Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Is JFAD the ARTPOP of her acting career?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

I am worried that JFAD is the ARTPOP of her acting career. :enigma: 

Gaga is at the happiest she’s ever been in her life but the poor reception (critics and fans), potential box office bomb and losses, and award nom snubs that this film is going thru rn is giving me ARTPOP vibes. :alsemanche:

Not to mention the messes Joaquin and Todd put her thru - rewriting scenes that she prepped for last minute, cutting out a lot of her scenes in the final version, and then barely lifting a finger for promo while she is doing all the promo :deadbanana:

I just hope this isn’t similar because Gaga lost her passion for music after ARTPOP and I don’t want Gaga to lose her acting passion, or passions in general, over this film and the people involved. :saladga:

• LMAO 6
  • Sad 1

NewUsername

You’re being too dramatic.

Even if there are mixed reviews, the movie has more buzz than HoG.

Joaquin and Todd ARE doing promo, we’re just not so attentive to it, because it’s not being posted on here since it’s not JoaquinDaily or ToddDaily.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Lucas
6 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

Even if there are mixed reviews, the movie has more buzz than HoG.

Very bad buzz though

clownery

No, but she needs to stop following the Oscar bait route and focus on developing her acting skills with artsy movies. These projects are waaay to ambitious and people value simplicity.

• Like 4

LadyLuca

sry but ARTPOP is her thrid best album....Joker film seems to be her worst film so far...so that does not make sense. 

its maybe her Joanne. tastewhise maybe her chromatica?

River

it's always a hit or miss with movies, I mean, even Best Actors/Actress winners had shitty movies.. she did her job as an actress, she did it the best as she could with the material, but at the end, she has zero control on the final edit and the final vision of the director.

I mean.. Michelle Yeoh won best actress and then her next movie The School for Good and Evil has 37% RT score.. even lower than JFAD

It's not her ARTPOP, it's Todd's ARTPOP, it's his movie, not hers, she's only doing her job there.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 20

Hyperobject
2 minutes ago, River said:

it's always a hit or miss with movies, I mean, even Best Actors/Actress winners had shitty movies.. she did her job as an actress, she did it the best as she could with the material, but at the end, she has zero control on the final edit and the final vision of the director.

I mean.. Michelle Yeoh won best actress and then her next movie The School for Good and Evil has 37% RT score.. even lower than JFAD

It's not her ARTPOP, it's Todd's ARTPOP, it's his movie, not hers, she's only doing her job there.

stan Twitter brains can’t really accept the fact that actors don’t have flawless filmographies lol every movie has to be an acclaimed Oscar nominated smash 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nite

Honestly if you're worried, read some of the legitimate reviews. None of them are complaining about Gaga and they make it quite clear what the problems are.

The only ones trying to pin things on Gaga are weird OGHs who confuse me to this day because I can't find any reason there would be to hate on this woman :triggered:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Vicixs

Off topic, but where is everybody getting info on her scenes being cut post production, last minute scenes being written, etc??

Religion is a product to sell.

NATAH

i fear for how this fanbase reacts to actual movie bomb in her career and i mean one that'll actually hurt her career

her acting is still being praised and the critics say there's not enough of her... when they start coming for her acting then we should be concerned

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 5

PawUp

No one is coming for Gaga’s acting though. Most reviews focus on the writing and the story line as the main shortcomings  of the film, while praising Gaga for living up to what we’ve come to expect from her. 

I don’t see the general public turning on Gaga like they did during ARTPOP. Even if she were to release a record that isn’t so mainstream friendly, instead of having a negative perception of her, they would just not be supportive of that particular project. She’s kind of separated herself into her own category of celebrity and the general public really has changed their views on her post her collaborations with TB after ARTPOP. She has had many successful tributes, accolades, and other entertainment ventures that show she is adaptable in her creativity. I don’t think any project will cause any set back like ARTPOP did. 

• Like 1

ActualPatient

no because JFAD is like someone else's album where Gaga is featured. hope they credit her as a supporting role, if that's really the case

Juanlittlem

No this is her Born This Way 'cause its her third project! You're welcome!

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon
6 minutes ago, Vicixs said:

Off topic, but where is everybody getting info on her scenes being cut post production, last minute scenes being written, etc??

Their imaginations.