Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

DWAS - USA Radio Interesting Fact Analysis

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://kworb.net/radio/

Check the days of the songs on the chart. The ENTIRE TOP 45 has been there longer than DWAS... in fact, the vast majority, A LOT LONGER

DWAS is there for 30 days making it the youngest single in the top 45. Only 4 or 5 other songs are there for 37 to 60 days on the entire top 45

Were thinking radio is hating this song... but is radio just becoming a lot slower to accept songs and keeping old ones a lot longer? Tho i suppose that also means fewer songs become radio mega hits at all :oprah:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Economy

Many ppl who DO listen to radio still now hyberdize it with their own play lists and blue tooth now sometimes just turning on their radio on way to work when they lazy and other times putting on their own music 

I myself do this, i still listen to radio sometimes but a lot less than in the past

I wonder if a consequence of more spuradic radio listening results in a longer time to learn new music (if its not the tyoe of artist u follow on streaming) resulting in slower familiarity and acceptance of a song

Meanwhile it also means once a song catchs on with radio audience, it takes longer for people to get tired of it (since radio listens are more cadual and spread out). Once a radio hit is in, it will take a longer time to burn out, blocking many songs from a chance at their run :huh:

Edited by Economy

Economy

@Real Panda @Shyane @loathereality @datlastfam

@Noir @HermesGr @Ladymars

@Juanlittlem

Tagging some regulars from our daily charts thread discussions who might be interested in discussing as this thread is going unnoticed :lmao:

I apologize if I missed any regulars from from charts section I promise ur not reductive :ladyhaha:

also i forgot which of yall I was discussing radio dynamics on callout scores from but i wonder if this can partially explain slow ascent as well?

Edited by Economy
Typo
  • Like 3

27monster27

Yeah I have definitely noticed that radio is becoming a bit slower to play new songs nowadays.

Granted, in early 2013 songs from 2011 were getting regular airplay, so who knows. At least that was in New England and radio there (especially Rhode Island) can be a bit unique.

he/him/his
  • Like 2

Fck I luv Art

Yesterday, I heard DWAS at a French popular radio :enigma:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

Juanlittlem

Sia's unstoppable being in top 60 with 800 days is wild. Idk why radio is always so slow to get new stuff. 

I feel the main spanish radio hasnt even considered getting DWAS into their playlist and it always happen that they put new songs after a month or even more :messga:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1

Linus Gaga

Idk here in Australia they always play the same ones like Love Game by Gaga, Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran something like that.

Hit me a message and say hi !
  • Like 2

Real Panda

@Economy we cant do anything about this. I tweeted out so many requests which I dont believe do anything. I have come to terms with the fact that Gaga simply isnt whats "hot" on radio anymore and thats okay.

Yes, during the first 3 weeks of tracking Die With A Smile on US radio, I have noticed that songs that debuted in 2023 are still getting more plays than any new songs. Songs like Flowers, Lose Control, Fast Car, etc. 

We are at Week #6 already and the song hasnt entered Top 20 overall and yes I know it has reached Top 10 on (Sub) formats like AC and Hot AC. We need to stop stressing over this and collectively focus our efforts on streaming where we can make a difference. The song is #1 on Global Charts.

Edited by Real Panda

Economy
27 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

@Economy we cant do anything about this. I tweeted out so many requests which I dont believe do anything. I have come to terms with the fact that Gaga simply isnt whats "hot" on radio anymore and thats okay.

Yes, during the first 3 weeks of tracking Die With A Smile on US radio, I have noticed that songs that debuted in 2023 are still getting more plays than any new songs. Songs like Flowers, Lose Control, Fast Car, etc. 

We are at Week #6 already and the song hasnt entered Top 20 overall and yes I know it has reached Top 10 on (Sub) formats like AC and Hot AC. We need to stop stressing over this and collectively focus our efforts on streaming where we can make a difference. The song is #1 on Global Charts.

I kinda agree but i didnt make this thread to really stress tk try to make them play it more. I know we cant dk anything

Im merely trying to.understand how radio dynamics have seemed to have changed and why :shrug:

Shyane

It is my understanding that unless you pay for payola, the natural rise of a popular song takes a long while. 

P.S. a payola example, the weekend new single is already #36 with only 6 days.

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, Shyane said:

It is my understanding that unless you pay for payola, the natural rise of a popular song takes a long while. 

P.S. a payola example, the weekend new single is already #36 with only 6 days

And at its current rate, it will surpass DWAS in about 5 days.

Radio points really need to be cut down again for the hot100.

Economy
4 hours ago, jacs vs looser said:

And at its current rate, it will surpass DWAS in about 5 days.

Radio points really need to be cut down again for the hot100.

What is Radios current weight factor for billboard?

AnglerfishbraBENUS

the average person probably just wants things they know. honestly most aren’t even listening to find new music, just want a soundtrack to drown out the burdens of life 

• Like 1

jacs vs looser
5 hours ago, Economy said:

What is Radios current weight factor for billboard?

According to my calculations, about 1.24 points per 1 million radio airplay. 

As an example, If Radio points were cut by half, DWAS would've been either No. 3 or 2 this week instead of No. 4.

Edited by jacs vs looser
  • Like 1