Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Anyone else disappointed that LG has calmed down when talking about social issues

Monstermilo

Featured Posts

Yes.

She had no trouble campaigning for Clinton and Biden so why not Kamala?

Incredibly disappointing to see her take a back seat when the stakes have never been higher.

• LMAO 1

LaLa

I have no doubt she'll endorse Kamala. Last election she didn't start getting involved until about mid-October. I remember this same conversation about "when is she going to say something?!" and then she started doing those cute videos and eventually spoke at a rally and then sang at the dang inauguration. 

We all know where she stands, let it play out. 

• Like 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i think she can think for herself and do what she wants lol

after hearing her so casually saying she performed with Covid at TCB compared to spending a year of her life working to get funding etc and beating Trump- she sees the world in a more nuanced way than before and maybe doesn’t take so much so srsly.

Then again, we have no idea what she’s doing behind closed doors with all these billionaires. She basically single handedly dismantled don’t ask don’t tell remember? lol 

LG666

No. I don't rely on celebrities to speak publicly about anything nor do I expect them to. It's unrealistic and complex/nuanced. We need to shift away from a culture demanding this and we need to normalize not relying on celebrities to speak on social issues. 

• Like 3

jackweller

No. Gaga’s done so much over the years, and talking politics always causes a stir. It seems to me that she really just wants to live her life in peace now, and doesn’t need all the drama that comes with it. You say that it doesn’t take much to post about something. But why do something for the sake of doing it when your heart’s not in it and you don't commit yourself to make a difference the way Gaga did with the One World for example. It’s become so calculated and so many celebrities post about serious issues because they feel like they need to or because everyone else is doing it but deep down really they don’t care. So I don’t have an issue with Gaga staying quiet. It’s her right to do so and she’s shown over the years what her stance is on social and political issues and that she’s not indifferent to the suffering of others.

Cameltoe Chariot

No, because it's obvious what her politics are. Gaga is considered one of the most liberal/left contemporary celebs out there to like 99% of the world's population, and was a key part (if not the face) of the gay rights movement from 2008 to 2013 at LEAST.

She's campaigned and marched for LGBTQ+ rights and freedoms, is not afraid of wealth taxes, she has consistently campaigned for the democrats and even sang at the last inauguration... she was even hand picked for a position on the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.

On the night of Trump's election win, she was outside of Trump Tower in NYC protesting:

GTY-lady-gaga-ml-161109_16x9_1600.jpg

And even held a free community space for LGBTQ+ fans and allies who were upset about the election that night.

Like... I'm sorry, but we don't exist in a time vacuum. Gaga has been outspoken for so long and there is literally thousands of hours of footage out there online that are evidence of this. Like how much more does she need to do? Truly?

Lextyr97

We know Gaga does plenty without announcing for the world. I think that’s enough. She’s done enough and as mentioned, she gets dragged no matter what so she can keep her beliefs private. We know what she stands for already. She doesn’t HAVE to say anything

JoanneMonster

She literally posted every single day lesding up to the 2020 election. Dont worry, she will endorse Kamala. But maybe she wont speak about it this early. She is obviously a democrat and she is against trump, everybody knows that. 

She also liked taylor’s post for all of you doubting her

I See You

Fck I luv Art

She also didn't spoke sbt the war between Russia and Ukraine... Well I think that she and Michael are very discreet cause they doesn't like dramas.

She obviously voted for Kamala but hey she received so much hate with giving her support to Biden... Some Republicans keep bullying her online for being a liberal. Isn't she the co-chair committee on the Arts and the Humanities ? She's still does politics but doesn't seek attention. She's a human she has her boundaries.

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

TheARTPOPball

Honestly, No. 

I’m getting bored of people pressuring pop stars and celebrities to disclose who they are voting for. Its odd. Ballots are private for a reason, 

I get that they have influence, but i also find it weird that people are almost waiting for their favorite celebrities “permission” or being influenced by them to vote one way or another. It seems dystopian. Most big pop stars are way too out of touch from reality to be telling regular working class citizens what they should be voting for. I wouldn’t vote a certain way if some random lady on the street told me who she endorses, and nor should any body do so because of Gaga. It really doesn't matter.

We are all Lady Gaga fans because we enjoy her artistry and music. She is not a politician. She has done more activism in the first few years of her career that most have down throughout their entire lives. So, if she chooses to keep her beliefs and endorsements private, let her. 

SpadesToStart

Gaga has always been known as an extremely liberal individual with a highly progressive and politically active fan base. I would bet 95% of the people she has any significant influence over are already registered and voting blue up and down their ballot.

She doesn’t need to endorse Kamala for people to know where she stands. Her and Taylor have very different spheres of influence and histories. (Though for the record, I think we will see Kamala endorsement and get out the vote efforts from Gaga later on)