as such really don't hit the same way.

None of these girls have songs like Style, or Cruel Summer, or Love Story. Sure Taylor sings well with a guitar, but the big pop anthems are just as much a part of her brand. And I don't think the vast majority of girls trying to emulate her seem to understand that 90% of the appeal is the well-written songs. 

the artist formerly known as melancholia
  • Like 1