❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
question

Why Did POKER FACE Take All Of BAD ROMANCE Thunder?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Years ago we used to debate which was the bigger hit. Poker Face had sold more in pure Sales but Bad Romance had major iconic and cultural impact and the more popular music video.

But in recent years Poker Face has surpassed Bad Romance in daily streams, it is also now getting more daily youtube views despite BR having had the original fav and if it stays like this, one day Poker Face will also surpass BR as the most viewed youtube video (but years from now)

Why is Poker Face the clear early career fav and Bad Romance took a back seat? :oprah:

• Shook 1

AnglerfishbraBENUS

it’s rare for a song as robotic and electronic as Poker Face to sound so timeless so i think people just appreciate it more each year. Bad Romance is prob just a tad harder to digest but honestly Judas and Bloody Mary are probably more of the reason since those are possibly a little more impressive for the younger generation 

• Like 2

Economy
2 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

it’s rare for a song as robotic and electronic as Poker Face to sound so timeless so i think people just appreciate it more each year. Bad Romance is prob just a tad harder to digest but honestly Judas and Bloody Mary are probably more of the reason since those are possibly a little more impressive for the younger generation 

Its definitely a heavier song no doubt about it. But that didnt stop it from being arguably as bug as Poker Face (depending how you measure success)

Why only in the last few years did people switch to consistently listening to and vieweing Poker Face more?

Rahrahbitchson

Is giving Billie Jean vs Thriller

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Like 4

Rahrahbitchson
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Its definitely a heavier song no doubt about it. But that didnt stop it from being arguably as bug as Poker Face (depending how you measure success)

Why only in the last few years did people switch to consistently listening to and vieweing Poker Face more?

I feel like Bad Romance has always got that attention like that treatment in Gaga's songs, so maybe people are tired of streaming it and realize that there was this other iconic song almost like in the level of Bad Romance but somehow kinda outshined by it and they just started vibing again through it 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Like 3

MACATL

I was HOOKED the first time I heard poker face.  There was such a playful, sexy element to it and chord progressions in the chorus from minor to major were so cool.  I’d vote it above Bad Romance as well.  

• Like 1

Lucas

In my opinion (and I wish I'd never have to say that), Bad Romance is starting to age very badly. The production is sounding SO dated now that even I don't listen to it anymore even though I consider it one of the best songs of all time.

It's honestly time to make a remastered version of the song to give it a more clear sound.

• Love 2

VTV

Face card, MV, and dance pop. Right place at the right time. 

lady-gaga-2542-1920x1200.jpg

AEn0k_uHkRoA7RLWmXiUA9ZAyUvFiEb5q-hCbZgX

which-artwork-would-fit-better-as-poker-face-art-cover-v0-zy8xsnhctucc1.jpg?width=3464&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c693c60c033e94972a3a4aa2f77dc833ddfe12cf

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Arcanum

I remember thinking BR was like PF no.2 when it was first released and what kinda irritated me was that it was progressing slowly until the full throat chorus. The years have passed and I shoved it down my throat like a big fat happy pill, but first impressions are first impressions!

PF on the other hand was an instant hook. I think in terms of legacy they deserve the same spot, so I don't mind it going on top.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

killme89

Because it’s the song that made me a fan 😎 also TikTok that’s prob why , there’s like 2 versions that are always being used