Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
music news

Sophie Ellis-Bextor submitted to Best New Artist at 2025 Grammys

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

the Grammy needs to create a Best Breakthrough Artist category and let the BNA for who’s truly new in the industry 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Thanks 1

LaLa
48 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I mean under the rules of the Grammys for this category she probably does qualify

I thought you could have no more than 3 albums previously released to qualify? I know the rules can be a bit complicated and do change up from time to time, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see how she would be allowed.

That said, no harm in trying I guess , the committees just won't nominate her :laughga:

Bronco
23 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I thought you could have no more than 3 albums previously released to qualify? I know the rules can be a bit complicated and do change up from time to time, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see how she would be allowed.

That said, no harm in trying I guess , the committees just won't nominate her :laughga:

I thought it was no more than 3 albums submitted for consideration. 
She's definitely not had more than her debut submitted if they even submitted that. She was never a big US act

• Like 1

LaLa
8 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I thought it was no more than 3 albums submitted for consideration. 
She's definitely not had more than her debut submitted if they even submitted that. She was never a big US act

okay I went and looked it up because I was confused and curious :ladyhaha:

seems like since 2021 the three albums thing has been scrapped! These are the criteria:

-Must have released a minimum of five singles/tracks or one album (until 2020 there was a maximum of 30 singles/tracks or three albums, but this maximum limit was removed for the 2021 awards season)

-May not have entered into this category more than three times, including as a performing member of an established group.

-Must have achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and impacted the musical landscape during the eligibility period.

So I guess she is eligible to to be nominated if the committee considers her to have impacted the landscape haha! Let's see :laughga:

• Like 1

southpaw773
2 hours ago, Bronco said:

I mean under the rules of the Grammys for this category she probably does qualify. 

But the category rules either need changing or the category needs renaming to Breakthrough artist

The national taylor award system I mean Grammys does need to be changed. 

Bronco
5 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

The national taylor award system I mean Grammys does need to be changed. 

Damn even when a topic isn't related to her in any way possible y'all still feel the need to bring her up