Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Do Not Stress About Joker 2 Impact On LG7 Lead

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

I see a lot of stressing over impact of Joker 2 so let me give my 2 cents and try to calm yall nerves :toofunny:

First of all let me be clear, I do not believe the impact of so much negative press is going to be absolutely 0. Unfortunately that much negativity tied to your name is bound to turn off at least a few people, especially anyone that hated Gagas singing in the movie and blames her for the disaster this movie turned out to be.

However, I do think the negative impact will be smaller and more modest than some of you are thinking.

#1 The movie flopping hard just means far fewer people are seeing it than expected. Ppl that didnt actually see it are less likely to have a lasting impression from Gaga as they are not discussing this 24/7 like we fans are. They will forget about it super quick.

#2 True those that actually go to see the movie will have a longer lasting impact. But most young male fans of DC are not Gaga supporters anyway and Gaga fans who also viewed it are not gonna stop supporting Gaga over this

#3 Not everyone who is sh*tting on the movie is sh*tting on Gaga. Many ppl are intelligent enough to understand she was not the problem. So only a portion of the hate is specifically to Gaga, some of it is but not all

The biggest bummer is this movie will not create a super hype around Gagas name before LG7 era that we hoped for. It will be closer to neutral instead (but slightly negative)

Im not saying there will be no impact. If u read my comments so far ud realize im not in the camp that thinks theres no harm done. I just dont think the harm is in as large of a grand scale as some fans are making it out to be

That said id definitely think it be smart to hold off on LG7 lead at least a couple weeks. If she was gonna surprise us this Friday or something maybe wait till later in the month

Edited by Economy
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 2

Mister G
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

I see a lot of stressing over impact of Joker 2 so let me give my 2 cents and try to calm yall nerves :toofunny:

First of all let me be clear, I do not believe the impact of so much negative press is going to be absolutely 0. Unfortunately that much negativity tied to your name is bound to turn off at least a few people, especially anyone that hated Gagas singing in the movie and blames her for the disaster this movie turned out to be.

However, I do think the negative impact will be smaller and more modest than some of you are thinking.

#1 The movie flopping hard just means far fewer people are seeing it than expected. Ppl that didnt actually see it are less likely to have a lasting impression from Gaga as they are not discussing this 24/7 like we fans are. They will forget about it super quick.

#2 True those that actually go to see the movie will have a longer lasting impact. But most young male fans of DC are not Gaga supporters anyway and Gaga fans who also viewed it are not gonna stop supporting Gaga over this

#3 Not everyone who is sh*tting on the movie is sh*tting on Gaga. Many ppl are intelligent enough to understand she was not the problem. So only a portion of the hate is specifically to Gaga, some of it is but not all

The biggest bummer is this movie will not create a super hype around Gagas name before LG7 era that we hoped for. It will be closer to neutral instead (but slightly negative)

Im not saying there will be no impact. If u read my comments so far ud realize im not in the camp that thinks theres no harm done. I just dont think the harm is in as large of a grand scale as some fans are making it out to be

That said id definitely think it be smart to hold off on LG7 lead at least a couple weeks. If she was gonna surprise us this Friday or something maybe wait till later in the month

The characters on this site that have spent the last 48 hours freaking out over the negativity need to read this. People are behaving as if this woman is invincible. She isn't, but that doesn't mean one bad movie is the end. Not to bring her up, but Madonna for decades has been panned as a terrible actress. Yet the reigning queen of pop for 40+ years remains unbothered. Where I disagree is that I honestly don't know or recall if this movie was meant to really generate buzz for LG7? Only saying that because that buzz started at the end of The Chromatica Ball Film. 

In any case at least one person here is saying what needs to be said (aka your post). I highly suggest anyone who is still stressing over this movie's press and success (or lack thereof really) log off, take a deep breath, maybe go for a walk and just stop talking about it. 

• Love 1

Economy
1 minute ago, Mister G said:

The characters on this site that have spent the last 48 hours freaking out over the negativity need to read this. People are behaving as if this woman is invincible. She isn't, but that doesn't mean one bad movie is the end. Not to bring her up, but Madonna for decades has been panned as a terrible actress. Yet the reigning queen of pop for 40+ years remains unbothered. Where I disagree is that I honestly don't know or recall if this movie was meant to really generate buzz for LG7? Only saying that because that buzz started at the end of The Chromatica Ball Film. 

