Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

J*ker Director explains Gaga’s cut kiss scene

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

uo111
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

I havent seen the movie and I don't care about the director but his explanation makes perfect sense... it wouldn't have worked without dialogue so he cut it out. This is his movie, not Gaga's, so why would he just keep it in because she did it? We're doing too much

His explanation is that it wouldn’t work, but he made an entire movie that didn’t work so maybe he isn’t the best judge :fan:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

MOT

What he's saying is that they cut the scene because he decided he didn't want the dialogue, not because he didn't want the kiss.

I don't think it's a big deal. You film the scene, you look at it afterwards and decide it doesn't work, and it isn't a NECESSARY scene, so you cut it.

• Like 2

elijahfan

Oh yeah, because including that scene would’ve totally turned the tides :ladyhaha:

I understand people's disappointment, I also felt a bit cheated when I first saw the film. But at the end of the day, it is what it is and y'all need to accept it. The director did what he needed to do, that includes taking tough decisions like leaving scenes on the cutting room floor and he had his reasons. You totally have the right to dislike this film, but it's still his film, not yours.

There's also a very annoying pattern with Little Monsters where they'll imagine unreleased songs are masterpieces Gaga is keeping away from us, and there seems to be a similar delusion with her deleted scenes here. You somehow imagine that Todd Philipps is keeping extraordinary moments from us, but there's literally nothing that proves the film would've been any better with these scenes included. None of you were in the editing room, so pardon my French, but you don't know ****.

Once again, people are entitled to their opinions, but don't let your disappointment over Gaga's underuse turn you into bullies. We just had a new album, LG7 is around the corner, so touch some grass and focus on that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Werewoof

Yes this is all a hot mess, but wow she improvised that?? If anything all this BS is making her skills shine a bit brighter. What a badass.

• Like 1

WhiteHotForever

I convinced my best friend, who hates Gaga (:saladga:) to watch the film with me. He liked her performance a lot. In the end, he was disappointed by the film and wished Gaga had more screen time and dialogues.

Todd destroyed this film for so many people. A box office bomb was born.

• Like 2

eunino

I mean his choices were horrible and he shouldn't even bother trying to justify them. Just accept the hate at this point lol

But now seriously, it is so frustrating how they did dirty to this movie. They absolutely had everything in their hands to make it the greatest movie and just ruined it. The first Joker was so well acclaimed, people were looking forward to see the sequel so bad. They casted Gaga (!!) who would have been willing to give her all/devour the craziness of Lee if only she had the chance.

All of her scenes that we know that were cut off are just a proof of that. I can’t accept the fact he thought it was a good idea not to use the That’s Entertainment scene in the stairs to use a weird take of Gaga whispering it before going in the court. Such a waste.

Edited by eunino
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ashley

Y’all the issue is not that he cut the scene, it’s that he’s going to the press to say this specifically. I clicked on the link to see if maybe they just took the worst sounding part for the headline, but nope that’s literally it. I’m not going to flat out accuse him of trying to place the negative reactions on Gaga, but this was a very bizarre thing of him to do.

• Like 4

LG2008

Thank you Todd for saying that YOU wanted the film to be a musical :hor: 

I hope this shuts those haters who said that Gaga demanded that the film was a musical :ladyhaha:

• Like 3

Naufri

This dude is out of his mind. There is no chance that kissing an extra is not talked first with the director AND the extra. This is an USA big budget movie, if that woman was kissed without consent and hasn't sued Gaga and the studio, they probably had to pay her a million dollar and sign a NDA. 

This dude wants to gain a reputation of not having control of the actors in his movies? I guess he's under a shitstorm at the moment, but he's making things worse for him and the rest of the team.

That poor lady should have multiple online gossip outlets trying to contact her rn

Edited by Naufri
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LG2008
11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Y’all the issue is not that he cut the scene, it’s that he’s going to the press to say this specifically. I clicked on the link to see if maybe they just took the worst sounding part for the headline, but nope that’s literally it. I’m not going to flat out accuse him of trying to place the negative reactions on Gaga, but this was a very bizarre thing of him to do.

Now I need Gaga go out and just say that she's sorry that we didn't had the opportunity to see the full character she worked on after reading comics or something like that...

She just did what she had to do so idk why he would say something like that... Joaquin kisses a man in the movie and if you know a little bit about who Harley Quinn is, you know that kiss makes perfect sense + they definitely talked about that kiss before filming

Edited by LG2008
  • Like 1

RAMROD

See, it's Todd all along :neyde:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LG2008
2 hours ago, Nite said:

I'm so tired. Gaga's improvisations tend to be iconic. His loss.

She definitely did not improvise that... There's no way she just kissed someone without consent. I don't know why he would say something like that. What a mess...

• Like 1