Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Is JFAD the ARTPOP of her acting career?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

dracomalfoy
3 minutes ago, ActualPatient said:

no because JFAD is like someone else's album where Gaga is featured. hope they credit her as a supporting role, if that's really the case

does that makes Gaga the Too $hort or Twista of JFAD :derpga:

Chromatic, Chromatic, put your hands all over my colors.
  • LMAO 3

azul

The film is bad, big time bad. However, the fans are overreacting. Twitter is awful now, stans are out there fighting Katycats, using silly arguments. :icega: It's not the end of the world. The reason this is not an ARTPOP moment is that she already had an ARTPOP moment in her career. She is now an established legend and a pop icon because she released ARTPOP and her career did not end. She overcame it. This film does not represent the possible end of her career, even though is not good for her legacy. Gaga will be fine. 

• Like 1

ActualPatient
2 minutes ago, dracomalfoy said:

does that makes Gaga the Too $hort or Twista of JFAD :derpga:

lmaooo... the Space Cowboy

• Like 1

tomsches

People care less about whether a movie is well received or not than if it’s an album. So don’t worry. In a month nobody will talk about it anymore. Even Gaga herself doesn’t seem bothered by it. And so far from what I’ve seen people think that Gaga did great but that the movie itself is just boring, which is not her fault. She’s gonna be fine. It just means that it’s gonna take a while longer till she’ll get that Oscar. But I’m sure one day she’ll win one 

ActualPatient
3 minutes ago, azul said:

I actually think this may lead her to choose better screenplays and directors to work with

Work with A24 with the most creative screenwriters and directors 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

ThisGuyTony
17 minutes ago, Vicixs said:

Off topic, but where is everybody getting info on her scenes being cut post production, last minute scenes being written, etc??

10 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Their imaginations. 

• Like 2

ActualPatient
2 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I really hope they put out a proper Director's Cut. I remember there was at least one DC movie salvaged by a Diretor's Cut that came out a bit later... (Znyder?)

I am under the impression that there are lots of shelved material and last minute changes for some freaking reason. My personal theory is that they edited it so it would qualify for Chinese markets.

Nathaniel Arven
15 minutes ago, tomsches said:

People care less about whether a movie is well received or not than if it’s an album. So don’t worry.

This ! Think about Madonna. She never had a lot of success in her movie career but her music career has been so consistent... (looks like shading but it's not) 

Edited by Nathaniel Arven
consistency

Juanlittlem
7 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

And Gaga herself said she enjoyed rewriting the scenes

“We’d very often meet in Joaquin’s trailer and sometimes we would just tear the script up and start all over,” Gaga recently told Vanity Fair for her own cover story. “It was a really cool, liberating process.”

These things happen in movies, its not just a Joker thing. Thats like saying A Star Is Born's bathtub moment that was improvised was something Bradley did against Gaga. Some scenes make the cut and some dont :brat:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

LUCARTPOP

Difference is Gaga is genuinely happy now. She never was happy during the ARTPOP era, it was sadly a trainwreck from the start of the era til the end of it (doesn't change the fact that she still did her best to deliver what is one of the most nostalgic eras in pop music :flutter:). 

JFAD has such good acting but the ending was so unexpected in a disappointing way, the musical segments were too much. It makes sense but it comes off so unseriously while that screentime could have been replaced with vital scenes. They should have also picked up the pace and action, that lacked in comparison to the first movie. :traumatica:

Just A Holy Fool

Not at all, she is actually getting a lot of sympathy from reviewers and praise for doing what she could with a bad script and also that she wasn’t in it enough. I don’t think this will hurt her career. Todd Phillips on the other hand….,:triggered:

Edited by Just A Holy Fool

MOT

No. If your album flops, well that's you flopping, but if a movie that is someone else's project (and you just happen to be in it) flops, that's the someone else flopping. Plus she got paid 10m. We could all use some of that kind of flopping action.

• LMAO 1

chathonnete

She has nothing to blame for her self, I've watched many critic reviews and apparently she's way too erased in the movie, but she does what she can with what she has. It's the writers' fault who should have created a real duo for the movie and something way madder !