Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
achievement

Harlequin Debuts at #20 on Billboard 200

johnmonster

Featured Posts

rafaelgherardi

When Harlequin was released, it was compared to Bewitched by Laufey (never had heard of her) because the latest had been the biggest debut of a jazz album on Spotify and then Gaga's release broke this record.

Her album peaked at #18 on Billboard 200, so this means we cannot compare LG6.5 to LFS or CTC that went #8 and #1 respectively because it's very clear that the interest on jazz music is decreasing year after year.

Can't say about pre-orders and physicals copies of Laufey's album, but maybe she had those and that's why she peaked a bit higher than Gaga.

I guess Harlequin got a high debut on streams because people didn't know it was jazz and then some people lost interest in it over time, and that made it debut lower than expected... Now only the fans who are into jazz (the minority I'd say) listen to it basically.

Edited by rafaelgherardi
typo

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, Erich Johnson said:

143 jokes karma :vegas:

Two vinyls and 1 CD on her store for a Jazz album with 11 covers and 2 original songs vs a comeback pop album with 7 vinyls variants, 3 CDs and a casette only for it to sell 12k more than Harlequin  :brat:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 3

NATAH
5 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Two vinyls and 1 CD on her store for a Jazz album with 11 covers and 2 original songs vs a comeback pop album with 7 vinyls variants, 3 CDs and a casette only for it to sell 12k more than Harlequin  :brat:

plus a VMAs medley performance after winning the vanguard award with 3 singles and 3 videos :icant:

mother, what must i do?

Erich Johnson
1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

A blockbuster exposure :kiss:

• LMAO 1

Luffy

Why are we sugarcoating it by saying it was a surprise release? folklore? BEYONCÈ? Someone of Gaga’s caliber should be able to debut Top 5 EASILY. It’s worrying, it kinda annoys me that the whole world is streaming DWAS, and yet the new album isn’t doing as good as it should. You have to admit, going from 1.1M opening to 25K in the span of 13 years is alarming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vitoburrrito

I’m actually surprised it’s this low, I have non-Gaga fan friends telling me how they like the album. I would have thought it would chart higher than L4S. 

I think it’s a great album and I hope Gaga is proud of it

Mr S
3 hours ago, Luffy said:

Why are we sugarcoating it by saying it was a surprise release? folklore? BEYONCÈ? Someone of Gaga’s caliber should be able to debut Top 5 EASILY. It’s worrying, it kinda annoys me that the whole world is streaming DWAS, and yet the new album isn’t doing as good as it should. You have to admit, going from 1.1M opening to 25K in the span of 13 years is alarming.

Well the fanbase has dwindled and her music doesn't always hit the GP

ALGAYDO

It’s because I’ve been streaming The Joker, Happy Mistake and Close To You non-stop :enigma:

Mr Oak

Modded Spotify versions are down these past few weeks, I'm sure the album took a hit because of that:bradley: