Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Folie à Deux (Song)

Joshie S

Featured Posts

Awrah999

My favorite track. So beautiful and underrated. A classic sound. What other modern pop star could write a WALTZ and sing so beautifully on it but Gaga :v:

Starmie25

The gospel vocals took me there!! :giveup:

Major pixar/Disney vibes, but with that slight Gaga twist.

• Like 1

dit

Folie a Deux is the best song on the album. Its a original gem and so unique to her discography. it's beautiful! anyone know if it can be noiminated for Best song at oscars if its used in the movie?

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, dit said:

Folie a Deux is the best song on the album. Its a original gem and so unique to her discography. it's beautiful! anyone know if it can be noiminated for Best song at oscars if its used in the movie?

The movie uses the instrumental version 

A Very Gaga Holida
5 hours ago, TheSine said:

Best song ever. Sorry not sorry. I have it repeated more than Happy Mistake.

The Joker >>>>>>>> Happy Mistake

• Like 1

Joshie S

I love how at the end of the song, those musically inclined, would be expecting for the note to go higher to finish off the song... instead it stays at the same jarring note, intentionally...to give off the chaotic breaking apart feeling... :traumatica:

She's such a genuis 

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Love 1

Creyk

I tried to force myself to like it, but I was not successful. Even though I played it like 10 times.

Lextyr97

Once again, a song written solely by Gaga became one of my favorites. I LOVEEEE the song so much. It makes me so happy. To your point, it reminds me so much of Joanne

Creyk
3 hours ago, dit said:

Yes, it can be nominated as it is the end credits song.

Nessun Dorma

As a Joanne stan, I had the exact thoughts @Joshie S! Folie à Deux is one of my favorite tracks and I love everything about it. The musical composition, the time signature, the choir background! It sounds so church and magical!

It’s impossible to listen to the first verse and not think about Joanne. There’s definitely a reference to it. And as you well pointed, she also refers to the Joanne era with the broken tape, which I understood as the representation of all the pain she went through in that period in her life :ohno:

The falling apart ideia is super interesting, I haven’t thought about it but it totally makes sense!