Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Official Joker: Folie À Deux Review & Discussion Thread

RAMROD

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

I need help please whoever’s seen the film tonite. I need clarification on one thing? *spoiler alert*

Hide contents

joker2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&crop=0,9

was this scene in the movie? I can’t remember if they cut that one as well or not

tks

Nope!

Spoiler

They cut the kicks and the hip thrusts entirely. You just see a glimpse of them in these outfits right before the wedding sequence.

27 minutes ago, crushedlemonice said:

To whoever watched it, would you classify it as a musical? Also how different are the songs compared to Harlequin?

Yes!

Spoiler

All of them were different versions of the songs (or at least most because there is a LOT of music in this movie), usually more classical renditions. IIRC only the song during the waltz was intact from Harlequin but there could be some snippets here and there.

• Love 1

CyanDante
59 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

Warner Bros had a huge hand in casting her. Joaquin and Todd both discussed wanting Joaquin’s wife as Lee three years ago when it was announced that Gaga being in the movie was in a thing. 

He was because he was half owner of the production company with Bradley that produced ASIB. Just like Bradley was credited as a producer for the first Joker. They dissolved their production company in 2020-21 and now are no longer credited in each others work. Maestro was in development before they dissolved but I’m not sure how Todd is credited for that film 

Ohh I didnt know they broke up lol :poot:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

InTheCloset

Question (SPOILER)

Spoiler

I will be seeing the movie on 5th october. Have bought tickets. However i opened twitter and the memes suggest that Lee was a hallucination. Is this correct?:traumatica:

Where's the spunk, Adam?

InTheCloset
14 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Question (SPOILER)

Reveal hidden contents

I will be seeing the movie on 5th october. Have bought tickets. However i opened twitter and the memes suggest that Lee was a hallucination. Is this correct?:traumatica:

@avalon x

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Love 1

Battle 4 Ur Life
24 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Question (SPOILER)

Hide contents

No I don’t think so. twitter’s always saying too much.

She is acknowledged by multiple people in the movie. I don’t think for the purposes of the narrative she is a hallucination.

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”
  • Like 1

Battle 4 Ur Life
38 minutes ago, avalon x said:

Nope!

Reveal hidden contents

They cut the kicks and the hip thrusts entirely. You just see a glimpse of them in these outfits right before the wedding sequence.

Yes!

Reveal hidden contents

All of them were different versions of the songs (or at least most because there is a LOT of music in this movie), usually more classical renditions. IIRC only the song during the waltz was intact from Harlequin but there could be some snippets here and there.

OMG TKS. I knew it.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Question (SPOILER)

Hide contents

giphy.gif

But I heard that it has happened in Part 1 which is probably why they thought same thing happens here. But there was no reason to believe that that's the case with Lee.

• Like 1

Battle 4 Ur Life

I honestly did not hate the movie. my final rate would be a 7.8 instead of the 8 I’d said before because they really could have done more with Lee. I think Gaga and the musical acts are what counted for me.

people who wanted to see where it would take the character next were rightfully let down. 

Spoiler

it dwelves into this duality of Arthur vs Joker for some time before it suddenly ends. 

Flippy

I — didn’t really enjoy it :selena: Gaga was amazing, as was Joaquin but… I just felt like it was missing something :bradley:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Battle 4 Ur Life
10 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

To those who've seen it, what I want to know is... Lead Actress or Supporting Actress — where do you think she should compete?

Supporting. but I wouldn’t put my hopes high because the character itself was not that developed.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

To those who've seen it, what I want to know is... Lead Actress or Supporting Actress — where do you think she should compete?

Definitely supporting.

I was happy with the amount of screen time she had and it was one of her best work yet as an actress but I can see how the movie not being able to hit the mark will affect her chances of getting noms again (the same way it did with HoG).

But this time there's music involved (including one she wrote herself) so hopefully that helps with other categories!

7 minutes ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

Supporting. but I wouldn’t put my hopes high because the character itself was not that developed.

Right?? And neither was their relationship.

Spoiler

All the time jumps. And the kisses/intimacy between them felt so forced and awkward.

Little Mermaid had more development than this. :messga: :messga:

Every review that pops up on my social feeds mention Gaga as being the standout. That makes me happy but it feels like House Of Gucci all over again where she’s called the savior of a not so well executed movie… we were hopeful for a nom then but got snubbed, I hope that doesn’t happen again…

lilboyblue
37 minutes ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

Let's hope the awards people are itching to vote for her enough to at least secure a nomination. But with Ariana and Selena in the same category, they might be hesitant to put up so many pop girls there.

Tbh, I dont't think character development isn't much of a dealbreaker for supporting. I always go back to Jamie Lee Curtis, because her role had no development whatsoever in EEAAO and she got the W.

But if you guys are not very optimistic then maybe the role really isn't enough.

• YAAAS 1

I was so hyped for this movie but the whole consensus feels a bit like... there's not much going on in it, too little Gaga, and the musical element doesn't work :traumatica:

Going to try and watch with an open perspective but it's so disappointing it's ended this way :bradley:

Edited by oheyitso

• River pinned this topic