RAMROD

Featured Posts

lilboyblue
6 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

MOURN WITH ME SISTERS

MOURN WITH ME

mourn samantha colley GIF by National Geographic Channel

90S No GIF

Gaga being praised across the board with what little screen time she had? I say it's a win over-all.

(I'm about to watch tomorrow, finally! If I change my tune, you won't be hearing from me no more in these threads. Lol)

• Like 1

lilboyblue

Sometimes I feel like this base has been infiltrated by Gaga haters, like it's weird how some so-called "fans" can't at least celebrate this feather in her cap.

Gaga is being praised for her acting. People want more of her. Why are so many people crying??

• Thanks 11

ModernEcstasy
8 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

Gaga is being praised for her acting. People want more of her. Why are so many people crying??

I think it’s more to do with the fact that the movie may tarnish the GP’s current love for her.
If they don’t read reviews the takeaway from this movie is that it’s bad, meaning Gagas take on Harley must be a bad too

Edited by ModernEcstasy
  • Thanks 1

InTheCloset
10 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

90S No GIF

Gaga being praised across the board with what little screen time she had? I say it's a win over-all.

(I'm about to watch tomorrow, finally! If I change my tune, you won't be hearing from me no more in these threads. Lol)

best case scenario is another house of gucci type scene. Gaga gets praised but the movie gets panned so all that praise ends up being nothing. Also commercially the movie is about to be a box office bomb. it has a budget of $200 million plus additional costs WB has spent on marketing and promo. It needs more than $600 mil to break even. I just hate how this whole thing is turning out to be. Gaga was about to have another peak in her career then this **** happens. 

Plus 'people' (khiaty cats, selena fans, marvel fans, dc incels) are posting the ending of the movie everywhere. Its such an ending that once known causes people to lose interest. 

I just hope Gaga sits this awards season out and focuses on lg7 but my delulu ass is still hoping for an oscar nom

Where's the spunk, Adam?

MaybeKermit
7 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

Sometimes I feel like this base has been infiltrated by Gaga haters, like it's weird how some so-called "fans" can't at least celebrate this feather in her cap.

It’s not hate, it’s frustration. We want to see our girl succeed but time after time (for the past +10y) she kinda gets sabotaged when it comes to her eras. Not even exaggersting here.

this was her 3rd big movie with her as a lead (that’s how it was announced”, so tbh it’s kinda sad that this is now her 2nd “bad” movie in a row. Yes, people praise her acting, just like with HoG, but she’s a STAR, and should be more selective with her projects if she really wants to make it as an actress and get that Oscar

• Like 4

lilboyblue
4 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

I think it’s more to do with the fact that the movie may tarnish the GP’s current love for her.
If they don’t read reviews the takeaway from this movie is that it’s bad, meaning Gagas take on Harley must be a bad too

I think it's premature and a bit of a stretch to say that. Because if they did watch the film and most reactions are true, then they'd know that Gaga isn't the problem. 

And most publications praised her. She served looks. She has a hit song out. It's going... to be... okay.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

InTheCloset
1 minute ago, MaybeKermit said:

It’s not hate, it’s frustration. We want to see our girl succeed but time after time (for the past +10y) she kinda gets sabotaged when it comes to her eras. Not even exaggersting here.

this was her 3rd big movie with her as a lead (that’s how it was announced”, so tbh it’s kinda sad that this is now her 2nd “bad” movie in a row. Yes, people praise her acting, just like with HoG, but she’s a STAR, and should be more selective with her projects if she really wants to make it as an actress and get that Oscar

I do think initially this movie was a good choice. Lee certainly was considered a co lead and the film was more focused on 'madness of two'. However its the post production that ruined it. There were rumors that todd wanted a more 'joker' narrative post production rather than a shared delusion. idk. im just sad. It was a high budget movie with strong leads but joker didnt even need a sequel. 

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 1

lilboyblue
8 minutes ago, MaybeKermit said:

She already made it as an actress... and she already has that Oscar. :enigma:

Like what is this world I am being made to believe exists?

lilboyblue

God's honest truth, I believe it's the fear of other fanbases that you all are being nervous about, and that you don't even see you've contributed to diminishing Gaga yourselves.

I just hope whatever this energy is that's floating around here isn't the same energy you are helping propagate in social media.

OT: Watch Joker: Folie a Deux in cinemas!

:bye:

Edited by lilboyblue
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

MaybeKermit
5 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

She already made it as an actress... and she already has that Oscar. :enigma:

Like what is this world I am being made to believe exists?

