opinion

Gaga Spotify Monthly Listeners Rollbacm Effect To Begin

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Just thought id share a reminder that DWAS is now about 30 days old. This means any new listener that started counting towards Gagas listener gains when DWAS first came out will now be rolled back unless they continued to listen to the song. 

While many new ones will still be added there will also be some rolling off going forward making gains more challenging

Not saying her numbers cant still rise further (100M would be a dream :giveup:) but just saying it probably wont rise as fast going forward and may plateau. Hopefully getting another push after Joker 2 and LG7 lead :party:

Edited by Economy
Typo
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion

I read that it was expected to decrease today. But increased. Does this mean the song is beating be rolling effect’s usual downtown?

VTV

They better release that pro shot asap

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.

androiduser
28 minutes ago, ARTPOPistah said:

Could you please explain the mechanism? Not getting it

the listeners that were added to an artist because they listened to the new song (in this case) don't stay forever, if they don't continue listening to the said artist, they are deducted from the total because they didn't continue supporting the artist. That's why numbers go up and down.

Shyane

Guys, don't fret. It's going to be okay. I explained in another thread and I'm pasting my response here:

The 28-day rolling effect of Spotify won't necessarily do anything if listeners continue to listen to your music. Also there is nothing magical about the first 28 days to increase monthly listeners and nothing detrimental after the first 28 days as long as listeners keep listening to your music. 

If a song is not reaching new listeners and start to decrease in listeners, it drops everywhere including spotify and other ploatforms like youtube, apple music. However, say if your song is very strong and can keep listeners interested and serves longevity, it's not like spotify is going to drop you after 28 days, the rolling effect of spotify won't do anything as long as people keep listening to your music. I think in the case of DWAS, we won't need to worry about anything, it serves longevity for sure and won't be threatened by what is so-called the rolling effect.

Basically, for every individual who listens to any Gaga songs in the last 28 days, you are counted as 1 in the calculation of monthly listener. Spotify used 28 day as a parameter not 31 day because the number of days in each month is different and they thought a 4-week period is more fair. This is what the "rolling effect" of spotify is based on, which I think is confusing, because it really is just the result of their calculation method. Spotify is NOT dropping your music after 28 days.

Just keep streaming!

• Thanks 1

Economy
37 minutes ago, Shyane said:

Guys, don't fret. It's going to be okay. I explained in another thread and I'm pasting my response here:

The 28-day rolling effect of Spotify won't necessarily do anything if listeners continue to listen to your music. Also there is nothing magical about the first 28 days to increase monthly listeners and nothing detrimental after the first 28 days as long as listeners keep listening to your music. 

If a song is not reaching new listeners and start to decrease in listeners, it drops everywhere including spotify and other ploatforms like youtube, apple music. However, say if your song is very strong and can keep listeners interested and serves longevity, it's not like spotify is going to drop you after 28 days, the rolling effect of spotify won't do anything as long as people keep listening to your music. I think in the case of DWAS, we won't need to worry about anything, it serves longevity for sure and won't be threatened by what is so-called the rolling effect.

Basically, for every individual who listens to any Gaga songs in the last 28 days, you are counted as 1 in the calculation of monthly listener. Spotify used 28 day as a parameter not 31 day because the number of days in each month is different and they thought a 4-week period is more fair. This is what the "rolling effect" of spotify is based on, which I think is confusing, because it really is just the result of their calculation method. Spotify is NOT dropping your music after 28 days.

Just keep streaming!

I agree if ppl keep listening the numbers can hold, but a few ppl rolling off is something we have to contend with now so id still expect numbers to start plateauing soon (but hopefully hold for now)

Economy
1 hour ago, ARTPOPistah said:

Could you please explain the mechanism? Not getting it

To add to what @androiduser said, the 7 day rollback effect you get on daily radio charts that track the last week is a good parallel to help visualize. 

songs can only increase the 1st 7 days because each days A.I gets added. But on the 8th day the rollback effect kicks in and each new days radio plays replaces the oldest day and if the increase isnt higher than the last day, the rollback causes the weekly numbers to drop

in the case of monthly spotify listeners, the listeners from 28 days ago that first heard DWAS get erased. They only remain on chart if they kept listening thru out the month

It gets harder to keep raising the number cuz u have to gain new listeners while keeping old ones that will roll off if they dont keep listening. So far so good tho

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

the listeners that were added to an artist because they listened to the new song (in this case) don't stay forever, if they don't continue listening to the said artist, they are deducted from the total because they didn't continue supporting the artist. That's why numbers go up and down.

Economy
1 hour ago, Leoj305 said:

I think it began a day ago, it’s every 28 days no? 

Thats what ppl are saying so i guess so