Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
music news

Katy Perry has won Most Iconic Performance at the VMAs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Well, that was unexpected. But the more you think about it, it's totally expected. Katy hasn't won a VMA in years, or any major award for that matter. The Vanguard isn't a typical award seeing as you don't have competition, you're just announced as the recipient that year. Capitol really wanted this era to start with a bang so they bought an actual award for her so she could say she won a VMA during this album cycle. It makes no logical sense that she won against artists with bigger fanbases and currently more successful albums whilst her career is currently in the toilet. Makes the rigged nature of it so blatant and ridiculous. If you're going to buy an award, make it believable. We can add this to the list of the many Katy vs. Gaga moments, up there with California Gurls vs Alejandro, Last Friday Night vs. Judas, Roar vs. Applause, BTWB vs. Prism tour and now Katy buying an award in the same category Gaga was nominated in and (if data is correct) rightfully won, courtesy of fans. In a way, this is even worse than Roar vs. Applause because at least Katy rightfully got more downloads than Gaga and charted better. But here, Gaga got more votes than her and won the whole thing fair and square and Katy stole her earned award. Literal theft.

Oh, that is it. She can forget any hope of Gaga fans finally moving on from from years of animosity and bitterness. Now we really have a reason to hate. Hope the word spreads about this. Looks like her lack of hits isn't the only thing that's going to end her career. Proof that she bought awards mean her goose is cooked.

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Nite

Lmao I'm so glad I went to bed after seeing the Tortilla chip on the red carpet

Not even Katy believes this is deserved bffr :ladyhaha: 

Controversiaga

She bought bots

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Gagaism

This is actually a lack of respect tb quite honest and to say the least. I can’t believe this just happened. 

• Like 1

angelduuh

pathetic, the most unforgettable and worst performance of them all, and it's not like I hate Katy, but it's the truth.

bowlsofbrett

This was a shock. I mean, over Britney, Madonna, and Xtina’s performance and Madonna’s “Like A Virgin”?

Edited by bowlsofbrett

TortureMeOnReplay
3 hours ago, Real Panda said:

Congratulations to Katy Perry, I'm sure this award would look good next to your Gra-

Inb4 Katy announces a tour, cancels it halfway through, collects the insurance money, and uses it to buy a Grammy. 

SlaeUrAnus

Na, I’ve lost the VERY little respect I’ve had for the VMA’s now.

This performance shouldn’t have even been nominated.

In my messy era.