💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Dr. Luke honest question

Nycboy

Featured Posts

Nycboy

He is credited on Super Freaky Girl by Nicki Minaj and Doja Cat’s Kiss Me More ft. SZA. Both were massive songs. While that is definitely a bummer, this realization is making me feel like Katy is being held to a different standard and it’s honestly sad to see this destroy her career. I’m starting to feel bad for her. Where was the hate for Doja, Nicki and SZA? In Katy’s defense, I don’t think she could have predicted that working with him would lead to these consequences given that he recently worked on massive hits? Eeeeek 

Also IMO her music was never that good anyway. Woman’s World & lifetimes could have been on teenage dream or prism, sorry. So I get how she thought this new era was a return to form. But back then her biggest asset was nonstop radio support. Did the radio just drop her? 

• Like 1

Decodekid

I could be wrong, but I believe Doja is or was signed to his label, before everything came out. And now I believe nothing from her new album is produced by him.

Edited by Decodekid
Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 6

Nycboy
2 minutes ago, Patrickern777 said:

Not Kiss me More, but Say So

Kiss me more shows his name credited on Wiki

Decodekid

Also, nicki is very much cancelled, it’s the same situation as Katy just that her fandom is bigger I guess, but it’s no secret Nicki’s image has been a mess for the past few years.

Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 9

LuvitLevit
10 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

He is credited on Super Freaky Girl by Nicki Minaj and Doja Cat’s Kiss Me More ft. SZA. Both were massive songs. While that is definitely a bummer, this realization is making me feel like Katy is being held to a different standard and it’s honestly sad to see this destroy her career. I’m starting to feel bad for her. Where was the hate for Doja, Nicki and SZA? In Katy’s defense, I don’t think she could have predicted that working with him would lead to these consequences given that he recently worked on massive hits? Eeeeek 

Also IMO her music was never that good anyway. Woman’s World & lifetimes could have been on teenage dream or prism, sorry. So I get how she thought this new era was a return to form. But back then her biggest asset was nonstop radio support. Did the radio just drop her? 

Absolutely a fair question regarding him working with other artists like Nicki and Doja. For Doja, I believe that was more of a label thing and she spoke about being upset that he was credited as a songwriter, so she did not have much control. For Nicki, unfortunately, it is kind of in her wheelhouse to work with problematic people in music without a care. With Katy, there was a proximity to Kesha that seemed so close and her involvement with him was really just not a good idea. he is indeed a great Hitmaker, but a terrible person. Because Katy’s name was connected to the whole situation, that is the reason why she gets more backlash. 

• Like 4

ALGAYDO
12 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

it’s honestly sad to see this destroy her career

Not really tho? Willingly/proudly working with a rapist should always come with severe consequences tbh 

• Like 4

Economy

Its like I said earlier, Its not just cuz Katy is a woman. Its also because shes in Pop as well

Female pop artists have a type of audience that is more likely to be woke or cancel over stuff. Ppl who listen to RAP or R&B simply do not care about social woke stuff as much

Im not surprised Nicky Minaj would be held to a lower standard than Katy Perry on certain questionabke decisions

PS: Then theres the theme of womans world. That also amplifyed the criticism cuz it made working with him ironic and made the song feel ungenuine

Edited by Economy

Teletubby

everyone knew that pop girl would not get a pass to work with Luke. even Kim Petras' label sent her to other producers to save her debut album.

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem

Free Bitch

Kesha and Katy used to be friends. Would you work with the assaulter of a (old) friend of yours?

• Thanks 1

PropaGaga
29 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

Kiss me more shows his name credited on Wiki

Doja signed to Luke months (possibly even a year?) before Kesha's allegations came out. He had very little to do with her career until she started blowing up nearly 5 years later.

Luke's credit on "Kiss Me More" was added after the song came out. The original press release does not have him credited. The producer, Yeti Beats, all but confirmed Luke had nothing to do with it in a DM with a fan. That's on top of Doja's own comments saying that Luke would often be added to the credits of tracks he didn't work on. She said she hadn't worked with him for a while and didn't see a future where she felt she needed to again. She was later forced to retract this statement. Fast forward to Scarlet, and Luke has no credits on that album or its follow up EP, Claude, because Doja sold off the rights to several songs on Planet Her that Luke was not involved in and allowed him to claim credit for them.

And nobody is looking to Nicki Minaj, who is married to a convicted rapist and murderer, to be some sort of moral compass. That's why she's not being asked about it.

The reason why Katy is being dragged is likely less to do with Luke and more to do with the fact the songs sound like they were pulled from a hard drive of demos from 2014-2016. I don't think anyone would care if the songs were actually good. But they are underwritten and underproduced. If you're going to throw your morals away, at least make sure the songs are bulletproof. There's also the fact that Katy has an actual history with Kesha, going back to before Kesha even had an album out, and she testified in her trial. She previously stopped working with Luke because of the ongoing litigation, and as soon as the case was settled, she immediately ran back to him.

Edited by PropaGaga
  • Like 6

2School4Cool

I think a lot of it has to do with Choosing to work with him versus being contractually obligated to work with him. All of these other artists have been criticized for working with him to, but I know some artists like Doja and Kim Petras have been trying to get out of their deals with him and don’t want to be working with him, so how can we really hold it against them? Katy’s song is also about female empowerment with a man who sexually assaulted another female pop star, that’s a horrible look

See The Best In Everyone
  • Like 2

River

Radio didn't drop her, the radio, hollywood, music industry, they don't give a f-ck about SA victims, you can see how much love and support Nicki gets from everyone there, you can see how MTV gave her and Katy the Vanguard Award.. how everybody there didn't show any support to the victim of Nicki's husband. no one.

The whole #metoo was just a trend there, not because they cared, but because they have been caught.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

TortureMeOnReplay
33 minutes ago, Economy said:

Its like I said earlier, Its not just cuz Katy is a woman. Its also because shes in Pop as well

Female pop artists have a type of audience that is more likely to be woke or cancel over stuff. Ppl who listen to RAP or R&B simply do not care about social woke stuff as much

Im not surprised Nicky Minaj would be held to a lower standard than Katy Perry on certain questionabke decisions

PS: Then theres the theme of womans world. That also amplifyed the criticism cuz it made working with him ironic and made the song feel ungenuine

It's because the barbz are the biggest cult out of any fanbase.