question

Why Did Gaga Underperform In Canada Since 2013 Onward?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Seriously, Canada slayed harder on the charts here than anywhere. She went #1 here before anywhere else. Her album The Fame was also available in Canada before even in the US cuz they rush released it there.

Proof, her chart History:

Just Dance #1 (4 weeks)

Poker Face #1 (9 weeks)

Love Game #2

Paparazzi #3

Bad Romance #1 (2 weeks)

Telephone #3

Alejandro #4

Born This Way #1 (7 weeks)

Judas #8

Edge Of Glory #3

You And I #10

Marry The Night #11 :enigma:

Applause #4

DWUW #3

After that from Joanne era onwards her chart performance has consistently been below the US on the charts.

DWAS is no exeption. It has spent most of the time outside top 20 on apple music (occasionally going up to like #15 at the most) and mostly #5 or lower on spotify

Im like :neyde:

Edited by Economy

• Economy changed the title to Why Did Gaga Underperform In Canada Since 2013 Onward?
Just A Holy Fool

Canada is in its flop era in more ways than Gaga popularity I am sorry to say. 

• LMAO 4

Economy
Just now, Just A Holy Fool said:

Canada is in its flop era in more ways than Gaga popularity I am sorry to say. 

Canada does keep deteriorating in every category. I guess its affecting music taste too :toofunny:

• Like 1

Just A Holy Fool
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Canada does keep deteriorating in every category. I guess its affecting music taste too :toofunny:

People are too busy working their multiple jobs just to afford a studio apartment for $2,000 a month to care about Gaga I guess :huntyga:

In all seriousness, ASIB and Chromatica more or less matched USA peaks I think? I know Rain On Me was a cute radio hit Summer of 2020.

Edited by Just A Holy Fool

Economy
Just now, Real Panda said:

What about ASIB and Chromatica songs?

I dont remember their exact peaks

I do remember she didnt get even 1 single top 10 in Joanne era (MR came close on super bowl week but didnt quite make it, tho to be fair we didnt have itunes discount that week like US did)

Rain On Me did well as did Shallow, but I do recall even when it hit similar peaks, it fell down the chart faster.

I know at least one of those 2 didnt go #1 tho cuz Canada no longer has more #1s than in the US (a lead we originally had cuz of Bad Romance)

• Sad 1

Economy
3 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

People are too busy working their multiple jobs just to afford a studio apartment for $2,000 a month to care about Gaga I guess :huntyga:

In all seriousness, ASIB and Chromatica more or less matched USA peaks I think? I know Rain On Me was a cute radio hit Summer of 2020.

It didnt fully match the US (one didnt go #1 like in the US and they fell off the charts faster) and that was after Joanne performed considerably worse than in the US.

And so far DWAS is doing decent but its not slaying as hard as in the US or global charts either

Obobo

Most locals I know - guys, girls, moms, coworkers are obsessed with The Weeknd and Drake. I’m assuming they get pushed more onto Canadian media since they score for the CRTC’s canadian content law thing (forget what it’s called) which tries to upkeep Canadian identity. 

• Like 1

Economy
Just now, Obobo said:

Most locals I know - guys, girls, moms, coworkers are obsessed with The Weeknd and Drake. I’m assuming they get pushed more onto Canadian media since they score for the CRTC’s canadian content law thing (forget what it’s called) which tries to upkeep Canadian identity. 

I dont know what that is. Is that related to media having to show a certain % of Canadian content?

I know it was supposed to affect tv streaming i didnt realize it affected radio too. Maybe this could partially explain it then

Tho Post Malone blocked Gaga so much harder the 1st week of DWAS than in the US and hes not Canadian :enigma:

27monster27

So I'm assuming we collectively forgot about this thread I made in October lol:

he/him/his