celeb

Chappell Roan hopes she won't win Grammy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Lucas
1 minute ago, Vengaboy said:

And now you’re complaining so well done for keeping the negative energy alive :trollga:

You're a smartass aren't you? Here's a medal!
video game winner GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

• Like 2

Economy
5 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

why do you all call her she's not handling it well? I think it's perfectly okay to say it's hard to become famous. Imagine a new breakout MALE star would say something like this. People would say 'omg he's so against the rules yaasss so hot omg' or something like this while she's literally being called 'difficult' after 0.5 sec of being allowed to voice criticism. that's literally misogyny and ya'll don't realize

If it was a male artist on GGD 100% hed get criticized just as much and for having an ego etc

• Thanks 14

NATAH

some of you are way too harsh on her... it feels like she can't say anything anymore without everybody going "WELL STOP BEING FAMOUS THEN" when she's just having a kii...

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Nycboy

Honestly can people please stop comparing her to Gaga? Gaga was so much more gracious. Yes she played by the rules and respected the established system, but because of that, she is respected today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Lucas
8 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

why do you all call her she's not handling it well? I think it's perfectly okay to say it's hard to become famous. Imagine a new breakout MALE star would say something like this. People would say 'omg he's so against the rules yaasss so hot omg' or something like this while she's literally being called 'difficult' after 0.5 sec of being allowed to voice criticism. that's literally misogyny and ya'll don't realize

oh there we go if anyone makes a critic about a female artist it's automatically misogyny...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

chromaticainmyhead
Just now, Economy said:

If it was a male artist on GGD 100% hed get criticized just as much and for having an ego etc

you're right, but I feel like people are so eager to cancel her just as fast as they were hoping for a new pop girl coming who follows Gaga's footsteps. Maybe she's trying to break some rules for the better good lol Gaga was called difficult so many times

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Like 1

chromaticainmyhead
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

oh there we go if anyone makes a critic about a female artist it's automatically misogyny...

I'm not saying her behavior should be 100% defended, but it happens to women so much faster to being called a brat than a man. And even on such a "small" scale it matters to raise awareness about this. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

faysalaaa
3 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

I'm not saying her behavior should be 100% defended, but it happens to women so much faster to being called a brat than a man. And even on such a "small" scale it matters to raise awareness about this. 

Men are called more douche bags than women are

Economy
10 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

you're right, but I feel like people are so eager to cancel her just as fast as they were hoping for a new pop girl coming who follows Gaga's footsteps. Maybe she's trying to break some rules for the better good lol Gaga was called difficult so many times

Its probably just a new artist persona. She has to gain attention and stand out

Personally, Gaga didnt feel fully genuine to me either until like 2014 onwards. Before that shed have reactions or say things in interviews I was constantly questioning

• Like 2

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Economy said:

She has to gain attention and stand out

and what better way to court attention than trying to shoo people away/complain about the 'limelight'. that just attracts more of it. 

`${'📅' * 5}`.repeat(10) + ' Batman!';
  • Like 3

faysalaaa
25 minutes ago, Vicixs said:

I think she was hoping to be the Marina of our time with a few popular songs, B-list fame, and a stable fan base; and is instead being blown up so much, that she's actually not able to cope.

She can easily control the kind of fame level she gets. One example is not going to the VMA's and continue having a strong fanbase. And dont submit your songs to radio and awards.

Edited by faysalaaa
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

OliviaRodrigoStan

Is she aware that she can retire anytime, right? :laughga:. Like, babes, you've been here for 5 minutes, you can go, it's fine :ladyhaha:

She is within her right to express how she feels, but maybe she should exploit her aversion to fame to her advantage, stop giving interviews and just play the mysterious, elusive artist. If she's gonna whine about exposure in each and every single interview, IDK what's the point of continuing to put herself in the spotlight, if all she's gonna do is complain :partysick:

Just make your music, do your shows, and avoid the rest (press, fan interaction, etc) . It's what ~many~ musicians do, and it's completely valid. It's what I would do if I was in that position, TBH. 

But to continue putting yourself in that place, to perpetually let us know that you don't like it... :sharon:. Like gurl, you can go, nobody cares, lol. 

I do understand her, I know it's a terrible business, but it's the one that she chose :air:. Whatever, Chappell bestie, you do you :classy:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 6