💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Official Joker: Folie À Deux Review & Discussion Thread

RAMROD

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, Butters Stotch said:

Gosh, how I wish I never interacted with this fan base. The hate is out of control today :saladga: You all learned NOTHING from the ARTPOP era. F*ck people's opinion. Just enjoy the f*cking show and let others be happy!!

imagine being a mod this october :traumatica:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Love 2

Battle 4 Ur Life
3 hours ago, madmagical6 said:

I'm glad I wasn't particularly hyped for this movie it's getting dragged on social media. I'll still see it next week though. Hoping Gaga will swiftly move on to LG7. I'm glad she's found inspiration and an outlet from it, that's the important thing.

This 100x

Because honestly the hype for the movie dies when the movie ends and could have maybe even hurt LG7 because, let’s face it, many people aren’t happy with the movie.

As always our Queen was two steps ahead.

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Yaaaas Gaga

The polarising opinions about this movie takes me back to 2008 - 2013 Gaga, and I’m here for it. I think we’ve gotten so used to most of her projects receiving universal acclaim in recent years that we’ve all forgotten how divisive she was at the beginning of her career. Not everything Gaga does will be praised to the high heavens. This movie was a risk, some will love it, some will hate it, and that’s okay.

Stop letting the negative reviews of others put you off and buy some tickets this weekend to support our Gags cause she deserves it.

• Like 8

OliviaRodrigoStan
On 9/30/2024 at 3:34 AM, River said:

@RAMROD what's the different between your new thread and the old one?

trying to understand if I need to merge :laughga:

The new one will get him new reaction points bestie, don't be a hater :ladyhaha:

On topic: I hope everyone going to watch the film enjoys it :popcorn:. So far the YouTube reviews seem pretty negative, like, all of them :enigma:. But then again, DC fans aren't known to have high standards, if they liked the first one, they can like this one too :brat:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Omg, some of you are really exaggerating... Of course anyone can like or dislike it based on their preferences, but it's not a bad movie by any means. It's beautifully shot, the acting is on point and the story is tight. I agree that the plot is divisive, and that the marketing set up some expectations that weren't met, though, and I understand that's where most bad reviews are coming from.

Personally I'd rate it 7.5/10, I think it could do without one or two songs and fleshed out Gaga's character a bit more. In fact, since I watched it I've been dreaming about a "Lee's Cut" including the deleted scenes and maybe

Spoiler

even showing how she was responsible for the big explosion and manipulating the other inmate to off Arthur after she realized he wasn't who she thought he was (a.k.a. The Joker)

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Butters Stotch
17 minutes ago, River said:

imagine being a mod this october :traumatica:

Gurl I hope the adds on the site help you guys cover the therapy sessions because OMG :bradley:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC
  • LMAO 2

1 minute ago, Butters Stotch said:

Gurl I hope the adds on the site help you guys cover the therapy sessions because OMG :bradley:

I can't enjoy stufff:messga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Yaaaas Gaga said:

I think we’ve gotten so used to most of her projects receiving universal acclaim in recent years that we’ve all forgotten how divisive she was at the beginning of her career. Not everything Gaga does will be praised to the high heavens. This movie was a risk, some will love it, some will hate it, and that’s okay.

I was literally thinking about this last night seeing all the reviews and reactions come in. Post-ASIB (and honestly, you could go as far as to say post-Super Bowl), she's consistently gotten universal acclaim. The only thing I can think of that was divisive during that time was HoG, but even then, the consensus was that the movie was bad but that Gaga herself was good. I think Joker 2 being so divisive rattled some monsters because we haven't felt this controversy around her for a while :sweat: 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 1

Battle 4 Ur Life

Guys, DON’T freak out and be down because the movie isn’t being praised as the best movie ever.

it has quite a production value and Gaga is a really good thing in the movie. I feel ultimately people wanted Harlequin to be able to make the story better or more compelling. But it ultimately falls on the director and what message they wanted to convey and how they wanted to deliver the characters. it’s a film about institutionalized oppression, violence and overall neglect of mental health.

I honestly don’t think it will hurt Gaga because she really was great in it imo. we may be disappointed because we wanted her to shine on a role that would make us proud that she’s getting acclaim and everyone loves her but if the director can’t deliver that (or in this case might not want to) it’s not her fault. and I have no doubt she’s probably gonna be in other movies sooner than we can expect.

• Like 3

Battle 4 Ur Life
3 hours ago, lance13 said:

I'm amazed by the number of people who let their opinions be swayed by negative reviews. People who haven't even seen the movie are already acting like they hate it because of some reviews they read. I hope that I'm never that fragile that I have to let others form my opinions for me. At the end of the day, it's just a movie.....it's not going to make or break Gaga's career or anyone's life. There's so much drama.....go see it/don't go see it.....hate it/love it......who cares?? The best films are those that are open for debate, have mixed reviews, and allow for conversations. I'll save my "review" until I've actually seen the movie, but I promise I'll form my own opinions and not rely on others. Take a deep breath.....Gaga will be fine regardless of the outcome and she got paid. Let's try a little positivity. 

This. Pinned.

even tho I did not think it was a good movie as a whole I am NOT upset that I watched it. will probably watch it again Friday or a day that’s discounted.

the movie could have been better and that’s TODD PHILIP’S fault entirely.

Gaga will be MORE than fine.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Prostitute Barbie

I went to see it at early release last night. I really really liked it but I do wish a few things were different. I actually agree with the critics about Harley’s character development. I would have liked to see more of her in the movie because her story arc felt like it could have been explored in more depth. I already knew how it would end because I sought out spoilers, and it will be divisive, but I actually thought it made sense. The musical aspect worked for me because it’s not anything like a traditional musical movie. The performances are all great, the costumes are on point, and the visuals are beautiful. Overall I was really happy with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I saw it last night at an advance screening, and the one word I have coming out of it is FRUSTRATING. I was soo excited to see this- loved the first Joker and I thought making a fantastical musical sequel was a really interesting idea. And it totally could have been! But this movie is just…not it. Gaga was great in it, but her character was written terribly. They didn’t give her nearly enough to do, and focused way too long on other characters in scenes that dragged on and on. Boring was the last thing I thought this movie would be, but for a lot of this film that’s how I felt sadly. And whoever the editor was did a terrrrrible job, especially cutting off the musical sequences before you even got to ingest them. And I can’t even talk about all the scenes with Gaga that were just completely left out of the film. I need her to do a film where she is truly the lead and has the material to shine in. Or at least something fun and interesting…this just felt dull to me. Just my opinion though, please don’t come for me haha! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I have a random question and I really don't think this would be considered a spoiler because it's such an insignificant part. When we saw clips of the filming, it shows Gaga walking up the steps to the courthouse and she kisses the woman who is protesting. Did that make it into the film?