Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

Forbes Reports Joker: Folie À Deux Need $500 Million To Break Even

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Audiences are heckling Joker: Folie À Deux off the box office stage this weekend, with (in every sense of the word) roughly $45 million domestic and a disastrous D grade via audience polling at Cinemascore. At Rotten Tomatoes, the film’s reputation continues to drop, now at 32% “Rotten” for both critics and audiences.

As I said previously, unless international markets come to the rescue and China delivers big numbers, there is the potential for a complete box office collapse. Yet, even if foreign receipts manage to double domestic numbers, that still puts Joker: Folie À Deux at $135 million opening weekend, so a decent 3x final multiplier still barely puts it north of $400 million worldwide by the end of its run.

The problem with that math is, a 3x final multiplier is unlikely, based on that D grade from audiences.

Hoping for international audiences to double domestic numbers just to get to $400 million tells you how bad the situation probably is. Because if, instead of a 3x final multiplier and foreign tickets doubling domestic, we wind up seeing a 2.7x multiplier, then it finishes at about $365 million. And at 2.5x, it will gross $338 million.

Joker: Folie À Deux’s nearly $200 million budget plus marketing costs puts “break even” at north of $500 million, and I see no path to that figure unless something entirely unexpected and major changes in the next 24 hours.

So if expectations hold through the rest of the weekend, then all we’ll really be doing from this point forward is waiting to see how much of a loss it takes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2024/10/05/d-spells-disasteraudiences-heckle-joker-2-off-box-office-stage/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD

Since the final grossing prediction will be around $400 Million, JFAD will be the first proper movie flop that Gagi is involved in, since it can't even able to break even. I HATE THIS FOR HER! She don't  deserve this! Everyone around her always  set her to fail! :franminervini:

IDK whatever kind of contract she have with WB movie wise, but she need to leave Warner Bros STAT!! :franminervini:

Edited by RAMROD
  • Thanks 1

Jill
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

a disastrous D

that's what she said

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • LMAO 1

Rat Boy

I think she should focus on more fun movies instead of chasing Oscars. How iconic would it be if she did a Camp Rock movie!

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • Like 1

Sorcerer

This will unfortunately be one of the biggest box office bombs of all time. I don't know if it will even reach more than $200M total. I feel very sad for Gaga that she's attached to this. Numbers like this for a regular working actor could've been career-ending, but at least Gaga is an iconic musician.

That said, we can't really do anything about it. I hope Gaga and the fans quickly move on to the next project.

Edited by Sorcerer

Rahrahbitchson

She needs to co-star with Johnny Sins in a film, anything else will be the death to her movie career

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • LMAO 1

RichAssPiss

You are all being too dramatic.

It's not doing well. But it's not one of the biggest failures of all time. There's been much worse.

Also, of everyone involved in the movie Gaga is emerging looking the best. People wanted more of her. She's not a writer/director/producer. She has .mostly great reviews. And she's emphatically not the lead. So, it's not truly her movie to shoulder. Plus, 39% of the audience polled said they went for her. Only 3% less than Phoenix. 

She's walking away from this a well reviewed star wirh box office draw who was in a movie badly mismanaged by a director in over his head. 

Margot Robbie was in the movie that lost the most money one year (Babylon) and the one that made the most the following year (Barbie).

I truly don't think this will follow Gaga. Almost everyone thinks it was the script/direction/concept. 

She's good. 

Plus, honestly I still think it's a better movie than House of Gucci. 

Edited by RichAssPiss
  • Like 6

RAMROD
Just now, RichAssPiss said:

You are all being too dramatic.

It's not doing well. But it's not one of the biggest failures of all time. There's been much worse.

Also, of everyone involved in the movie Gaga is emerging looking the best. People wanted more of her. She's not a writer/director/producer. She has .mostly great reviews. And she's emphatically not the lead. So, it's not truly her movie to shoulder. Plus, 39% of the audience polled said they went for her. Only 3% less than Phoenix. 

She's walking away from this a well reviewed star wirh box office draw who was in a movie badly mismanaged by a director in over his head. 

Margot Robbie was in the movie that lost the most money one year (Babylon) and the one that made the most the following year (Barbie).

I truly don't think this still will follow Gaga. Almost everyone thinks it was the script/direction/concept. 

She's good. 

Plus, honestly I still think it's a better movie than House of Gucci. 

The movie is rated worse than Madame Web by cinemascore (which I was fortunate enough to be able to personally participated in), how is it too dramatic? :franminervini:

GZJIEWFbQAAnGAX.png
GZGkzQTacAAiDqP?format=jpg&name=large

clownery
21 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

She needs to co-star with Johnny Sins in a film, anything else will be the death to her movie career

Girl I see the vision but Gaga is a top

SpadesToStart

I think the real question is how did this movie cost $200M???
40% of it took place on the same court room set, and another 40% took place on the same asylum set. 
For reference, HOG had a production budget of $75M and ASIB had a production budget of $36M.

RichAssPiss
9 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

40% of it took place on the same court room set, and another 40% took place on the same asylum set. 
For reference, HOG had a production budget of $75M and ASIB had a production budget of $36M.

I read an article that said 90 million was for Phoenix, Phillips, and Gaga alone. And most of that was NOT Gaga. I think Phillips really cashed in on the first movie's success. I don't think he had a plan. It was a good payday mostly. 

20 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

The movie is rated worse than Madame Web by cinemascore (which I was fortunate enough to be able to personally participated in), how is it too dramatic? :franminervini:

GZJIEWFbQAAnGAX.png
GZGkzQTacAAiDqP?format=jpg&name=large

CinemaScore is far from the most important thing in Hollywood. 

Madame Web opened to 17.6 million. No one is out here saying Joker is worse than Madame Web.

It just means opening night audiences were more sympathetic to Web and were angrier about Joker. Probably because they went in expecting something great. 

There are movies with great reviews that have D or even F CinemaScores. It's just one piece of the puzzle. 

Edited by RichAssPiss
  • Like 1

Doogi
8 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

This!! I’m so confused lmao

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

Sorcerer
18 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

It's for the salaries. $20M for both Todd and Joaquin. $12M for Gaga. Then maybe about $50M for the rest of the cast and crew. The rest is for the production.

WB was so desperate to bring back the previous talent for a Joker sequel.