movie

Disney told Pixar to make Inside Out 2’s Riley less gay

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

The apparent hesitance to touch on LGBTQ themes storylines in particular affected Inside Out 2’s development, according to several of our sources. Multiple people recall hearing about continuous notes to make Riley, the main character of both Inside Out movies, come across as “less gay,” leading to numerous edits that ramped up around September 2023 after the resolution of the WGA strike. Sources describe rumors that there was special care put into making the relationship between Riley and Val, a supporting character introduced in Inside Out 2, seem as platonic as possible, even requiring edits to the lighting and tone of certain scenes to remove any trace of “romantic chemistry.” One source describes it as "just doing a lot of extra work to make sure that no one would potentially see them as not straight."

Didymus

Funny, because literally my first thought seeing them together was omg are they gonna fall in love?? And I was so here for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bionic

The hot dad is much likely to turn a boy gay than Riley turn someone a lesbian

buy bionic
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 12
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 4

Rahrahbitchson

Off topic but Luca deserved this success, want a sequel for Luca so baaaaad

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Thanks 1

Galagala

Disney should not force every film to feature LGBT+/diverse characters. Their intention is so obvious that I sometimes feel cringe... It's like there's a formula when they write the screenplay.

Edited by Galagala
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

NATAH
11 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Disney should not force every film to feature LGBT+/diverse characters. Their intention is so obvious that I sometimes feel cringe... It's like there's a formula when they write the screenplay.

absolutely, disney TOTALLY needs more all-white all-straight movies!! they simply do not have enough!!!!!

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 2

weed
17 minutes ago, Galagala said:

"Disney forced animators to remove LGBT+ suggestions" ... sure, maybe they'll put 2 moms in a background scene lol but they are not Miss Woke.

• Like 2

Red

Last time I criticized Disney for “supporting” Pride but making heteronormative content people crucified me but time has absolvedme again and again 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

IWantYourLove
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Funny, because literally my first thought seeing them together was omg are they gonna fall in love?? And I was so here for it.

Literally like you’re telling me that it wasn’t an intentionally accurate representation of a young girl crushing on another girl like what :laughga:

IWantYourLove
2 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

One source describes it as "just doing a lot of extra work to make sure that no one would potentially see them as not straight."

Is this a joke it was one of the gayest things I’ve seen in a movie all year