Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Starlight Talks About Gaga, Shades Bieber & Rihanna

ARTPOPIST86

Featured Posts

Though it was the interviewer who brought up Rihanna and Justin Bieber, I find the comparisons unnecessary. And to be fair, Rihanna did write some of her music material, particularly in her 2009 effort, Rated R. And not so hands-own in their image? Does she work with Island Def Jam to know that? I love Starlight as a loyal friend of Gaga, but there's really no need to say who's a real artist from not.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as bad as I expected it to be. She handles things fairly intelligently.

3 points in and ready for more

Economy

Possibly to avoid bad publicity.

thats what i was thinking. she probably wants to say things but knows she better now... plus i would ruin her reputation of neutrality in many celebrity matters

why the **** would she? she lives off her own hustle :coffee:

I can understand being the bigger person, but she needs to speak out more in my opinion.

Economy

anyway is the Globe and Mail even that reliable? i never read that ****

but if it was an interview i guess it must be

I can understand being the bigger person, but she needs to speak out more in my opinion.

read my post before u

Though it was the interviewer who brought up Rihanna and Justin Bieber, I find the comparisons unnecessary. And to be fair, Rihanna did write some of her music material, particularly in her 2009 effort, Rated R. And not so hands-own in their image? Does she work with Island Def Jam to know that? I love Starlight as a loyal friend of Gaga, but there's really no need to say who's a real artist from not.

From what I know (not sure if fact), I feel like Rihanna isn't as in control now as she was with Rated R. As far as I know, Rated R actually had writing effort put in by Rihanna, whereas Loud, Talk That Talk, and Unapologetic do not (I'm sure she still had creative input).

Maybe she doesn't have complete creative control, but I'm sure she's not puppeteered. I hope.

3 points in and ready for more

thats what i was thinking. she probably wants to say things but knows she better now... plus i would ruin her reputation of neutrality in many celebrity matters

Let's be honest though, she doesn't have the greatest reputation among a long of the general public.

Ambrosia

It's so great how she trusts Starlight so much to let her speak about her in interviews. LS has does this more than once. I love how loyal she is.

But, I agree, no need to bring up other artists. Everyone is different and has something to bring to the table. I like Rihanna's music, whether she wrote it or not. I don't compare her to anyone.

I haven't found a song I like by Bieber yet and I'm not entirely unhappy about that. :troll:

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

From what I know (not sure if fact), I feel like Rihanna isn't as in control now as she was with Rated R. As far as I know, Rated R actually had writing effort put in by Rihanna, whereas Loud, Talk That Talk, and Unapologetic do not (I'm sure she still had creative input).

Maybe she doesn't have complete creative control, but I'm sure she's not puppeteered. I hope.

Agreed. She does not heavily contribute to the songwriting process for the past albums or so as her label is seemed focus to generate hits as many as possible, hence not arguably allowing her enough time to actually write her own material. But when Starlight said that they, implying Rihanna and JB, do not write their music, it somehow misleads the fact that Rihanna actually did.

BellaDonnaDiana

I feel like Starlight would be so cool to hang with...

read your booklet notes... Talk That Talk and Unapologetic has some songs written with her.... but not the complete album no...

"She’s pop, but, in a way, she’s more like a rock-and-roll act." :legend:

Lady Starlight is always speaking so much truth.

This.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived