💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

achievement

Joker 2 projected to open $68M

dit

Featured Posts

erfaan
13 minutes ago, dit said:

People picked up that Gaga was demure and mindful during the Venice premier and she seemed almost unengaged. They also picked up that Joaquin and todd seemed very click-ish and made Gaga seem out of place / like third wheel. Obviously tyhey probably have deeper relationship since they worked together before Gaga but it might also be indicative of some kind of weird dynamic going on between everyone which may be causing some delay / or less enthusiastic promo run for this sequel tbh

It's all so weird. Especially compared to how much Ariana/Cynthia are promoting Wicked, which is two months away...

• Like 2

Phantomhive

Knew some people were a little too optimistic with that "it can only go up from here!" when the 70m projection was announced :icant: Thought WB would be a little more alarmed and would do something more to hype the movie up other than post a few more teasers online but that doesn't seem to be the case :alsemanche:

In I fly on wings of winter.

FATCAT
Just now, RickMonster98 said:

We just need it to break even:alsemanche:

It will, right? :alsemanche:

Yes, if it pulls in $90M domestically in its first week that's more than half the budget in the US alone

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 4

Cpeer

It’s a type of movie that you don’t know what to expect, so a lot of people are aware of it but won’t go in the first day/weekend. 

Even I, if I wasn’t a Gaga fan, would not go watch it the first weekend, I would wait for the reaction and go in at a later date

• Like 1

Luna Lovegood
21 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Yes, if it pulls in $90M domestically in its first week that's more than half the budget in the US alone

okay yeah I just hope it manages to break even atp 😭 were the 100M projection even true anyways? I remember words were throwing around about how it’s gonna open 100M and now it’s project opening 68M. Not a colossal flop but still people were hyping up for a big opening for no reason 

luna’s advocate

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Luna Lovegood said:

okay yeah I just hope it manages to break even atp 😭 were the 100M projection even true anyways? I remember words were throwing around about how it’s gonna open 100M and now it’s project opening 68M. Not a colossal flop but still people were hyping up for a big opening for no reason 

A lot of these "projections" are just educated guesses, they can be completely wrong in either direction. Plus, even if a projection turns out to be accurate, first week numbers aren't the end of the story. Aquaman (2018) is another example of this, it was branded a flop-on-arrival and it ended up grossing over $1B. It's first week numbers were $60M too.

Purr more, hiss less.

skaxboy
1 hour ago, dit said:

It seems that moviegoers are just not as interested in Joaquin Phoenix's Arthur Fleck as they were the first time around

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mh73cu9on7q1wnlv7ng

tumblr_nm7frabw3Q1tdnvrao1_500.gif

These sort of comic book news style sites are clickbait af. I had to stop visiting these because they always have crappy headlines by “freelance writers” like “This Marvel character was rumored to be the main villain in Deadpool x Wolverine.” And the source is just some “close reliable source.” It’s flat out boring and desperate for engagement. 

These are some of that “writer’s” recent headlines (headlines in “”)

“John Cena to Star in New Movie Based on Popular Mattel Toyline”

Matchbox toy cars is the toy line. 

“Andor Star Boards Godzilla x Kong Director's New Action Movie”

Adria Arjona (Andor) will star in Adam Wingard's “Onslaught” movie 

“Max's Harry Potter Reboot Series Gets Release Update”

Late 2026/2027 is the release update 

“Crystal Lake: Release Window for Friday the 13th Prequel Series Teased by Director”

They write these enticing headlines and you have to read a few paragraphs for the meat of the story. Lazy journalism if you can call it journalism. 

Edited by skaxboy
  • LMAO 2

dit
13 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It's so interesting to see everyone freaking out about this, the film is still very likely to cross half a billion dollars worldwide, more than triple a budget that was already low for similar films. Just be patient yall. 

it is project to do 700M worldwide actually! this will do fine in the end! I think ppl are worrying too much.

Ultimately this is a beautiful addition to Gaga's filmography 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
Just now, dit said:

it is project to do 700M worldwide actually! this will do fine in the end! I think ppl are worrying too much.

Ultimately this is a beautiful addition to Gaga's filmography 

Yea I think people have PTSD from HoG lmao

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dit
Just now, FATCAT said:

Yea I think people have PTSD from HoG lmao

the funniest thing is that Haus of Coochie actually did AMAZING for the type of movie it is and especially during pandemic! it almost did 200M...for that type of non action, non romance type of movie it really performed well! only issue was reviews obviously but Gaga's performance was praised and she was nominated in most big aweards hsows exept Oscars sadly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
1 minute ago, dit said:

the funniest thing is that Haus of Coochie actually did AMAZING for the type of movie it is and especially during pandemic! it almost did 200M...for that type of non action, non romance type of movie it really performed well! only issue was reviews obviously but Gaga's performance was praised and she was nominated in most big aweards hsows exept Oscars sadly

Yea if she had gotten nominated it would be a huge success story to the fanbase lol

Not to say the film as a whole was amazing, it had its issues, but her performance was phenomenal

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Thanks 2

Starmie25

Am I the only person who doesn't buy tickets a month ahead of the premiere.

Is it maybe more an American thing?

Bradley

It may be less than the first film but it's still a record breaker for Gaga's career.

A Star Is Born: $42 million opening

House of Gucci: $22 million opening (remember this was post-pandemic)

Joker: Folie a Deux: $68 million opening

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• FATCAT changed the title to Joker 2 projected to open $68M