In any case at least one person here is saying what needs to be said (aka your post). I highly suggest anyone who is still stressing over this movie's press and success (or lack thereof really) log off, take a deep breath, maybe go for a walk and just stop talking about it. 

Gaga and her team never said it was so we dont know.

But i mean many of us hoped it would cause hype around her name considering it is right before LG7 era

So i guess it wont have that positive impact we hoped for. But it wont be totally disasterous either

Ashley

You make a great point I hadn’t thought of, the people bombarding her posts with hate comments aren’t her target audience anyway.

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

Harry Kat

She will be more than fine! People hating her are straight DC fans in majority , who are not into Gaga's music anyway! It's not like these people would stream her music even if the movie was a success! Maybe even some of them will click to hear her new song only for them to drag it, so extra streams lol !

GP doesn't care about a movie/song/album flopping ! If the song is a bop + it has great promo, radio deal, killer visuals etc. it will be a hit !

Edited by Harry Kat
  • Like 6

lance13

I believe that an artist reaches a certain point where they stop making music to please the masses and just make "art". That's not to say that they don't want it to be positively received, but they care less about critics, numbers, awards, etc. Very few artists are able to reach this point, but I honestly feel like Gaga is there. Others in that group would include Madonna, Beyonce, Cher, Mariah, etc. It all of a sudden becomes about the art instead of the success. Gaga will not be hurt by this negatively, at all. I'm still standing by the fact that I LOVED the movie. 😆 No amount of negativity will change my mind. LG7 will be GRAND and unscathed. 

• Like 2

moonsago

Idk but the fact that Die With A Smile didn’t suddently fall off because of the movie kinda proves that most people don’t care and the ones that do weren’t going to stream LG7 either way. I actually think we’re lucky that we have DWAS right now to ease the landing, idk if Gaga knew something was off with the movie so she decided to push all these projects at the same time to ‘distract’ or it’s just a coincidence but THANK GOD, DWAS & Harlequin were genius ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

PartySick

I still don't understand the hate the movie's getting :rip: even here :rip:

I wanna go see it again before the hurricane tears the theater down :bear:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

thatfoxyfeeling

Honestly it makes the rollout for the lead single even more exciting, they can do so much with this 'negative' publicity. It's Gaga, she's a controversial artist - utilise this to get the haters interested in LG7. 

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Siena

Gaga became the 5th artist to surpass 100m on Spotify and DWAS is still no 1…even despite all of this, so she’ll be more than fine. Also the dumb comic book fans trashing her weren’t going to listen to LG7 anyways lol 

I’d recommend everyone just stay off Twitter for the time being if they’re actually feeling affected by the backlash. It’s really just isolated there, even on TikTok I’m seeing all of these think pieces praising the film lol also in real life no one really cares or knows how a movie is being received. I saw the film w my friend and sister, neither of which were aware of any backlash. They went into the film blind and left enjoying it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mister G
7 minutes ago, Siena said:

Gaga became the 5th artist to surpass 100m on Spotify and DWAS is still no 1…even despite all of this, so she’ll be more than fine. Also the dumb comic book fans trashing her weren’t going to listen to LG7 anyways lol 

I’d recommend everyone just stay off Twitter for the time being if they’re actually feeling affected by the backlash. It’s really just isolated there, even on TikTok I’m seeing all of these think pieces praising the film lol also in real life no one really cares or knows how a movie is being received. I saw the film w my friend and sister, neither of which were aware of any backlash. They went into the film blind and left enjoying it. 

That's how my boyfriend felt. He thought it was great. It wasn't for everyone and I struggled connecting with certain parts and that's okay. This is really not as terrible as some people having over-exaggerated it to be. Twitter will always be a cesspool of trolls and incels that are too busy hiding behind a keyboard.

• Like 1

Catnikko

I'm not stressed

Ive been avoiding reading threads etc about it because the dramatics here are so extra :air: 

Dance in the shadow of the meow

HotLikeMexico

I don’t know why people care so much. Gaga doesn’t pay my bills nor yours. I’m not invested whether or not if someone likes her latest acting stint or not. If your life’s worth is so consumed about a pop star’s success, then you need to do some reflecting. 

Edited by HotLikeMexico