Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
life

Lady Gaga at a press conference for Joker in LA

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

River
34 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Yeah, but in ASIB, even though Ally is the “star” that is “born,” Jackson has enough screen time to be considered the leading actor. 

In ASIB both were the lead characters, while Bobby Maine was supporting, it's not about screen time because there's no really a criteria for submitting to both categories, but it's more about the plot..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

4SeasonsInADay

The only reason people are talking about Lead or Supporting is due to eyeing nominations. The field in Lead is considered to be quite busy. Everyone is trying to pick their spots to maximise their chances. As award season is just another round of marketing. Which leaves everyone open to category fraud. Saoirse Ronan in 'Blitz' expected to go to Supporting. Not because of screen time, not because of plot, but because she will be going for Lead in 'The Outrun'.

Sidenote:

I also see that Joaquin Phoenix and others press junket interviews are filtering out amongst the Gaga ones. So she's not totally alone in the promoting the film.

Edited by 4SeasonsInADay

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, River said:

In ASIB both were the lead characters, while Bobby Maine was supporting, it's not about screen time because there's no really a criteria for submitting to both categories, but it's more about the plot..

Yeah, but that doesn’t really change the fact that it’s not as if Harley *couldn’t* have been a lead and that the trailers do seem to suggest that she is. Also, the title is literally “madness of two.”

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Thanks 1

River
57 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Yeah, but that doesn’t really change the fact that it’s not as if Harley *couldn’t* have been a lead and that the trailers do seem to suggest that she is. Also, the title is literally “madness of two.”

She’s lead actress in the movie, she’s billed as a lead, but Harley is a supporting character.

For example, Harry Potter is the lead/main character and Ron and Hermione are supporting characters/secondary characters in the story but in the movies all of them were billed as lead, if they were submitted to the Oscar’s Rupert and Emma would compete in the supporting characters.

Ladle Ghoulash
21 minutes ago, River said:

She’s lead actress in the movie, she’s billed as a lead, but Harley is a supporting character.

For example, Harry Potter is the lead/main character and Ron and Hermione are supporting characters/secondary characters in the story but in the movies all of them were billed as lead, if they were submitted to the Oscar’s Rupert and Emma would compete in the supporting characters.

I mean, you’re really either one or the other lmao. If you’re not on screen enough to be considered a lead, you’re not a lead. 

River
43 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I mean, you’re really either one or the other lmao. If you’re not on screen enough to be considered a lead, you’re not a lead. 

she could have been in every scene in the movie but still be considered as a supporting character :poot:

But even if the Oscar's committee will tell u guys this fact, you guys will say that they are wrong :huntyga:

Nicoke Kidman won Best Actress for The Hours and her screen time was 23 min.

David Niven won Best Actor for Separate Tables and his screen time was 15 min

Anthony Hopkins won Best Actor for The Silence of the Lambs and his screen time was 16 min

screen time IS NOT a criteria.

• Like 1

hieronymus
5 hours ago, TAIPEI said:

u ridiculous just watch the video and title, kay?

Learn how to read and research.