đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

opinion

Is Gaga moving on from joker too fast

RenegAde

Featured Posts

erfaan

A movie gets very little promo after the second week of the movie. A little shocked she isn't doing more promo for the movie now. I fully expected a few more international visits and media. She absolutely should've come down to Australia for a press tour. 

SlowLoris

No.  Im glad she's more focused on music this time around.  The acting stuff always gets in the way of the reasons I love her as an artist.

princedeeblebleble
6 hours ago, Jack3257 said:

I honestly wonder if as a fanbase we have overestimated Gaga’s involvement in Joker.  We always kinda knew it would be a supporting role, but I think Gaga isn’t as prominent as we were expecting.  That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but Gaga may have taken the film partly because she would be less involved than she was with ASIB or HOG and she could still work on the film without as big of a disruption to her music.

Looking at the promo material, if you put someone next to the main character in a poster, you'd expect theyd have the same share of the spotlight, no? I guess that's why a lot of people, even critics, were surprised by the lack of Gaga. 

• Like 1

erfaan
7 hours ago, princedeeblebleble said:

Looking at the promo material, if you put someone next to the main character in a poster, you'd expect theyd have the same share of the spotlight, no? I guess that's why a lot of people, even critics, were surprised by the lack of Gaga. 

And the movie is literally called "madness of two" :selena:

• Like 1

robotvoiceinalice

not saying anyone isn't hyped for the movie i just don't think its high on peoples minds especially when we are a month from hearing the lead single, the movie would be cute but not the main thing iygm

Tinnitus15

lol and we were SURE she’s doing non-stop promo lol. This promo ain’t it. 
im sorry but wicked(which comes out in November) has been getting an Olympic spot, Super Bowl trailer, 2 new trailers with new scenes(unlike joker with this f**k “you’re  joker” line). Like where’s the promo lmfao? 

Edited by Tinnitus15

chewing on pearls

personally enjoy that her approach to promoting this film has been more subdued... instead of acting like this film is the best thing since sliced bread, she's been playing it cool and will let her performance speak for itself. I think she felt a little burned after HOG promo... she spoke so highly of that film and did SO MUCH promo for it.  ultimately her performance got questionable reviews and the film was snubbed for awards season, after being a rushed post-pandemic production to get people back in theaters. personally I think Gaga was great in that role, but it wasn't the award-buzz film the press tour tried to make it (and that's okay!!). not to mention it felt clear that Gaga was the centerpiece of that film, whereas with Joker that's not the case. 

she's still learning how to be a movie star, but I think the way she showed up in venice was the most "hollywood actress" she's ever seemed – she was pretty serious, not too hyperbolic, and was speaking to her own talents in a subtle way that might help book her next acting gig. 

salty like sodium
On 9/15/2024 at 2:55 PM, RenegAde said:

Even though my initial guess was right that lg7 will come next year, im still suprised that the lead single is coming so soon around the release of joker. And the fact that she announced it around joker premier is weird cuz iv never seen Gaga overlap eras like this.

Promoting her single/album and also doing press for a movie that also has music is a bit out of character for her. We saw how she poured her heart and soul and put her music on hold for the past 2 movies she did. What's different about joker? Why

she wants to get those new fans converted while she's still "relevant" from the joker press. or maybe she agrees with the reviews, dislikes the movie, and wants to distract people from it with bopsand bangers, idk :messga:

• YAAAS 1

Bronco
1 hour ago, Tinnitus15 said:

lol and we were SURE she’s doing non-stop promo lol. This promo ain’t it. 
im sorry but wicked(which comes out in November) has been getting an Olympic spot, Super Bowl trailer, 2 new trailers with new scenes(unlike joker with this f**k “you’re  joker” line). Like where’s the promo lmfao? 

Honestly I think part of it is that it's a sequel to a film that has a major cult audience around it so the studio execs probaby are playing a core audience strategy. Which atm seems to be minimal promotion of the musical aspect & every focus on the aspects of the 1st film that it's dedicated fans loved. 

Wicked in comparison is a musical movie, which for Broadway/West End lovers is a very very scary idea as stage to film adaptations are notoriously **** lol So the big promo thing is about trying to push people beyond their fear of a film adaptation into buying opening weekend cinema tickets & capitalise on just how ****ing massive Wicked is as a musical. There's lots of people who haven't ever gone to Broadway/the West End or a touring production due to cost - cinema is signifcantly cheaper as a general rule so "nows the chance". 

• Like 1

Jawline4dayz
On 9/15/2024 at 9:03 AM, NATAH said:

tbh what more can she do? the pre-recorded promo will be released over time, she will attend the premieres, the movie will come out early october... what's left to do? :volantis:

i'm betting LG7 lead will come mid/late october, once press for the movie is over! there's no point her sitting in silence until (potentially :madge:) oscar season

SNL!! She can do both Joker and promote her single! Second performance can be DWAS with surprise guest Bruno. And she can play a very stupid Laura Loomer, make it funny, and win an Emmy for Guest Actress in a Variety Sketch Show.

:vegas: 

• YAAAS 1