Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Monster Pep Talk: Stop Worrying About J:FAD

Cameltoe Chariot

Featured Posts

Cameltoe Chariot

Hello Liddos :cheeky:

Now that J:FAD is out and the dust has settled, I figured it was a good time to give y'all a pep talk from the perspective of a geriatric day one monster :alsemanche:

For a lot of you it's likely upsetting to see the movie perform so poorly, but trust me when I say this: Gaga's been through worse. Yet again we have a blockbuster film that based all of it's marketing on Gaga, including fully cut scenes used in both trailers and posters - just like House of Gucci. Gar showed up, did her job, got paid and then clearly made supplemental material (Harlequin) after she saw that final cut to help soften the blow to her fans. I'm absolutely positive that the big takeaway from this experience for both Gaga and her team is that she needs a true solo role in her next film, and likely a female or queer director as well. She'll get that Oscar eventually.

If anything we should be applauding her efforts and be proud that our fave cares that much about her creative output. Instead of calling Todd out on his terrible script/edit, she just added more to the pot to make sure we saw the essence of Lee that she worked so hard on realizing. As usual she's navigated this like a class act and will likely move past this completely unscathed.

I have lived through Penis Gate, Perez Hilton, Hip Gate, ARTPOP, Swine Puke Fest... we've been in the trenches for SO MUCH WORSE than an underperforming film where the only universally praised aspect is Gaga's acting. Trust me - she's gonna be fine :laughga:

All that being said, we're officially on the eve of potentially her greatest solo release of her career. Now is the time to hype up and get excited about where we're going, and not waste any more energy on Todd Phillips' creative failure. We've all been waiting for this album for so long, so perhaps it's time to shift gears as a fandom and start hyping everyone up for this. Let's get to work, f-words (and f-word adjacents!) :lolly:

ARE WE CLEAR? :patrizia:

lady-gaga-gagadelrey.gif

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 7

Cameltoe Chariot
3 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

You better straighten these  🚬 out! :iamfair:

It's been my full-time job since 2011

tumblr-36cb83bad48e1093de5a83d79c4c0d25-7fc5809e-540.webp

• Thanks 1

Red

Do we really need a new thread for this every day? Are we really that bothered? :traumatica:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Thanks 2

princedeeblebleble
4 minutes ago, Red said:

Do we really need a new thread for this every day? Are we really that bothered? :traumatica:

Well some people are so paranoid they'd rather see her postpone the single because of stupid bs outta her and our control. 

• Thanks 3

Cameltoe Chariot
8 minutes ago, Red said:

Have you looked at this site today sis? :alsemanche:

NATAH
36 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

You better straighten these  🚬 out! :iamfair:

god i wish he would straighten me out

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1

Cameltoe Chariot
11 minutes ago, NATAH said:

god i wish he would straighten me out

on my way!

284cd5a2734478fd5164f0f8cce85cef-w200.gi

• Shook 1

Hydrangea

I unironically loved swine puke fest I did a whole photography unit inspired by it forn uni where I had models spitting out coloured milk. But yeah living through penis gate and Perez Hilton was a wild time

I’m a bad friend
  • Love 1

princedeeblebleble
5 minutes ago, Hydrangea said:

I unironically loved swine puke fest I did a whole photography unit inspired by it forn uni where I had models spitting out coloured milk. But yeah living through penis gate and Perez Hilton was a wild time

What was the Perez drama again? I just remember them being super close and then nada 👀

jimmytimestep
1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I have lived through Penis Gate, Perez Hilton, Hip Gate, ARTPOP, Swine Puke Fest... 

Not all of these triggers

Hip Gate was really quite awful i gotta say

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, princedeeblebleble said:

What was the Perez drama again? I just remember them being super close and then nada 👀

He got a reality show that was based on this premise that he'd hang out and kiki with mega stars and you'd get a extremely raw and unfiltered interview. He booked Gaga for the first episode (NATURALLY) and then wouldn't stop asking inappropriate questions he had already agreed to not ask during filming to the point where Gaga's team cut the interview short. I can't remember what exactly he was pressing her about, but I think it might've been Luc Carl, her ex-boyfriend at the time?

Anyway Perez still went ahead with the episode with the awkward stuff cut out, but after that Gaga distanced herself from him and Perez began his campaign against her. He spent over a year afterward trying to convince everyone that ARTPOP was a colossal failure, going as far as posting fake empty arena photos from tour dates.

It all culminated in him looking at apartments in the same building as her in NYC while fulling knowing she lived there, and she tweeted telling him to f*ck off. It basically ended there, but Perez was AWFUL to her and one of Gaga's hard first lessons in fame suckers.

Cameltoe Chariot
2 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

Not all of these triggers

Hip Gate was really quite awful i gotta say

Open the spoiler for a jumpscare... if you dare! :cheeky:

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

:brat:

• LMAO 1

tyler k
1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I have lived through Penis Gate, Perez Hilton, Hip Gate, ARTPOP, Swine Puke Fest... we've been in the trenches for SO MUCH WORSE than an underperforming film where the only universally praised aspect is Gaga's acting. Trust me - she's gonna be fine :laughga:

THIS. you can tell there's a LOT of new fans this pre-era (which is amazing!) just based on the response. like if yall thought this is bad, you wouldn't have survived 2010-2014 :messga:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • LMAO 1