💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

DWAS, SSOH and the pop/rock album that got away

RichAssPiss

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss

I know everyone's excited for the return to dark pop, but listening to "Die with a Smile" and "Sweet Sounds of Heaven" side by side has me imagining the warmer sounding, looser pop/rock album that could have fit these songs. I'd still like to get that album someday. I'm aware people think of Joanne as a rock album. But it still felt like it was working within some pressure to meet a pop sensibility. The way these two songs flow and kind of linger really suits her style, and it's something we've not really gotten much outside of some of the ASIB songs, in character.

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

NATAH

i'd like a 5-6 track EP in that style rather than a full album and era (unless she makes the era fun)

mother, what must i do?

Anderson123

I think she's going to do an album like that some day. It's just that after Cheek To Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born we finally got a DANCE Gaga album we've been craving for a long time with Chromatica which barely had a life because of the pandemic. LG7 needs to take it to the next level with that and who knows, maybe it will have a bit of that, influences of Die With A Smile and Sweet Sounds of Heaven, Andrew Watt is the executive producer after all.

We've had Brown Eyes, Speechless, You and I and Dope in albums that have been very dance pop, there's a chance we might get something like that if it fits the mood of LG7. Or maybe not and this is the way of her to get that sound "out of the way" as singles from other artists lol. We'll see. Can't wait for October.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

LG2008
3 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

I know everyone's excited for the return to dark pop, but listening to "Die with a Smile" and "Sweet Sounds of Heaven" side by side has me imagining the warmer sounding, looser pop/rock album that could have fit these songs. I'd still like to get that album someday. I'm aware people think of Joanne as a rock album. But it still felt like it was working within some pressure to meet a pop sensibility. The way these two songs flow and kind of linger really suits her style, and it's something we've not really gotten much outside of some of the ASIB songs, in character.

Maybe that's the secret project :gum:

• Like 1

RichAssPiss
3 hours ago, NATAH said:

i'd like a 5-6 track EP in that style rather than a full album and era (unless she makes the era fun)

I'd like a curated 10 track album with like one major single. Marketed as a not commercial artistic exploration. With a pop record around the corner. So it's clear it's one among many projects. 

julz

Honestly truly deeply madly into this. Gaga should at some point be a rock star in an era and do a rock album.

And i just realized that she might get nominated and hopefully win for

SSOH and DWAS

The slayage!!!

• Like 2