Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
news

Harlequin debuts at #3 on Billboard's Top Album Sales & Vinyl Albums

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Mister G
17 minutes ago, Cortezz said:

You are not taking this seriously enough

Actually, we are but you're specifically contributing to the over-dramatization of any and every aspect associated with Harlequin and JFAD. No one on here is losing sleep over what some other fanbases are ranting about on Twitter calling this all types of flops. If you want to make this your entire personality go right ahead but some of us aren't interested in dwelling on some fantasy doom and gloom scenario where literally every critical review with credibility has praised her performance in the movie and calling her the highlight of the movie. 

Since you seem to be such an expert on all things hurting her career, why don't you give everyone on here a full breakdown and analysis on how this is actively hurting career? I'll stop you right there because you can't. You are coming on here getting other people riled up over a few salty comments you read on Twitter and acting as if that is the collective norm and shared opinion of the broader fanbase. It's not and most of us don't care enough to worry about nonsense like this because as I said elsewhere...Beyonce, Taylor Swift, and Dua Lipa and plenty more of her peers have been in plenty of films where there might be a full ensemble of A-List actors present and the movie still tanked commercially and critically yet they seem to be just fine.

What your comments only do is exasperate the common fact that ya'll will dig around for any and every reason to hate on this woman.

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Cortezz
10 minutes ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

Who's "we", gurl, IDGAF what stan twitter is saying :laughga:. Yes, a lot of people are dragging her on social media, whatever, in two months nobody will remember. 

We got new music coming, I'm focused on that, I don't care how straight men are feeling about a franchise I never even liked in the first place :queenga:.

It’s not only social media. There are headlines attaching Gaga’s name to this flop. In real life I also listened to people dragging her and they aren’t part of stan culture

NATAH
7 minutes ago, Cortezz said:

We’re on a forum about Gaga. Of course we care about Gaga’s career and charts. Dah!

girl... she's going to be fine... you're delusional if you think her career is on thin ice because a jazz cover side record didn't smash

you'd had a point of this was LG7 but you really have to relax

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 4

chathonnete

It's a solo jazz concept album with only 2 original songs about a caracter. It's really well made, but I'm not surprised it's not doing so well. If the movie was well-received it would chart higher. However in this case neither the GP (who is disappointed with Joker) neither her fans (who for 80% don't listen to Jazz), stream it, and it's ok ! It's a great piece.

Monster647
1 hour ago, Hyperobject said:

I wish Interscope did more to secure a better debut for this record, it deserves more recognition, truly underrated by both the GP and this fanbase 

Imo, they should not have published this as anything other than Joker 2 soundtrack tbh. 

Covering American Songbook classics had a meaning when it was performed alongside the legendary Tony Bennett. It was a throwback act. An homage. 

Gaga is not a Jazz act. I’d be more tolerant if she was appealing to tastemakers who follow modern Jazz. Even that would be quite futile because tastemakers hardly care about modern Jazz, it’s not a lively scene either.

Edited by Monster647
  • Like 1

chathonnete

It's a great album but I'm not surprised it's not doing well. 

I'm worried the movie might have a negative impact on LG7 lead, I even think she should push the release to November, so that people separate her new single from the movie. 

She did a wonderful promo, and I was so happy to see her happy, but I think for her "safety" in term of LG7 lead, she needs to take a tiny break from the movie for 3-4 weeks. :heart:

• Thanks 1

LG2008
1 hour ago, tlittlemonster said:

I think the real issue here was how rushed the album roll out was. Even Love for Sale debuted in the top 10 because there was more time for pre-orders and you could actually find the album at shops and all sorts of retailers...

What really dragged the numbers down was the fact you could really only buy the album from Gaga's site

I don't even think the album is available at retailers yet as we speak.

Hoping that LG7 is her best album rollout, that's all we need after this mess (still love Harlequin tbh, think I'll stream it lots during the holidays)

I hope they release the show she did around Thanksgiving and by that time the album should be in stores... It has a holiday feeling so I hope that helps and it gets to the GP

Robinladen
6 minutes ago, chathonnete said:

It's a great album but I'm not surprised it's not doing well. 

I'm worried the movie might have a negative impact on LG7 lead, I even think she should push the release to November, so that people separate her new single from the movie. 

She did a wonderful promo, and I was so happy to see her happy, but I think for her "safety" in term of LG7 lead, she needs to take a tiny break from the movie for 3-4 weeks. :heart:

Nowadays Christmas songs already start rising in the charts mid november. By december the entire top 10 is Christmas songs. So I don't know if postponing is a good idea.

NATAH
47 minutes ago, Luffy said:

She needs to pull all the stops with LG7 or she’s cooked.

she really isn't :smh:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

HIM820
1 hour ago, Hyperobject said:

some fans are scared of KatyCats calling Gaga an irrelevant flop for some reason. 

If only it were just KCs. They actually are surprisingly tame considering. The hate is coming from ALL fanbases because we like to act brave and run our mouths making fun of every other artist. 

I’ve seen way more Beyoncé fans dragging Gaga and us for our comments on The Gift (with 5 year old screenshots) and you can’t really defend it. We just need to eat crow and take the loss here because it’s not good. 

Awakened M
1 hour ago, Luffy said:

She needs to pull all the stops with LG7 or she’s cooked.

The only thing that's getting cooked (or not) is the meat you should be devouring, Mr. King of the Pirates. 

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.
  • LMAO 1

Shyane

This is extremely good, all coming from sales from Gaga's website. Only 1 source. Unlike all other albums that are available everywhere.

• Thanks 1

GagaGame
2 hours ago, Cortezz said:

We are receiving mockery and insults everywhere because of the movie and the album. The worst scenario I could ever imagine

Haven't opened Twitter since Harlequin was announced. Just don't go there and that's it. Twitter is a place full of jobless stans

I could be your mustang for the weekend

Awakened M
1 hour ago, Cortezz said:

It’s not only social media. There are headlines attaching Gaga’s name to this flop. In real life I also listened to people dragging her and they aren’t part of stan culture

If there's one thing you should know being a Little Monster, is that your mental health comes first. You cannot control the things people do, think, or say. You shouldn't let them destroy your peace. You're so upset. Log off, drink some tea, take a walk, journal, maybe even get some sleep.

You have to learn to not let these sorts of things affect you on such a level. 

Not just you specifically, but the lot of us. Now stream Harlequin and have a good morning.🌞

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.
  • Like 2

Cortezz
2 minutes ago, Awakened M said:

If there's one thing you should know being a Little Monster, is that your mental health comes first. You cannot control the things people do, think, or say. You shouldn't let them destroy your peace. You're so upset. Log off, drink some tea, take a walk, journal, maybe even get some sleep.

You have to learn to not let these sorts of things affect you on such a level. 

Not just you specifically, but the lot of us. Now stream Harlequin and have a good morning.🌞

I suffer from depression. It’s not that easy