You can’t deny that she’s still hungry for an actress Oscar. It’s clear, it’s the way she picks her directors/movies. They always sound amazing and Oscar-hits on paper, but the post production always ends up ruining it.

if she really didnt care about another Oscar she’d be starring in any random low-budget movie to shed light on up and coming directors

InTheCloset

Some positive reviews i found on twitter

1. #JokerFolieADeux is not what you expect. This interpretation of the character is all about risk, how many would follow up a billionaire dollar Oscar success with a musical? They just go all out, it’s the most ambitious, overwhelming (in a great way), intense CBM put to screen.

2. I walked out of #JokerFolieADeux completely floored. Todd Phillips created a poetic and romantic love story that is brilliantly intertwined with music. Joaquin Phoenix delivered again but Lady Gaga is a movie star. She belongs in the Oscar conversation. I loved it.

3. #JokerFolieADeux is a love story in its truest form. It resonates two harsh truths in the finest artistic way possible. They are: 1) Love makes you vulnerable 2) People tends to love a version of you but not the complete you Joaquin Phoenix and Gaga both deserves Oscars

4. #JokerFolieADeux Not everyone will like the musical parts. But this movie creates its own style to stand on its own. The IMAX cameras, Phoenix and Gaga are all outstanding. What an ending.

5. #JokerFolieADeux is BOLD & DARING, exploring mental health and sensationalist media and society's engagement with it. With stunning cinematography and a gripping soundtrack, it dives deep into the Joker's psyche. Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga deliver unforgettable performances.

6. Lady Gaga is *so* good in #JokerFolieADeux. She's incredibly magnetic & shines in scenes with Joaquin Phoenix. It's a shame she's a supporting character. I wouldn't have such a big issue with it had WB not promoted this as a Joker AND Harley film. It's all about Arthur Fleck.

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

lilboyblue
40 minutes ago, MaybeKermit said:

You can’t deny that she’s still hungry for an actress Oscar. It’s clear, it’s the way she picks her directors/movies. They always sound amazing and Oscar-hits on paper, but the post production always ends up ruining it.

if she really didnt care about another Oscar she’d be starring in any random low-budget movie to shed light on up and coming directors

And if that's the case, then she can try and try again. There's still so much time for her. But how does Joker 2 affect her badly when she is being praised for her acting?

The concensus is clear:

"Lady Gaga delivers her best screen performance to date."

Edited by lilboyblue
  • Like 1

InTheCloset
19 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Some positive reviews i found on twitter

1. #JokerFolieADeux is not what you expect. This interpretation of the character is all about risk, how many would follow up a billionaire dollar Oscar success with a musical? They just go all out, it’s the most ambitious, overwhelming (in a great way), intense CBM put to screen.

2. I walked out of #JokerFolieADeux completely floored. Todd Phillips created a poetic and romantic love story that is brilliantly intertwined with music. Joaquin Phoenix delivered again but Lady Gaga is a movie star. She belongs in the Oscar conversation. I loved it.

3. #JokerFolieADeux is a love story in its truest form. It resonates two harsh truths in the finest artistic way possible. They are: 1) Love makes you vulnerable 2) People tends to love a version of you but not the complete you Joaquin Phoenix and Gaga both deserves Oscars

4. #JokerFolieADeux Not everyone will like the musical parts. But this movie creates its own style to stand on its own. The IMAX cameras, Phoenix and Gaga are all outstanding. What an ending.

5. #JokerFolieADeux is BOLD & DARING, exploring mental health and sensationalist media and society's engagement with it. With stunning cinematography and a gripping soundtrack, it dives deep into the Joker's psyche. Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga deliver unforgettable performances.

6. Lady Gaga is *so* good in #JokerFolieADeux. She's incredibly magnetic & shines in scenes with Joaquin Phoenix. It's a shame she's a supporting character. I wouldn't have such a big issue with it had WB not promoted this as a Joker AND Harley film. It's all about Arthur Fleck.

#JokerFolieàDeux is honestly not that bad. Lady Gaga is PHENOMENAL as Harley. Joaquin Phoenix is great as Arthur. The chemistry between them were amazing. This movie has fantastic visuals. The score is amazing and the music is great. 8/10

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 2

InTheCloset
Just now, lilboyblue said:

And if that's the case, then she can try and try again. There's still so much time for her. But how does Joker 2 affect her badly when she is being praised for her acting?

i think her next role should be a relatively low budget film with lesser known directors that ends up becoming a fan favorite a cult classic and an awards winner

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Radio Ga Ga

Echoing other comments saying she still has time

she really does. The movie industry, while it’s ageist, is not as brutally ageist as the pop music industry. You can be an older woman and still have a very successful acting career because people of all ages watch movies whereas mostly only young people listen to pop

• Like 2