question

Dr. Luke honest question

Nycboy

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, River said:

Radio didn't drop her, the radio, hollywood, music industry, they don't give a f-ck about SA victims, you can see how much love and support Nicki gets from everyone there, you can see how MTV gave her and Katy the Vanguard Award.. how everybody there didn't show any support to the victim of Nicki's husband. no one.

The whole #metoo was just a trend there, not because they cared, but because they have been caught.

Nicki really doesn't get a lot of love, I'm not sure what you mean? MTV knew Barbz would watch in troves and promote the show, they're just using her fanbase. Other than that, I'm not sure who shows her love. 

PropaGaga
4 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

Kim Petras have been trying to get out of their deals with him and don’t want to be working with him

To be fair, this is also a myth lol. Kim Petras signed her contract with Luke's record label in 2021, 5 years after she had already been freely working with him. Maybe she regrets it now, but she was warned from the beginning and constantly pushed back at anyone who dared criticize her.

Fimp0woXEAAJ4qG?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1

River
11 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Nicki really doesn't get a lot of love, I'm not sure what you mean? MTV knew Barbz would watch in troves and promote the show, they're just using her fanbase. Other than that, I'm not sure who shows her love. 

Like last March Bey sent her flowers for whatever reason and it's not the first time, since 2017, when it was exposed that she's supporting her rapist brother and then when everything was exposed with her husband in 2018, she was featured in 20+ songs, from Ari, Katy, Bey, DNCE even BTS, and a lot of rappers.

The only year she actually was not featured so far is 2024.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 2

Economy
19 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

It's because the barbz are the biggest cult out of any fanbase. 

That doesnt shield her from non fan criticism

I still think it has more to do with Katies genre + the theme of the song.

gemein3

I think when you’re aware of and mentioned in a lawsuit where a fellow female popstar is accusing your collaborator of ra** and other sexist and abusive behavior, then you probably deserve the blow back when you release a song with said collaborator about women empowerment and then double down on that choice. It’s disturbingly tone-deaf and too ironic  

Because of that, I genuinely believe that song was in many ways intended to be a dig at Kesha — a sort of inside joke — and they had hoped it would blow the F up and be huge. There’s no WAYYY this didn’t come up. 

She (and the others you mentioned) are all deserving of the same blowback. 

Edited by gemein3

faysalaaa

Doja and most artists working with him are forced to do so because of contracts. I also remember Doja speaking out against Dr Luke even when shes forced to work with him. Nicki is already cancelled for working and being around horrible men.

Katy was also involved in Keshas lawsuit,so working with the abuser of the victim you personally know and involved in their lawsuit is weird.

Katy should not worked with him regardless if she knew she would be cancelled or not. Your comment makes it seem like you only do the right thing based on peoples reaction.

Edited by faysalaaa

2School4Cool
1 hour ago, PropaGaga said:

To be fair, this is also a myth lol. Kim Petras signed her contract with Luke's record label in 2021, 5 years after she had already been freely working with him. Maybe she regrets it now, but she was warned from the beginning and constantly pushed back at anyone who dared criticize her.

Fimp0woXEAAJ4qG?format=jpg&name=large

Hm I wasn’t aware of this

See The Best In Everyone

RochestrMonstr

I think most people who actively visit this site would readily call Nicki a bad person. 

Shyane
1 hour ago, River said:

Radio didn't drop her

Exactly. She definitely had a radio to support WW to get to radio top 80 even though no one listened to the song.

KevinWright

Do you really think the new Katy Perry songs are flopping because she is collaborated with Dr. Puke? Only stan twitter really know who produced these tracks and nobody else.

You all know in what world we are all living. Her new songs are flopping ONLY because they are generic and stupid. If Woman's World and Lifetimes were bops they will slay the charts. Just like Say So and Super Freaky Girl.

• Thanks 1

Shyane

I think the Dr. Luke thing is a talking point but the reason behind her bad chart performance is ... her music is just not good. It's not like she tanks all of a sudden after working with Dr. Luke. She has gone down gradually one era after another. With or without Dr. Luke, her music just won't sell either way. :coffee:

RochestrMonstr

It does seem like there’s some kind of misconception that Katy flopping is related to Katy working with Dr Luke. 

She was flopping no matter what, just as her last two albums did. There is no demand for new music from her outside of her very small remaining fan base. For whatever reason, a few delusional people acted like she was making some type of “comeback”, which made no sense regardless of who she worked with.  

Edit: people around this site are definitely (rightfully) roasting her for working with Luke, just like anyone else who works with him by choice. But GGD does not have the power to make a song flop. The general public is doing that. 

Edited by RochestrMonstr
  • Like 1

Monet
3 hours ago, River said:

Like last March Bey sent her flowers for whatever reason and it's not the first time, since 2017, when it was exposed that she's supporting her rapist brother and then when everything was exposed with her husband in 2018, she was featured in 20+ songs, from Ari, Katy, Bey, DNCE even BTS, and a lot of rappers.

The only year she actually was not featured so far is 2024.

And also Sabrina showed her some support last week and received flowers from her and posted it :toofunny:

LadyEnigma
46 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

It does seem like there’s some kind of misconception that Katy flopping is related to Katy working with Dr Luke. 

She was flopping no matter what, just as her last two albums did. There is no demand for new music from her outside of her very small remaining fan base. For whatever reason, a few delusional people acted like she was making some type of “comeback”, which made no sense regardless of who she worked with.  

Edit: people around this site are definitely (rightfully) roasting her for working with Luke, just like anyone else who works with him by choice. But GGD does not have the power to make a song flop. The general public is doing that. 

I don't disagree ab her flopping, but I genuinely think if she worked with someone like Zedd on a record she could have a hit/good body of work to put out.

365 was GREAT and Zedd can make a banging pop track with anybody, why she chose to make Woman's World with a ****ing (alleged) rap*st will never fail to stump me.