opinion

Is Gaga moving on from joker too fast

RenegAde

Featured Posts

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

I get the feeling that she doesn't want to be saying things that get turned into memes again or seen as being over the top since there were rumors last time that it was affecting her oscar nom chances for HOG. There are still people making the 100 people in the room joke and saying she seemed fake/insincere

i don’t think people thought she seemed fake or insincere. i thought they were lol’ing because it was pure earnestly, which makes it camp

Defmix100
18 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i don’t think people thought she seemed fake or insincere. i thought they were lol’ing because it was pure earnestly, which makes it camp

both "fake" and "insincere" are verbatim what I've seen even on the recent press thing she did for Joker. They could be haters but a lot seem to be gp who I think don't take singers turned actors as seriously as they deserve

StrawberryBlond

She's barely even begun. She has no song for it this time (sounds as if it might be an instrumental but not an actual song) so there's no performance to do. She's already gone to the Venice Film Festival and she'll be promoting on Graham Norton on the 27th. Apart from the premiere in the US and maybe London, what else is there? Posters and tv trailers will do the rest. The movie will sell itself. Actors don't need to promote in the way that singers do (and even they don't promote anymore). 

chathonnete

Maybe she will promote the movie during 2-3 weeks in end of September/October, than release the single the last week of October ? Everyone will have Gaga in their mind thanks to the movie and want to listen to her again

Sneaky Oliver

I hope she moves on as soon as the film drops tbh :ohwell:

this is kinda how film industry works, isn’t it? The actors promote the film shortly before it gets released and then show up for awards season. It’s not like music industry that artists keep popping up everywhere to promote different singles and stuff 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

pachinko
5 hours ago, dit said:

Anyone else kind of pick up the vibe that Gaga isn’t as passionate about Joker as she was Haus of Coochie and ASIB? I feel like maybe she did not know she would be relegated to supporting actress in the film so she became a little disenchanted and disappointed in a way. I’m sure she’s still super proud but apparently she truly is a supporting role in the film instead of co lead. 

So is she to blame? She signed up for this.

androiduser

if the movie underperforms, she will probably want to move on as soon as possible and detach herself from the project as much as she can